ADVERTISEMENT

Big 10 - 2024 Schedule - Iowa playing at USC in 2024 -- UCLA at Iowa in 2024

Nebraska has been such a bottom feeder since joining the league. A total disappointment but at least Iowa has dominated them.
Aaahhhhh, let the hate flow through you…..Nebraska came in strong beating the irrelevant teams of the bigten, like Iowa, at least 3 outta 4 times. Nebraska has definitely sucked since 2015. I thoroughly enjoyed tge a$$ kicking Neb gave Iowa las season. Were you one of the “sore loser” Iowa fans hanging onto the heroes trophy after the game last season????

Aaahhhhh, let the hate flow through you…..Nebraska came in strong beating the irrelevant teams of the bigten, like Iowa, at least 3 outta 4 times. Nebraska has definitely sucked since 2015. I thoroughly enjoyed tge a$$ kicking Neb gave Iowa las season. Were you one of the “sore loser” Iowa fans hanging onto the heroes trophy after the game last season????
What happened to the days when 12 year olds had jobs mowing lawns or helping out on the farm? Now too many sit on there fat asses playing on opposing teams message boards.

I still think he's going to stay for most of his remaining contract but after seeing those opponents for 24 and 25 I'd be less surprised if your prediction of 23 being Kirk's last year comes true.

The big ten west has been very good to the Ferentz family. Wisconsin and NW probably not too happy about it going away either
Especially NW, but all the teams in the West have to wonder if they ever have a chance now.

I'll stand by my prediction - the timing seems right. But, as I have said, I'm usually wrong.

Especially NW, but all the teams in the West have to wonder if they ever have a chance now.

I'll stand by my prediction - the timing seems right. But, as I have said, I'm usually wrong.
Until it gets to the point where the players are basically in charge, Kirk will remain. He knows he has a shot with the 12 team playoff.

• Haha
Reactions: HogLovinHawkeye
I hope Kirk gets his chance to do this with some big wins in the next few years.

file.jpg

Why does Trev Alberts have such a thing for Iowa? He is like a cling on dingleberry that just won't go away.

• Haha
only the BT makes them play each other, personally Wisconsin and Minnesota are IA's true rivals. as for that headline it proves nothing.
Yes, it’s strange, but part of me is glad Iowa has had some recent success against Nebraska as pre 2015 it was a joke of a series, which is why we treat you like little brothers. I will say when it comes to Nebraska football Iowa fans have been consistently horrible losers and winners. I still hold out hope I’ll come across a decent, college football smart Iowa fan, I suppose it’s possible just not probable.

Illinois would have made more sense then. Nebraska.
I agree. The 'rivalry' with UN was manufactured by HyVee and called the Hero's Game. Although because of Iowa's dominance and UN arrogance it does have the necessary fan hatred.

The distain for Illanoy runs much longer and deeper.

When UN entered the league the Big Ten manufactured other rivalries, including the Land Grant Game with MSU and PSU. Funny that will not be a protected rivalry.

• Haha
Yes, it’s strange, but part of me is glad Iowa has had some recent success against Nebraska as pre 2015 it was a joke of a series, which is why we treat you like little brothers. I will say when it comes to Nebraska football Iowa fans have been consistently horrible losers and winners. I still hold out hope I’ll come across a decent, college football smart Iowa fan, I suppose it’s possible just not probable.
your arrogance toward Iowan's is why you will never meet your fan. and its also why Iowa fans treat Nebraska fans the way they do.

how's it feel to be treated like Nebraska fans treated Iowa fans for decades? what you feel is payback for all those years of arrogance by Nebraska fans.

your arrogance toward Iowan's is why you will never meet your fan. and its also why Iowa fans treat Nebraska fans the way they do.

how's it feel to be treated like Nebraska fans treated Iowa fans for decades? what you feel is payback for all those years of arrogance by Nebraska fans.
Like I posted, I’m somewhat glad that after over 100 years of Nebraska dominance, Iowa finally made a series of it in the past 8 years. As soon as I meet a respectable Iowa fan I will be happy to return the respect. The onus is on Little brother (Iowa) to show respect first.

Agreed - not much different.

If I'm lucky I have another 20 years left on this earth. Which team has a better chance of winning the B1G in my lifetime? Football or basketball? And what is the % likelihood that it will happen?

Which team stands a better chance in being in the thick of the race in the last 2 weeks?

With B1G expansion, a conference title is about like winning a natty.

:confused:
Agreed.

Meanwhile Iowa State can get into the playoff by beating TCU and Baylor in same season.

Iowa’s chances of making the playoff are damn near zero once this schedule is put in front of them.

tp me they cpuld have the division at 9 teams each
put UCLA and USC in the West and move Purdue in the East. with 1 protected crossover team my favorite would be PSU.
Then let the 2 division winners play for the BT Championship.
Agree, and I don't think you'd have to play everyone in your division if it means making sure you play everyone at least 1x every 2 years.

I kinda like that Iowa is trying to protect its rivalry games. It sucked when the games against Wisconsin were dropped for a time (back with the old Legends vs Leaders divisions).

On the flip side ... it is a little weird that someone valued Iowa vs Nebraska as a protected game. I get it more for Nebraska than Iowa ... because they don't share a border with anybody else. However, I don't think that the fanbase for either squad truly views the game as a "true" rivalry.

I love that Iowa kept three protected rivals. College sports is about rivalries, and too many have been lost to realignment.

Stewart Mandel said recently that the only new rivalry that feels real to him is Iowa-Nebraska. I agree.

Do we kick Iowa State to the curb in 2026?

would love to

we don't need them; they sure as hell need us to fill up their dump stadium
In the past, I've thought that the question relating to ISU was a silly one.

However, if Iowa retains 4 "fixed" teams as annual rivals ... it could be argued that that could be bad for national exposure. Obviously, any lack of national exposure can potentially be deleterious to recruiting.

This only reinforces Iowa as a completely regional market. However, on the flip side ... maybe that's just the truth of the economics? It certainly is true from the perspective of folks on the coasts (who view much of the midwest as fly-over territory). I think only we Iowans view ourselves as anything other than a regional market base.

At least Caleb Williams will be gone from QB at USC when we play in 2024. Maybe Cade will still be here for the Hawks. Would be a pretty veteran Iowa team. Defense would have more newcomers than offense most likely.

• Haha
Like I posted, I’m somewhat glad that after over 100 years of Nebraska dominance, Iowa finally made a series of it in the past 8 years. As soon as I meet a respectable Iowa fan I will be happy to return the respect. The onus is on Little brother (Iowa) to show respect first.
Nebbie has not dominated IA for over 100 years as the majority of their wins over IA occurred before WWll. after WWll IA has been the dominant team a simple search on the IA-Nebraska series will show that.

even the 1st 10 year the series was tied at 4-4-2. Nebraska's longest winning streak occurred during the 30's.

this period was right after IA was suspended from the BT because of boosters being involved in the recruitment of players, today's term is paying players. all of the players involved weredidmissed from the team and the coaches that knew or helped in way were dismissed. this set the program back,

• Haha
a 24-17 score = ass kicking. not even close. IA losing to OSU 54-10 is a ass kicking
IA beating OSU 55-24 is a ass kicking or IA beating USC 49-24 is a ass kicking. in that game had 1 INT and lost 3 fumbles yet they lost by 7 points.

with that many T/O's Neb should have won by more than 7 points. you have no clue has to what a ass kicking is.

Well he's been doing that to everyone over valid criticism about his son's offense so getting some big wins to go along with it would be nice.
since Brian has already made some of you look like fools it won't be hard for them to make posters look like fools in the future.

Reactions: F5n5
I liked the divisions.
It gave us a punchers chance at winning the league.
Some hawk fans seem to.dislike our coach so much they are hoping he fails miserably and so this setup excites them.
Not me.

I preferred the 2009 title game. Scheduling will even out and is predictable.

Illinois will play Iowa twice every four years. What was the drought between 2008 and 2015 🤔

Wisconsin will be played every year, unlike Leaders and Legends era.

Ohio State will be a Kinnick every four years, as opposed to 2010 to 2017 when divisions were played.

UCLA, USC, Ohio State one year
Purdue, Penn State and Michigan the next year

Like, and balanced.

3 rivals protected. More Ohio State and less Northwestern, Illinois and Purdue.

I preferred the 2009 title game. Scheduling will even out and is predictable.

Illinois will play Iowa twice every four years. What was the drought between 2008 and 2015 🤔

Wisconsin will be played every year, unlike Leaders and Legends era.

Ohio State will be a Kinnick every four years, as opposed to 2010 to 2017 when divisions were played.

UCLA, USC, Ohio State one year
Purdue, Penn State and Michigan the next year

Like, and balanced.

3 rivals protected. More Ohio State and less Northwestern, Illinois and Purdue.
you want more losses for Iowa so you can scream louder that the Staff should all be fired/replaced.

Agreed.

Meanwhile Iowa State can get into the playoff by beating TCU and Baylor in same season.

Iowa’s chances of making the playoff are damn near zero once this schedule is put in front of them.
You do realize the playoff is expanding to 12 teams?

ISU will have to go 12-0 in that league. A minimum of 11-1.

There will probably be B1G teams that make it at 9-3 some years.

I love that Iowa kept three protected rivals. College sports is about rivalries, and too many have been lost to realignment.

Stewart Mandel said recently that the only new rivalry that feels real to him is Iowa-Nebraska. I agree.

Nowadays, every fanbase tries to shit on every other fanbase by saying they aren't a rivalry.

Iowa and Nebraska are rivals and it is a true rivalry.
My remarks had more to deal with the fact that the game just really doesn't have a whole lot of historical zeal.

The Minnesota and Wisconsin games are clear rivalries ... series with them going almost 100 games vs Wisconsin and over 100 games vs Minnesota.

The ISU game is a clear rivalry, not only because it's an in-state affair ... but also because there was such "bad-blood" that the series was postponed for over 40 years.

As for the series with Nebraska ... the teams have faced off for only a little over 50 times. For much of the history of the series ... it's been remarkably one-sided (dominated by the Huskers up until around 2000 ... and dominated by Iowa since then).

However, I'd agree that there are other elements that kinda do make the game feel like a "real" rivalry. Both states don't have NFL teams ... so the respective fan-bases are quite fanatical. Obviously, there is a shared border. The fan-bases for each program are proud ... and bragging rights are on the line as it relates to the game.

• Haha
Nowadays, every fanbase tries to shit on every other fanbase by saying they aren't a rivalry.

Iowa and Nebraska are rivals and it is a true rivalry.
Yes, Iowa/Nebraska is definitely a rivalry and the fans of either side that say it’s not make me laugh.

The biggest issues dividing Iowa and Nebraska fans is mostly an Iowa fan problem.

The vast majority of Iowa fans have never given the big8/12 any respect despite the vast amount of statistical and factual evidence that the big8/12 was/is as dominant as any other conference.

The vast majority of Nebraska fans and fans of other programs respect Iowa football for what it is, unfortunately that’s not adequate for most Iowa fans.

Yes, Iowa/Nebraska is definitely a rivalry and the fans of either side that say it’s not make me laugh.

The biggest issues dividing Iowa and Nebraska fans is mostly an Iowa fan problem.

The vast majority of Iowa fans have never given the big8/12 any respect despite the vast amount of statistical and factual evidence that the big8/12 was/is as dominant as any other conference.

The vast majority of Nebraska fans and fans of other programs respect Iowa football for what it is, unfortunately that’s not adequate for most Iowa fans.
You are literally derailing every single thread right now. You might possibly be worse than @karnack1955, which is saying something. While you might think it's "witty banter" it's not. You're a pain in the ass. Not sure why a grown man needs to spend multiple hours every day on an opposing teams forums.

Big 8 was the roid conference. Let criminals play.

• Haha
You are literally derailing every single thread right now. You might possibly be worse than @karnack1955, which is saying something. While you might think it's "witty banter" it's not. You're a pain in the ass. Not sure why a grown man needs to spend multiple hours every day on an opposing teams forums.
Weather isn’t ideal today and this is more entertaining than watching tv.
Big 8 was the roid conference. Let criminals play.
Exhibit A of Iowa fan’s ignorance. Big10 teams had/have as much roid abuse and criminals as any other conference.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT