ADVERTISEMENT

Boards are sluggish!

JerseyCityHawki

HR All-American
Oct 28, 2019
Hackensack, New Jersey
It’s so hard to be cheery about this “maybe football season” I want to talk more X’s and O’s But I or “we” maybe wasting our time .. I just pray that some sort of football is played even if it means no fans in the stadium (that would be weird hearing the players talk trash and the hits being heard but missing out on a roaring kinnick stadium is going to suck...

Baseball is having a rough time. As the days progress, the inevitable is in sight

So far the only way it seems possible to play sports is in some sort of bubble. 0 positive tests in the NBA and NHL.

Would be cool to see college basketball go to some sort of conference bubble and then a national tournament bubble. Lots of moving pieces to try and get that done though.

NWSL (women's soccer) finished their tournament with zero positive tests the entire time.

MLS is in the semi finals. After a rough start (losing 2 teams entering bubble) they have had zero positives.

The bubble works but it seems like it's an impossible task for college sports.

It’s so hard to be cheery about this “maybe football season” I want to talk more X’s and O’s But I or “we” maybe wasting our time .. I just pray that some sort of football is played even if it means no fans in the stadium (that would be weird hearing the players talk trash and the hits being heard but missing out on a roaring kinnick stadium is going to suck...

How's JC today in this weather? Down here in Mt. Laurel, where I work, trees are sideways from the wind and rain hasn't stopped for a few hours. Heard a tornado dropped in Cape May this morning.

So far the only way it seems possible to play sports is in some sort of bubble. 0 positive tests in the NBA and NHL.

Would be cool to see college basketball go to some sort of conference bubble and then a national tournament bubble. Lots of moving pieces to try and get that done though.
Or just play everything in Montana. Plenty of space and very few cases.

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
One way or the other I still believe the B1G is going to play. Yes, it will take a lot of tweeking but they will play.
how do you think they get the 10 games in ? try to create bubbles on each campus, taking online classes only and no fans in the stands?

I am just curious in yours and others' opinions.

Can a season realistically be played? If so, what will it take?

How's JC today in this weather? Down here in Mt. Laurel, where I work, trees are sideways from the wind and rain hasn't stopped for a few hours. Heard a tornado dropped in Cape May this morning.

Wow, just sunny and beautiful! Not heavy rain and rain and more rain! How’s Mt Laurel? I envy you as you got the quicks to get over to Philly ... I wish I would of took the job out of college in Mt Laurel or near by.. are you guys getting slammed pretty hard as well? Stay safe my fellow NJisian...

I don’t think its just football. I think there will be outbreaks at colleges across the nation during the season and shut schools down again.

Wow, just sunny and beautiful! Not heavy rain and rain and more rain! How’s Mt Laurel? I envy you as you got the quicks to get over to Philly ... I wish I would of took the job out of college in Mt Laurel or near by.. are you guys getting slammed pretty hard as well? Stay safe my fellow NJisian...

Crazy rain & wind from 10-2 then sunny blue skies.. Just what you would expect in 2020.

I still don't understand all of the hand-wringing on this. I have had it, my family has had it. For 99.95 percent of the people that get it.....it is not a big deal. Yes if you are old be very, very afraid and some college athletes might get it and be impacted. But the overreaction and the fear attached to this are outrageous and baffling.

Exactly.
For most people, and I mean most, it's just a flu type deal. I had it on March 1st, and yes, it sucked, but I'm 54 and and thought I had the flu. I stayed home for a week.
Got better, and went back to work.
Let's move on and take the politics out of this stupid pandemic!

how do you think they get the 10 games in ? try to create bubbles on each campus, taking online classes only and no fans in the stands?

I am just curious in yours and others' opinions.

Can a season realistically be played? If so, what will it take?
I don't think we will go the bubble route but it could happen. I think all the players will be tested at least twice a day. Anyone found to be positive will be immediately quarantined and those they were in contact with. Masks and gloves will be worn in practice and on the field. Social distancing will be enforced on the sidelines. And, I think the B1G is gambling on a vaccine be available sooner than later. There is a money motivation here. I believe the B1G has a $50+ million contract on the line for this season. Not saying the money should be a deciding factor but it is playing a part in the decision making. Of course, the conference could take every precaution there is and still have everything go to heck in a hand basket. Hope for the best but plan for the worst. Almost forgot, at least in the early going, I don't think there will be fans allowed in the stadium.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT