ADVERTISEMENT

Both Cade and Sullivan should play Saturday.

83Hawk

HB Legend
Sep 17, 2002
Cade the first half, Sully the second. Best QB starts against Minnesota. Why not?

Naturally there will be posters on here who will say “Cade needs the reps.” And Kirk even admits he isn’t in game shape…which is obvious. But….how long will that take? He is not seeing the field, making mental mistakes, and his mechanics are screwed up. These don’t get fixed overnight. When will he be “in game shape”? October? November? Never? My fear is Kirk will continue to go with him no matter what, and he will fritter the season away, or he will wait until it’s too late to make a change.

There is an above average chance Sullivan will be needed due to a Cade injury or lousy play. He needs to be given game reps NOW, in a game Iowa is almost certain to win, so that he isn’t thrown to the wolves when the time comes. And if he outplays Cade….then he should be the starter.

But it won’t happen. It’s Cade no matter what.

If you don't see Sully play Sat you know how the rest of the year will play out. If non-injury to Cade or a non-blowout, you know it's still somewhat of a competition.

Cade the first half, Sully the second. Best QB starts against Minnesota. Why not?

Naturally there will be posters on here who will say “Cade needs the reps.” And Kirk even admits he isn’t in game shape…which is obvious. But….how long will that take? He is not seeing the field, making mental mistakes, and his mechanics are screwed up. These don’t get fixed overnight. When will he be “in game shape”? October? November? Never? My fear is Kirk will continue to go with him no matter what, and he will fritter the season away, or he will wait until it’s too late to make a change.

There is an above average chance Sullivan will be needed due to a Cade injury or lousy play. He needs to be given game reps NOW, in a game Iowa is almost certain to win, so that he isn’t thrown to the wolves when the time comes. And if he outplays Cade….then he should be the starter.

Cade got 2 full games worth of reps. It hasn't helped him at all. This is just who he is at this point.

I'd like to see Cade start the game and Sully start the second quarter. The same rotation could continue in the second half, or if Sully clearly plays better, he starts the third quarter and then, hopefully, Marco can get some mop-up reps in the latter part of the fourth quarter.

I like Cade. Glad the coach tapped into his SEC-side to get him. Sullivan seems more mobile. But will the coach allow him to use his legs? I mean KF does prefer statues over DT QBs.
I'm hoping the offense gels and Cade can realize what he once was. He may be our best option. If he goes down, no Deacon Hill to rescue us.
Is that a good thing or a bad thing?:cool:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT