ADVERTISEMENT

Biden Says He Was Still VP During COVID and Obama Sent Him to ‘Fix It’

SoProudNole

HR Legend
Jan 19, 2004
Uggghhh. This is so bad.

President Joe Biden erroneously claimed on Sunday he was still serving as vice president during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Speaking at a dinner for the NAACP in Detroit, Michigan, Biden went on a tangent proclaiming he was on the ground in the state to help out as the virus raged on, at the request of former President Barack Obama.

“And when I was vice president, things were kind of bad during the pandemic,” Biden said. “And what happened was, Barack said to me, ‘Go to Detroit, and help fix it.’ Well the poor mayor, he spent more time with me than he thought he was ever going to have to. God love you.”

Biden was referring to Detroit Mayor Mike Duggan, who took office while Biden was still VP back in 2014.

I REALLY wish he'd bow out. There are certainly many younger, more energetic options for the dems.

Link

Uggghhh. This is so bad.

President Joe Biden erroneously claimed on Sunday he was still serving as vice president during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Speaking at a dinner for the NAACP in Detroit, Michigan, Biden went on a tangent proclaiming he was on the ground in the state to help out as the virus raged on, at the request of former President Barack Obama.

“And when I was vice president, things were kind of bad during the pandemic,” Biden said. “And what happened was, Barack said to me, ‘Go to Detroit, and help fix it.’ Well the poor mayor, he spent more time with me than he thought he was ever going to have to. God love you.”

Biden was referring to Detroit Mayor Mike Duggan, who took office while Biden was still VP back in 2014.

I REALLY wish he'd bow out. There are certainly many younger, more energetic options for the dems.

Link
Brokered convention.

“And what happened was, Barack said to me, ‘Go to Detroit, and help fix it.’ Well the poor mayor, he spent more time with me than he thought he was ever going to have to. God love you.”

I could feel Obama cringe when I read the above...

Reactions: hawkosx and ICHerky
Ok. He talked about it during his first campaign.
Did he say Covid in the recent speech? Or just pandemic?
pan·dem·ic
/panˈdemik/
noun

1. a widespread occurrence of an infectious disease over a whole country or the world at a particular time.
    "the impact of the pandemic caused loved ones to be separated and unable to meet in person"
adjective

1. (of a disease) prevalent over a whole country or the world.
    "pandemic diseases have occurred throughout history"

He's talking about the Ebola outbreak.
Stretching Major League Baseball GIF by MLB

Reactions: Scruddy
pan·dem·ic
/panˈdemik/
noun

1. a widespread occurrence of an infectious disease over a whole country or the world at a particular time.
    "the impact of the pandemic caused loved ones to be separated and unable to meet in person"
adjective

1. (of a disease) prevalent over a whole country or the world.
    "pandemic diseases have occurred throughout history"
Well, you really got him now!

Uggghhh. This is so bad.

Link
To be fair he simply said the quiet part out loud. He hasn’t been “running the country” since he was “elected” and might as well be the VP at this point.

Uggghhh. This is so bad.

Link
Maybe the Democratic convention will be the time for the powers that be to have an honest conversation with Joe.

I know the Republican Party won’t do what’s right. Maybe the Democrats will.

One way or the other, Joe needs to step down. I’m already close enough as it is to leaving that part of the ballot blank.

Uggghhh. This is so bad.

Link
We elected a vegetable

Maybe the Democratic convention will be the time for the powers that be to have an honest conversation with Joe.

I know the Republican Party won’t do what’s right. Maybe the Democrats will.

One way or the other, Joe needs to step down. I’m already close enough as it is to leaving that part of the ballot blank.
They can't, bc Kamala wants the job and obviously can't run a real campaign. They can't replace the first female VP of color with anyone else unless they check at least a couple of boxes as far as "diversity" is concerned. Greatly limits their field.. The curse of pandering to wokeness lol

Didn’t even read your own article.

Is your stance that Biden went to Detroit to help people who had family members in Liberia who had Ebola?
You trying to own yourself? Detroit was clearly preparing for ebola.

This. Any worse than Trump confusing Nicki Haley with Nancy Pelosi? I have a hard time dealing with the MAGA double standards.

There was 4 cases of Ebola in the US in 2014.

None even close to Detroit.

Here is Obamas response to Ebola, nothing about sending Biden to Detroit.

Two people died of Ebola in the United States. Neither caught it in the US. Two people total in the US contracted it in the US. Neither died.

Is Ebola a threat to the United States?​

Currently Ebola is not considered a threat outside of certain countries in sub-Saharan Africa. Very few people with Ebola have been outside of that area. During the 2014-2016 outbreak, 11 people with Ebola were treated in the United States, nine of whom had contracted it in western Africa, most as health care workers. Two died – a Liberian visiting the United States and a doctor who had treated Ebola patients in Sierra Leone. Two American nurses contracted the disease while treating the Liberian patient, but both recovered. In other words, only two people have ever been infected with Ebola while on American soil and neither died. By comparison, CDC estimated 52,000 Americans died from influenza during the 2017-2018 flu season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT