ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten ticket question

Old_wrestling_fan

HR Legend
Mar 2, 2009
Iowa City
I recently bought three "All Session" tickets to the B10 meet this weekend online. (I have not yet received the tickets via mail.) The sessions listed are as follows: Session 1 - 10:00A, 3/5, Session 2 - 6:00P, 3/5, and then Session 3 - 12:00P, 3/6. As far as I knew, those were the only three sessions.

So I assumed that the finals would be part of Session #3 on Sunday afternoon. Today though, I saw a chart on the official B10 website for the event that listed all of the above three sessions AND an apparent fourth entry, "Finals, 3:00P". My tickets make no reference to a separate, fourth, session for the finals later Sunday afternoon. Please tell me that all session tickets are actually all session...not three sessions and then I don't have finals tickets!

I cannot seem locate anything definitive on the "official" website. Help? :(

1 ticket covers both sessions on Sunday. Session 3 is short and they don't clear the arena.

The way it's worked in the past, is that technically the finals are part of session 3.

After the consolation semifinals and the 7th/8th place matches at the beginning of session 3, there's usually about an hour break before the finals (and 3rd/4th and 5th/6th place matches) begin, but it's all considered session 3 still.

I believe since it's all considered one session, teams get penalized a team point for wearing their "finals" singlets if not every wrestler for that team wore the same singlet in each match during the session, but I could be wrong on that part.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT