ADVERTISEMENT

Blake Simons

CAHawk93

Team MVP
Dec 5, 2014
Blake Simons (TE) will be joining the Hawks as a preferred walkon. He has great size (6'6") and his hudl looked pretty decent. Is he someone we should be keeping an eye on? He has a body type similar to CJF. Do you think he is going to stay at TE or move to a different position?

I think the kid looks really good. I know he doesn't play against stiff competition, but the catches he made in the video were tough no matter who you play against. I thought he looked impressive in the video.

He has great hands, good awareness, and is athletic. Definitely think his future lies on the offensive side of the ball. I believe he should have gotten a scholarship offer over Jansen and Wilson.

Simons may be someone to look out for in the future. There's just something about him that makes me think he could develop in to a special TE for Iowa.

Fantastic athlete, and has been said I believe he sticks at TE. He has a great frame for it. He is going to be real good, I can guarantee it. One of those types of guys where you wonder why he didn't get a scholly out of high school. But he's a smart, hardworking kid who knows what he is capable of.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Well, that was interesting. Googled that name and a row of pictures popped up. Several people with the same name, I suppose, but one picture I hope wasn't our guy. Forgot some of his clothes.

This post was edited on 2/2 7:34 PM by IamHawkeye

Looks like a steal. I'm sure he is still growing into his body as well so a lot of upside for strength, speed and explosion.

TE's like OL are hard to judge, who knows with this kid, these are the type you try to get to walk on, if they turn out great then you give them a scholarship in year 2 or 3 if not he stays a walk on.

I was in Hartley last week as my son lives there. Spent a couple hours in the local coffee shop. The guys I was sitting with all were very high on the Simons boy saying he had high character and great hands. I think we got a good one.

Originally posted by ISUhawk:
I was in Hartley last week as my son lives there. Spent a couple hours in the local coffee shop. The guys I was sitting with all were very high on the Simons boy saying he had high character and great hands. I think we got a good one.
May Bs?

With the recruiting class that Iowa has had this year, I am glad that they've quietly been putting together another very solid walk-on class. They've added a few in the last week that look like they'll be contributors.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT