ADVERTISEMENT

Fuck big ten fuck target center

Ya know, I hadn’t thought of that but there could be something to that. The news folks with their cameras were definitely making their rounds.

They certainly turned it into a spectacle. Everyone talking about the massive line.

Felt like the end of the line started in Iowa.

Somehow Iowa can get 70k fans (40k drunk) into Kinnick and its more organized that that sh*t show. Assigned seats and early doors do wonders. LOL

Last edited:
Fans trying to find the end of the line....

46471dd5-9f43-4bd9-9e77-0c28c29f500e_text.gif

Actually a much smoother process than yesterday other than closing the skywalk and having everyone go outside. Only 20 minutes line to seat. And just a few rows behind where we were yesterday.
Thoughts on Target Center?

Do the Timberwolves really need a brand new arena?

Minnesota knows what they are doing when it comes to hosting Big Time events. The city has hosted Super Bowls, Final Fours, and other major events. This shit show is all on the Big Ten conference. The Big Ten decided that this is the way they wanted to ticket the tournament and this complete disaster was the result.

I am sure that Caitlin is embarrassed that people are calling this the Caitlin Clark effect because this is embarrassing and a complete disaster and I'm sure she would not want her name attached to it.
Lol...There is NO way CC is "embarrassed " by this. She has nothing to do with how the B1G did the tickets and anyone with a functioning brain would know that......

Reactions: shudaddy
Lol...There is NO way CC is "embarrassed " by this. She has nothing to do with how the B1G did the tickets and anyone with a functioning brain would know that......

Wow, sometimes you come off as a complete a******. I'm sure I'm not the only one that's ever said that to you.

Sometimes I wonder about your so-called functioning brain.

I’m probably not the best one to comment but seems totally fine to me. Seats are comfy. Good sight lines. Only thing I would change is more concession stands and bigger bathrooms.
Only one stand in the upper level was serving hot dogs. Wtf?

Imagine how much money is not being spent due to people having to wait in line for hours instead of being at a restaurant or bar until an hour before tip off. I’m sure places are getting some business but missing out on the “Iowa Fan Effect” with regards to food and booze purchases where Iowa Hawkeye teams are competing as well as all the other fans from B1G schools.

Way to f it up B1G.

Sounds like the B1G Conference forgot…
1. The Clark phenomenon
2. Iowa fans ability to show up.
3. The number of Iowa fans in close proximity.
4. Guaranteed some lazy schedulers in the B1G office just ran the same old models showing around 6k will show up max, all sit in the lower level and just open the upper levels to GA.

It was a nightmare. At least a third of the people didn't get in before a game started.
That’s the part that makes no sense. How can you have so few entry points that it’s impossible to get everyone who showed up more than 30 minutes ahead of tip in their seats?

I literally waltz into Carver a few minutes before the anthem and have never waited more than a minute or 2. (I have season tix and have attended almost every game men‘s and women‘s.)

FFS hire enough people and have enough doors for a crowd that size.

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
That’s the part that makes no sense. How can you have so few entry points that it’s impossible to get everyone who showed up more than 30 minutes ahead of tip in their seats?

I literally waltz into Carver a few minutes before the anthem and have never waited more than a minute or 2. (I have season tix and have attended almost every game men‘s and women‘s.)

FFS hire enough people and have enough doors for a crowd that size.
If only there were any models, any other arenas in the U.S., that have admitted capacity crowds to an event. Their processes could have been used for reference if that had ever happened.

Oh, wait….

What I don't understand is, how or why the B1G would even prefer GA? What is to be gained? The Target Center sells every other event with assigned seating. Changing to GA is more work than just defaulting to the norm.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Minnesota knows what they are doing when it comes to hosting Big Time events. The city has hosted Super Bowls, Final Fours, and other major events. This shit show is all on the Big Ten conference. The Big Ten decided that this is the way they wanted to ticket the tournament and this complete disaster was the result.

I am sure that Caitlin is embarrassed that people are calling this the Caitlin Clark effect because this is embarrassing and a complete disaster and I'm sure she would not want her name attached to it.

I’m sure no one will be held accountable.

Outside of TV contracts, the BIG seems to f up everything

Actually, on his way out, Kevin Warren cost the B1G at least $65 million in regards to the TV deals.

This was reported on May 21, 2023:

Nearly three months before the season kicks off and those TV deals begin, the Big Ten does not have completed longform contracts, which include the fine print details.

Recently, schools have found out:

• They are going to have to pay back nearly $40 million to Fox because, according to sources, Warren delivered NBC the Big Ten football title game in 2026 without the full authority to do so. This all has unfolded under the complicated backdrop of the Big Ten conference not actually controlling the rights to the inventory of this latest deal -- the Big Ten Network does, which is majority owned by Fox. (More on that below.).

• They are going to have to pay $25 million total for a deal to pay Fox back for lost 2020 football game inventory. This came after an arrangement between Fox and the conference that was unable to muster the lost revenue from the COVID-19 season.

• There's tens of millions of dollars of value of the NBC primetime deal in flux, as Petitti has been racing to ensure it keeps as much of its original value as possible. Historically in the Big Ten, after the first weekend in November, schools were not required to play night games for myriad reasons -- health, recovery and campus logistics among them. These were known in league circles as "tolerances," and prior television contracts accounted for them.

Athletic departments and coaches around the Big Ten say they were surprised November night games would be part of the deal. They weren't asked for permission to play them prior to the deal or informed of the change ahead of the deal, according to sources. At the same time, NBC wasn't aware until well after the initial contract was signed this summer that these big-brand schools had historic tolerances that were part of the prior television arrangements and would resist being available.

Multiple sources told ESPN there's been pushback from a number of schools, including Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State, to play those late-November night games under the new contract. That leaves Petitti to figure out how to uphold a deal for hundreds of millions of dollars for primetime games without cooperation from some of the league's marquee teams for part of the regular season's most important month.

"These deals aren't done, and they aren't what they were represented to be from the standpoint of the NBC deal and the availability of all members to participate in November games in primetime," said an industry source.

"NBC was surprised, and I was surprised," said Michigan athletic director Warde Manuel. "We had not discussed, and I had not discussed with anyone in the league to change the tolerances we had agreed upon years ago."

Within the industry, though, there was an expectation that, considering the scope of the deal, all schools would play in prime time.

"The fault here is with the administrators on campus," said another industry source. "How did the presidents, chancellors and athletic directors not know this? The universities all signed off on the deal."

While this is being worked through, Ohio State, Penn State and Michigan State recently agreed to concessions to make short-term sacrifices to help the league make up for some lost revenue from the NBC deal.

Penn State will play on the road in a short week on Black Friday against Michigan State, a game that was scheduled before Penn State agreed to it. Ohio State will host Michigan State on Nov. 11, the latest-ever home night game in Ohio State history, which is viewed as another concession to help the league through this moment.

"This is what he's walking into right now," another industry source said of Petitti. "Tony is trying to save it, and what Penn State and Ohio State are doing is actually trying to minimize the losses."

The end result is that there's a trail of unhappy athletic directors seeing money disappearing from their bottom line and frustrated television executives and big-name coaches irked about the lack of transparency in details that weren't communicated to them.

The Full Story:

Actually, on his way out, Kevin Warren cost the B1G at least $65 million in regards to the TV deals.

This was reported on May 21, 2023:

Nearly three months before the season kicks off and those TV deals begin, the Big Ten does not have completed longform contracts, which include the fine print details.

Recently, schools have found out:

• They are going to have to pay back nearly $40 million to Fox because, according to sources, Warren delivered NBC the Big Ten football title game in 2026 without the full authority to do so. This all has unfolded under the complicated backdrop of the Big Ten conference not actually controlling the rights to the inventory of this latest deal -- the Big Ten Network does, which is majority owned by Fox. (More on that below.).

• They are going to have to pay $25 million total for a deal to pay Fox back for lost 2020 football game inventory. This came after an arrangement between Fox and the conference that was unable to muster the lost revenue from the COVID-19 season.

• There's tens of millions of dollars of value of the NBC primetime deal in flux, as Petitti has been racing to ensure it keeps as much of its original value as possible. Historically in the Big Ten, after the first weekend in November, schools were not required to play night games for myriad reasons -- health, recovery and campus logistics among them. These were known in league circles as "tolerances," and prior television contracts accounted for them.

Athletic departments and coaches around the Big Ten say they were surprised November night games would be part of the deal. They weren't asked for permission to play them prior to the deal or informed of the change ahead of the deal, according to sources. At the same time, NBC wasn't aware until well after the initial contract was signed this summer that these big-brand schools had historic tolerances that were part of the prior television arrangements and would resist being available.

Multiple sources told ESPN there's been pushback from a number of schools, including Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State, to play those late-November night games under the new contract. That leaves Petitti to figure out how to uphold a deal for hundreds of millions of dollars for primetime games without cooperation from some of the league's marquee teams for part of the regular season's most important month.

"These deals aren't done, and they aren't what they were represented to be from the standpoint of the NBC deal and the availability of all members to participate in November games in primetime," said an industry source.

"NBC was surprised, and I was surprised," said Michigan athletic director Warde Manuel. "We had not discussed, and I had not discussed with anyone in the league to change the tolerances we had agreed upon years ago."

Within the industry, though, there was an expectation that, considering the scope of the deal, all schools would play in prime time.

"The fault here is with the administrators on campus," said another industry source. "How did the presidents, chancellors and athletic directors not know this? The universities all signed off on the deal."

While this is being worked through, Ohio State, Penn State and Michigan State recently agreed to concessions to make short-term sacrifices to help the league make up for some lost revenue from the NBC deal.

Penn State will play on the road in a short week on Black Friday against Michigan State, a game that was scheduled before Penn State agreed to it. Ohio State will host Michigan State on Nov. 11, the latest-ever home night game in Ohio State history, which is viewed as another concession to help the league through this moment.

"This is what he's walking into right now," another industry source said of Petitti. "Tony is trying to save it, and what Penn State and Ohio State are doing is actually trying to minimize the losses."

The end result is that there's a trail of unhappy athletic directors seeing money disappearing from their bottom line and frustrated television executives and big-name coaches irked about the lack of transparency in details that weren't communicated to them.

The Full Story:

The Bears and Kevin Warren are a perfect match. Both incompetent at their jobs.

I got in line around 5:30. Never thought I’d do that but there I was, right after turning the clock forward no less. 🤣 We ended up with good seats but it was such a cluster. Someone said it was like the hunger games which it kinda was. You start to form alliances with people in line next to you and game plan what section people are running to. Then you save seats for each other and decide which ones are the best among you. Exhausting but worth it with a victory. Not too impressed with the Big Ten or Target Center after this trip though.

I got in line around 5:30. Never thought I’d do that but there I was, right after turning the clock forward no less. 🤣 We ended up with good seats but it was such a cluster. Someone said it was like the hunger games which it kinda was. You start to form alliances with people in line next to you and game plan what section people are running to. Then you save seats for each other and decide which ones are the best among you. Exhausting but worth it with a victory. Not too impressed with the Big Ten or Target Center after this trip though.
We did the exact same thing. Two groups on either end of the court, best seats won.

Now that all the fun is over, has anyone found a way to complain to the Big Ten?

I did a very amateur search but came up empty.

I would like to be able to voice my frustrations for wasting 4 hours a day for 3 straight days due to their ineptness.

Now that all the fun is over, has anyone found a way to complain to the Big Ten?

I did a very amateur search but came up empty.

I would like to be able to voice my frustrations for wasting 4 hours a day for 3 straight days due to their ineptness.
I would love to as well. It’s not like they didn’t see this coming 🙄

Reactions: Franisdaman
Championship Sunday. Parked at 8:50. Jumped in the end of the line. Got aisle seat behind the basket 6 rows up in the 2nd deck. Electric environment and an emotional rollercoaster!!

If not for young kids.... MAYBE I would have gotten in line at 5:30.

On one hand the General Admission sucks, because it creates the hunger games for finding seats. But on the other hand 3 tickets for $125 (after fees). For 3 Iowa women's basketball championship weekend. An absolute BARGAIN.

I'll die on the hill that the real issue was in the 1st Iowa game....having to empty the stadium and then open the doors with just 60mins before tip... With over 75% of a sold out stadium just rushing to whatever seats they could find.... Was a real problem

The blame goes 100% to the B1G. This is an NBA arena. If everyone had been issued assigned seats, there would have been ZERO issues. The Wolves have been selling out their games because they are having a very good season and there are NO ISSUES getting fans to their seats. And why is that? The Wolves fans have assigned seats and they don't have to worry about showing up to the arena more than an hour before tip.

The Target Center workers were doing the best they could with them having to deal with first come, first serve seats.

No way in hell people should have to be lining up 9 hours before tip off.

No way in hell there should have been lines forming that were several blocks long.

Again, F the B1G for making such a horrible decision on ticketing this event.

I'll die on the hill that the real issue was in the 1st Iowa game....having to empty the stadium and then open the doors with just 60mins before tip... With over 75% of a sold out stadium just rushing to whatever seats they could find.... Was a real problem

unfortunately the Target Center was following what the B1G wanted

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT