ADVERTISEMENT

Biden: You'll Know My Opinion On Court Packing When Election Is Over

You knew darn well what I meant when I said ACA insurance. And your response of it “prevents being a financial nightmare more than previously “ does NOT mitigate what I said.....that for most, it is a POTENTIAL financial nightmare. Note the word “potential.”

Swing and a miss on your part.

Still waiting for you to admit you were wrong about the standard deduction being used to calculate income for the subsidy. I won’t hold my breath though, since you seem incapable of admitting it.

All on you.
The potential for financial nightmare is far lower with the ACA than it was without. That's what out of pocket maximums do. Perhaps a financial nightmare for you is paying a high deductible but that doesn't come close to qualifying as a nightmare for me or, I'm guessing, millions of others.

I was wrong about the standard deduction and misstated how what is paid is offset by taxes. That doesn't change the point made, but it was incorrect.

The majority of people disagree with you about the insurance coverage provided today due to the ACA even though it is less effective than it could be due to the republican obstacles put in place.

The potential for financial nightmare is far lower with the ACA than it was without. That's what out of pocket maximums do. Perhaps a financial nightmare for you is paying a high deductible but that doesn't come close to qualifying as a nightmare for me or, I'm guessing, millions of others.

I was wrong about the standard deduction and misstated how what is paid is offset by taxes. That doesn't change the point made, but it was incorrect.

The majority of people disagree with you about the insurance coverage provided today due to the ACA even though it is less effective than it could be due to the republican obstacles put in place.
Lower, but still there. Which is not inconsistent with what I said. You are basically agreeing with me.

Here is a question I have. With the ACA, was the original intent to open the boarders of states for health insurance. Kind of like it is for Auto? And, if that is the case, was it blocked or just dropped?

Thanks

Not really. The potential is there (which you agreed with), and that is all I said.
There's potential that the sun won't come up tomorrow too. And that's not all you said.

Being wrong and/or misinformed is your specialty.

There's potential that the sun won't come up tomorrow too. And that's not all you said.

Being wrong and/or misinformed is your specialty.
To dismiss the (very real) potential for financial disaster for people shows you have no grasp of reality. You have already been proven wrong in this thread (which you finally admitted to), and have been unable to refute either of the two points I made. In case you forgot, I will repeat them:

ACA insurance is terrible health insurance. High priced, high deductibles. Sure, it is good for some people, but for most, it is a potential financial nightmare.

Nothing in this is not true (and don’t even bother with “ACA isn’t insurance”, because I am referring to ACA mandated insurance that is offered on the exchange, which is what I have). It is high priced. It has high deductibles. It is good for some people. It is a potential financial nightmare.

You have yet to prove otherwise. Because you can’t. So you should probably quit while you are behind. Funny you throw out the “being wrong is your specialty” BS, when you are the one who has been proven wrong (and you admitted it).

To dismiss the (very real) potential for financial disaster for people shows you have no grasp of reality. You have already been proven wrong in this thread (which you finally admitted to), and have been unable to refute either of the two points I made. In case you forgot, I will repeat them:

ACA insurance is terrible health insurance. High priced, high deductibles. Sure, it is good for some people, but for most, it is a potential financial nightmare.

Nothing in this is not true (and don’t even bother with “ACA isn’t insurance”, because I am referring to ACA mandated insurance that is offered on the exchange, which is what I have). It is high priced. It has high deductibles. It is good for some people. It is a potential financial nightmare.

You have yet to prove otherwise. Because you can’t. So you should probably quit while you are behind. Funny you throw out the “being wrong is your specialty” BS, when you are the one who has been proven wrong (and you admitted it).
Sigh. The ACA doesn't mandate people buy insurance from the exchange.

There's a reason the majority of people want to keep the ACA. Your opinion on it is flawed and wrought with hyperbolic inaccuracy.

It's been fun jerking your chain but I'm bored with it now.

Sigh. The ACA doesn't mandate people buy insurance from the exchange.

There's a reason the majority of people want to keep the ACA. Your opinion on it is flawed and wrought with hyperbolic inaccuracy.

It's been fun jerking your chain but I'm bored with it now.
I never ONCE said people were mandated to buy insurance from the exchange. I also never ONCE said anything about whether people wanted to keep the ACA or not. However, you are ignorant of the fact that some people HAVE NO CHOICE. Here in Iowa, that is the ONLY option available (except for a fully underwritten plan offered by Wellmark to Farm Bureau members....which is still expensive, and of course coverage offered thru a persons employer).

Please prove which of the following is incorrect:
1. Health insurance offered thru the exchange is expensive.
2. It has high deductibles.
3. It is good for some people.
4. It has the potential to be a financial nightmare.

None of these are “opinions”. I have asked you repeatedly to prove these statements wrong. You have failed to do so. All you do is call me wrong, misinformed, etc. Yet you continue to fail to prove any of the above 4 statements wrong. Either do so....or go away. You really are making yourself look foolish,

I never ONCE said people were mandated to buy insurance from the exchange. I also never ONCE said anything about whether people wanted to keep the ACA or not. However, you are ignorant of the fact that some people HAVE NO CHOICE. Here in Iowa, that is the ONLY option available (except for a fully underwritten plan offered by Wellmark to Farm Bureau members....which is still expensive, and of course coverage offered thru a persons employer).

Please prove which of the following is incorrect:

None of these are “opinions”. I have asked you repeatedly to prove these statements wrong. You have failed to do so. All you do is call me wrong, misinformed, etc. Yet you continue to fail to prove any of the above 4 statements wrong. Either do so....or go away. You really are making yourself look foolish,
"I am referring to ACA mandated insurance that is offered on the exchange".

You don't even know what you're saying. And the ACA didn't mandate only one offering in any state. The insurance companies decided that. A very good reason to have a public offering.

I'm done with your lessons. Carry on with your ignorance.

"I am referring to ACA mandated insurance that is offered on the exchange".

You don't even know what you're saying. And the ACA didn't mandate only one offering in any state. The insurance companies decided that. A very good reason to have a public offering.

I'm done with your lessons. Carry on with your ignorance.
Again....which of these statements are incorrect:

You still haven’t proven any of these are wrong. If all you have to hang your hat on is semantics, then it’s no wonder you are “done”.

I never ONCE said the ACA mandated only one offering. I merely said ACA mandated (compliant, whatever the correct wording is) is the only option available here in Iowa, other than the exceptions I listed. I never said it was only one company. It is in fact, two. YOU are the one who put words in my mouth. And then you once again bring up a public option, which I have NEVER expressed an opinion on in this thread.

You are right...you are “done”..

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT