ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten projected seeds

I think Gilman gets the #1 seed. Delgado has very few Big Ten wins where as Gilman has done the entire season grind.

If Clark gets the 6th or 7th seed, I think he makes the finals. He has learned a lot of lessons this year so I believe he beats everyone but Dardanes.

Two observations. Some of these brackets will be seeded beyond 8 due to the number of qualifying positions earned. Also, Delgado doesn't deserve the #1 seed based on his limited amount of wrestling and his lackluster results.

If you're a coach and your guy is looking at a 4-6 seed do you really want your guy to face Delgado in the quarters if he has a 3-5 seed? That's the reason why I could see him getting a pretty high seed. Depending on what he places at Big Tens I think it'll be interesting to see what his seed for nationals is.

I keep seeing Telford at 4 and I don't get it at all. He beat Medberry and McMullan. He's also wrestled the toughest schedule of anyone in the country at that weight. I don't get what he's being punished for.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by Chuck C:
If you're a coach and your guy is looking at a 4-6 seed do you really want your guy to face Delgado in the quarters if he has a 3-5 seed? That's the reason why I could see him getting a pretty high seed. Depending on what he places at Big Tens I think it'll be interesting to see what his seed for nationals is.
Would you want your wrestler to have to wrestle Gilman?

BigFall: Telford beat McMullen & Medberries at Midlands. He lost to Coon & McMullen in B1G DUALS (which I believe is main seeding criteria). Also in B1G duals, Medberries beat McMullen & Coon. Telford getting 4th seed opposite McMullen & Coon is a good thing, imo.

Originally posted by JonesHawk125:
BigFall: Telford beat McMullen & Medberries at Midlands. He lost to Coon & McMullen in B1G DUALS (which I believe is main seeding criteria). Also in B1G duals, Medberries beat McMullen & Coon. Telford getting 4th seed opposite McMullen & Coon is a good thing, imo.
This is correct for Telford, well done

This is what it pretty much came down to. 125 was one of the harder weights and the consensus was that we could easily see Delgado getting the #1 seed despite his limited record.

When I put my rough draft together I had Gilman #1, but in the end, I was swayed to drop him down a spot.

Originally posted by HawkTalk3:
This is what it pretty much came down to. 125 was one of the harder weights and the consensus was that we could easily see Delgado getting the #1 seed despite his limited record.

When I put my rough draft together I had Gilman #1, but in the end, I was swayed to drop him down a spot.
Due to common opponent in Waters, Gilman should be #1.

I am confused why the common opponent, Waters, would make Gilman the 1 seed. Both he and Delgado lost decisions to Waters.

Originally posted by 9Hawks:
I am confused why the common opponent, Waters, would make Gilman the 1 seed. Both he and Delgado lost decisions to Waters.
Because of Delgado's sparse resume this season, it appears to be the only basic to critique the 2. Dalgado got beat handily while Gilman went in extra periods.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT