ADVERTISEMENT

BIG and SEC in talks for future scheduling

Saw that.

It’s just a matter of time before these 2 drop the rest of division 1.

Then I’ll really lose interest in college sports.
Reasonable assumption it's heading in that direction.
This is now minor league pro football. Any connection between the educational mission of the universities, which was frankly pretty tenuous for years, is essentially gone. Amateurism, which has also been pretend for some time, is also not a term that has application to today's upper end FBS.
Operate it like any other pro sports league.

Saw that.

It’s just a matter of time before these 2 drop the rest of division 1.

Then I’ll really lose interest in college sports.
No you won’t.

If you haven’t lost interest already, you’re not going to.

I still enjoy watching my Hawkeyes as much as I did nearly 40 years ago. I miss the way it was when you could clinch a Rose Bowl birth in your home stadium, but the Hawkeyes are still the Hawkeyes, and they still play in Kinnick Stadium. It’s a beautiful thing.

No you won’t.

I still enjoy watching my Hawkeyes as much as I did nearly 40 years ago. I miss the way it was when you could clinch a Rose Bowl birth in your home stadium, but the Hawkeyes are still the Hawkeyes, and they still play in Kinnick Stadium. It’s a beautiful thing.
Oh ya, my interest level is at an all time low with all of the bullshit.

This could be my final push.

No you won’t.

I think it could backfire. 34 college teams that matter and the rest don’t ?

Current college fans of big XII should just pick a new team? They likely already have a favorite NFL team. Will Northwestern and Vanderbilt get orphaned fans?

If I was the NFL at that point I would seriously consider scheduling Saturday Night NFL games for all the people that no longer have a favorite team.

Also many of the big ten and sec teams would pretty much get their ass kicked most weeks. How long does that keep fans interest. Bet the farm the big dogs don’t want parity and won’t be moving in that direction.

Last edited:
It’s easy to not give a shit when Iowa, as much as I love them will be like a close to relegated Premier League team. Bowls will no longer exist. They are pointless now. We will become bottom feeders. Tell me I’m wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT