ADVERTISEMENT

Brad Heinrichs(SWARM CEO) is answering questions in this thread. Proctor got $0 from Normal Iowa Fans. “He hadn’t gotten very much yet” from SWARM INC

We can't have cake and eat it too.

The wealthier alumni players (more of them obviously in football than basketball) so far haven't donated-or at least haven't announced-donations to Swarm, which irks some fans.
The impoverished fans say they can't afford to donate even if they wanted to.
Others say they already contribute to the cause indirectly by apparel, &/or tickets, etc.
Many more affluent Iowa fans can afford to contribute, but object to the Collective idea on principle of a "broken system" or more deserving causes.

The NIL stats I previously posted demonstrate that schools with a larger alumni base are already at an inherent advantage wrt Collectives due to the sheer larger # of potential donors. [So a school like Indiana with roughly 66% more undergraduates vs Iowa has a more robust NIL system going on now from what I can tell].

Yes, the developmental approach allows Iowa to overachieve relatively in football, but it will only to a point. Yes, the recent Texas A&M saga shows that money alone can't always "buy" a successful program.

However, listening to KF's very clear statement today, even developmental Iowa has a routine targeted important need for collective-funded player retention &/or portal additions.

It appears there is a tipping point upcoming very soon for Iowa. Some will kick-back and watch the boat sink..the message boards will still be here either way for that population.

Life as an Iowa fan is still reasonably good for football. It still brings joy several times a year, and (at the very least) year-round diversion to fans from their "real-life". Discussing the soap opera of sorts brings in thousands of views on these message board threads--even in the off-season.

Until a national system overhaul occurs, improved collective funding (by _whatever means possible) is clearly essential just to maintain Iowa's current performance in upcoming years. Don't listen to me, listen to Kirk.

Reactions: Rocket_Fran

The wealthier alumni players (more of them obviously in football than basketball) so far haven't donated-or at least haven't announced-donations to Swarm, which irks some fans.
Others say they already contribute to the cause indirectly by apparel, &/or tickets, etc.
Many more affluent Iowa fans can afford to contribute, but object to the Collective idea on principle of a "broken system" or more deserving causes.

The NIL stats I previously posted demonstrate that schools with a larger alumni base are already at an inherent advantage wrt Collectives due to the sheer larger # of potential donors. [So a school like Indiana with roughly 66% more undergraduates vs Iowa has a more robust NIL system going on now from what I can tell].

Yes, the developmental approach allows Iowa to overachieve relatively in football, but it will only to a point. Yes, the recent Texas A&M saga shows that money alone can't always "buy" a successful program.

However, listening to KF's very clear statement today, even developmental Iowa has a routine targeted important need for collective-funded player retention &/or portal additions.

It appears there is a tipping point upcoming very soon for Iowa. Some will kick-back and watch the boat sink..the message boards will still be here either way for that population.

Life as an Iowa fan is still reasonably good for football. It still brings joy several times a year, and (at the very least) year-round diversion to fans from their "real-life". Discussing the soap opera of sorts brings in thousands of views on these message board threads--even in the off-season.

Until a national system overhaul occurs, improved collective funding (by _whatever means possible) is clearly essential just to maintain Iowa's current performance in upcoming years. Don't listen to me, listen to Kirk.
Former players never got NIL so they won’t donate. I believe Chad Greenway was contacted about his vodka brand partnering with Swarm and he never responded.

I do not know the man, but I can tell he serves on the board based upon the info on the Swarm website.
If he's not giving on his own -- and soliciting other donations from his own network -- the Swarm is mishandling its board.

I previously worked for a non-profit. Each board member was required to submit a "give/get" form each year, in which they pledged to give a certain amount, and get a certain amount from their company/network/friends/family. There were no required amounts, and it was different for each board member, but there was an expectation to do at least something.

If the Swarm is not doing something similar with its board, they are missing a fundraising opportunity.

he got 15% of the total from Corp
Hopefully the bridge is officially burnt and there won't be a 3rd "commitment."

For that $100k that seemingly would have gone to Proctor, will it be distributed to current roster players, a new recruit, or a combination of the two?

Thanks again for the effort you're putting into The Swarm, Brad.

For that $100k that seemingly would have gone to Proctor, will it be distributed to current roster players, a new recruit, or a combination of the two?

There is no way Kirk will ever let this manchild burn him again.

So here’s a question. What if I wanted to give money to help bring players to Iowa, but I don’t want my money to go into the pool that provides the equal stipends that all participating student-athletes get in return for their charity work? My understanding is that this is what the non-profit, collective arm of Swarm does.

Instead, I want to support Swarm Inc, the corporate side of Swarm that connects endorsement deals to specific athletes. Like the deal KP was set to get, or the deals that have been set up to help retain some of our better football players. Is there a way for me to support that?

TBH, and to be fair, I don’t see myself ever joining Swarm as a paid member either way. But if I ever did, I would much rather give money to help Iowa attract/retain a few star players with personalized marketing deals than give money to help provide a stipend to the fourth-string defensive end in exchange for reading books to school kids.

So here’s a question. What if I wanted to give money to help bring players to Iowa, but I don’t want my money to go into the pool that provides the equal stipends that all participating student-athletes get in return for their charity work? My understanding is that this is what the non-profit, collective arm of Swarm does.

Instead, I want to support Swarm Inc, the corporate side of Swarm that connects endorsement deals to specific athletes. Like the deal KP was set to get, or the deals that have been set up to help retain some of our better football players. Is there a way for me to support that?

TBH, and to be fair, I don’t see myself ever joining Swarm as a paid member either way. But if I ever did, I would much rather give money to help Iowa attract/retain a few star players with personalized marketing deals than give money to help provide a stipend to the fourth-string defensive end in exchange for reading books to school kids.

Why not just ask Swarm directly to get an answer?

I have confirmed with the corporate sponsor that they are okay using the “Proctor money” on a different player.

What Brent Blum posted over on CyFan in terms of what their collective has done and their goal for this year.

FYI to jump in here. Our budget for We Will for all sports this year was a little under $2 million (money spent July 1, 2023-June 30, 2024). Our goal for next year is more than double that to remain competitive and thanks to Cyclone Nation we are tracking to meet that goal. Where that puts us relative to our peers is hard to know but we are in a much more competitive place and I hope you all know we value your support. We can always use more.

Imagine if Brad had not stepped up....

GMBR40hXgAEQgMJ

Reactions: Rchawkeyes

Wonder if Ted contributes? He's a billionaire Hawkeye fan.

https://lectures.uiowa.edu/lectures/ted-waite

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT