ADVERTISEMENT

Big Weekend

Indiana just literally got a commitment from his best friend. Also in the 19 class. Its pretty obvious where TJD is going. Dont get me wrong, Iowa should be good the next few years. You guys will get some talent. But trying to recruit in Indiana against Archie Miller is becoming about impossible.
Really, how many guys can he sign every year? o_O Kinda depends on the situation at the time, don't you think?........

Reactions: Sheahawk
What i don't find amusing if the fact that you are still alive and come to this site even though you've been banned no less than 6 times because like in real life, everyone on this site hates you.
Tell me what could have possibly come out on a board like this that would warrant this kind of response?

Wow, I read this board once a month to get a recruiting fix and like clockwork Legend is making some childish comment.

I picture Legend as the guy at work who challenges his coworkers to a fight when something doesn’t go his way. He doesn’t understand the rest of us grew up and stopped acting like middle schoolers. Not Legend though, he is still the middle school bully on the playground telling people, “Everyone hates you!!”

Man you sound stupid Legend. Grow up!

Really, how many guys can he sign every year? o_O Kinda depends on the situation at the time, don't you think?........

Just because Crean is gone doesn’t mean they can’t still Crean. Over signing is a way of life in Bloomington.

IU has a bunch of young, highly ranked forwards that would be direct competition for TJD. If Cook leaves as he plans to, then that leaves a spot for TJD from day one...

Reactions: hooper56
It would be fantastic to have a couple of commitments come from this weekend's visitors! Toussaint, Foster, Jackson-Davis & PMac are a great group of players. Just having them on campus together for official visits is Frantastic!

This is probably the highest rated group to ever visit at one time. Or would there have been more higher rated groups in the last 10 years??

The lowest rated player is still ranked in the top 25 for PGs in the country (per 247). And has about 20 offers. Not too shabby! Reel him in Fran!
DmmgzR7U0AATN46.jpg

Xavier Foster, Trayce Jackson-Davis, Patrick McCaffery & Joe Toussaint

Some really silly comments by a lot of different fans here.

1. Conventional wisdom would say he's Indiana bound.
2. Conventional wisdom doesn't always apply.

As it stands right now, history is not on Iowa's side in terms of McCaffery landing a 5-star caliber player. However, if the kid has some type of visceral feeling towards the coaches and players and wants a change of scenery, it's possible he picks a different school than Indiana. Some kids thrive off of doing unconventional things. While unlikely, it's still possible Davis could choose Iowa in the end. It certainly seems like he's at the very least flirting with the idea. You never know.

If Iowa has an exciting year and Davis can picture himself being the main cog to make a deep run in March...stranger things have happened.

.an does Patrick look young, he also looks like Frosh in HS while the 2 big guys look like they are college ready

Maybe TJD is sporting his "poker face"....... but he sure doesn't appear all juiced up to be there.....

McHoop
Every picture of Trayce Jackson-Davis looks like he's getting teeth pulled. Looks tired, bored and like he really doesn't want to be here.

Reactions: hawkfan1963
Or maybe he is a good poker player. Now follow me here. He secretly likes Iowa, but doesn't want all of the Indiana coaches and fans harassing him if he acts like he's having a good time at Iowa and wants to be a part of Iowa's bright future.;););););)

Or maybe he is a good poker player. Now follow me here. He secretly likes Iowa, but doesn't want all of the Indiana coaches and fans harassing him if he acts like he's having a good time at Iowa and wants to be a part of Iowa's bright future.;););););)

Yeah, that, or he is like me and hates posing for pictures.

Or, he really was not having a good time.

I just hope we don't miss a really good player if it becomes a first to commit situation. Back when Lute was coach we landed Johnny Fort, when IIRC Tim McCalister was also really interested. McCalister went on to score 2200+ points at Okla State, and would have made a much bigger impact as a Hawkeye than Fort ever did.

Well that is a fun fact---I'm glad I didn't know this until approximately 36 years later. Reminds me of Lute losing out on Isaiah Thomas and Cummings out of Chicago---what might have been for Lute and Iowa fans.

I remember thinking Johnny Fort would be a stud but Lute left town and Fort ended up being a bum. Lute left the cupboard bare for Raveling. Then the one wonder-year with Tom Davis in 87 with Raveling's recruits and since then nothing approaching that 87 team. It has been about 40 years since our last regular season B1G title, which was shared.

Maybe Touissant changes Fran's fortunes. Some thrills, but too many late season collapses.

Tray Jackson, a 4-star power forward has become the first member of the 2019 gopher recruiting class.

I had to do a double take because for a second I thought we lost are target to the Gophers. LOL

Well that is a fun fact---I'm glad I didn't know this until approximately 36 years later. Reminds me of Lute losing out on Isaiah Thomas and Cummings out of Chicago---what might have been for Lute and Iowa fans.

I remember thinking Johnny Fort would be a stud but Lute left town and Fort ended up being a bum. Lute left the cupboard bare for Raveling. Then the one wonder-year with Tom Davis in 87 with Raveling's recruits and since then nothing approaching that 87 team. It has been about 40 years since our last regular season B1G title, which was shared.

Maybe Touissant changes Fran's fortunes. Some thrills, but too many late season collapses.
Lute left Raveling with a preseason top 10 team (Stokes, Payne, Carfino, Lohaus, Banks...). Other than recruiting, George just couldn't coach. Had Lute stayed, I am confident that Iowa would have been MUCH more successful during that time, and Stokes, in particular, would have been drafted much higher in the NBA draft. I still don't know how Michael Payne regressed from his freshman year...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT