ADVERTISEMENT

Block to compete in Super 32

Todd Conner

HR MVP
Dec 23, 2004

It is great to be an Iowa Wrestling fan.

Go Hawks!

Bummer that Jesuroga and Arnold aren't going. Still plenty of Iowa wrestlers to follow:

Pearson, Knight, Ayala, Peterson, Freeman, Magayna, Naak, Walrath, Ross, Thiry

I am looking forward to seeing how Magayna looks against some of the nation's best and watching Ross compete with the upperclassmen.

Lightweight brackets are loaded, perfect opportunity to move up the rankings with a good showing from the little guys.

Bummer that Jesuroga and Arnold aren't going. Still plenty of Iowa wrestlers to follow:

I am looking forward to seeing how Magayna looks against some of the nation's best and watching Ross compete with the upperclassmen.

Lightweight brackets are loaded, perfect opportunity to move up the rankings with a good showing from the little guys.
Don’t forget Iowa commit Keyan Hernandez @ 113.

I agree, lightweight brackets are stacked and the heavier brackets not so much during football season. Naak beat Magayna bad at the Donnybrook last year but I could see both placing. All those upper weight guys should probably place.

Reactions: el dub

Can't wait to see Ross.

Couple of Iowa guys will be moving up in weight . And one won't be competing. Should get brackets later tonight

Reactions: el dub
The quicker Iowa can get a verbal from that kid the better. Really want him. Super 32 will be a good test to see where he’s at physically. I’d assume he’s one of the youngest kids there.
He's also playing football so I don't think he will be in wrestling shape.

Reactions: BGon4ND
Iowa having a rough time in Greensboro so far. Of the 19 kids @ 106-132, only 2 remain in the winner’s brackets after Rd of 64.

Pearson at 106 is the only kid left in the tournament from 106-132 and he’s on the backside, a couple wins from placing still. Nate Jesuroga a guy on the front if he would have made it but like Reymundo said, pretty brutal.

Ross out in the first round. He was up 3-2 with 11 seconds left and for some reason got super aggressive offensively and lost his position. Ends up losing 4-3. Unless the score was wrong mat side and it was actually 3-3 with 11 seconds left. Either way, kind of a desperation shot that was not well set up.

On a positive note he was in on shots the whole match. He had a single leg that went off the mat and double that finished off the mat in the first period.

Ross took some injury time at the end of the first and into the second. Hard to say what it was. Looked like a lower left leg injury, maybe a knee. The match finished so I’m not sure how serious it was.

Ross out in the first round. He was up 3-2 with 11 seconds left and for some reason got super aggressive offensively and lost his position. Ends up losing 4-3. Unless the score was wrong mat side and it was actually 3-3 with 11 seconds left. Either way, kind of a desperation shot that was not well set up.

On a positive note he was in on shots the whole match. He had a single leg that went off the mat and double that finished off the mat in the first period.

Ross took some injury time at the end of the first and into the second. Hard to say what it was. Looked like a lower left leg injury, maybe a knee. The match finished so I’m not sure how serious it was.
He was the #6 seed and the #5 lost as well Novak so they wrestle 1st round of consi

Reactions: HawkFan1986
Not worried about him a bit. If he had trained for this I have ZERO doubt he be in the podium at the very minimum. Kid is living his life, as well he should be.
He's extremely talented but has always been the man in the man vs. boys situation. As a freshman wrestling at such a bigger weight, when he goes up against the best of the best he's going to have his hands full against the older guys. He's already beast....., give him another year to physically mature and no one will be touching him

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT