ADVERTISEMENT

Brad Heinrichs(SWARM CEO) is answering questions in this thread. Proctor got $0 from Normal Iowa Fans. “He hadn’t gotten very much yet” from SWARM INC

Such a clown. He’ll be slinging fries at McDonalds in a few years.
I get the angst, but wishing it won't make it so. We live in a world where so many work hard every day just to get by, and to exist, and try to have a future. Yet we pay athletes, (many who have made ZERO effort to educate themselves) 10's of MILLIONS of dollars per year. Many of these players might just as well set the money on fire for all the real good it does anyone. Somewhere along the line we have veered horribly off the path of common sense, and what should be valued. Man has always been his own worst enemy.

Last edited:
Answers to some questions:

1). We need 10,000 members for the Collective. We are about 30% of the way there.

2). KP didn’t get any of the money donated by our Collective members, because he didn’t do anything to deserve it. The kids get paid to attend events for charity or deliver meals on wheels, for example.

3). KP did receive about 15% of the allotted money from one of our corporate sponsors, but that is all.

So he didn’t rob the store and jet out of town. I’m no less upset about the situation, but we have contracts set up to protect the money you donate, and I will forever try to be a good steward of your hard-earned money.

As always, Go Hawks!!
I appreciate everything you've done to get NIL started here. Very thankful because this is a pretty thankless job sometimes. I'm also extremely glad KP didn't get any money from the members of the collective. It makes me want to donate again.

However, aren't you worried about the corporate sponsors after this fiasco? Hypothetically, lets say the total allotted money to KP was going to be $750,000. If he did get paid 15% of that for endorsements and such then he pocketed over $100,000 for spending about 2 months in Iowa City, shooting a commercial and doing social media or whaterver and didn't attend a practice, didn't play a down. Nothing. And in return the companies that chose to have this guy as their face are completely embarrassed. Isn't that concerning? These are the big fish we need to compete and they just threw away a lot of money to have this guy make them look bad.

Again, thanks, but that part of the NIL needs to be figured out. The big fish need to stay as well.

Well the big question is why he left Iowa. Was he not promised a starting position which would be so Kirk? Did someone else piss him off? Maybe he didnt like the vibe in the weight room and during workouts?

Anyone know the real reason he left? His mom?
My bet is more $$$ to go back to Alabama.

Reactions: pink shizzle
What happens if we get 10,000 members?
What happens if we don't get 10,000 members?

I appreciate everything you've done to get NIL started here. Very thankful because this is a pretty thankless job sometimes. I'm also extremely glad KP didn't get any money from the members of the collective. It makes me want to donate again.

However, aren't you worried about the corporate sponsors after this fiasco? Hypothetically, lets say the total allotted money to KP was going to be $750,000. If he did get paid 15% of that for endorsements and such then he pocketed over $100,000 for spending about 2 months in Iowa City, shooting a commercial and doing social media or whaterver and didn't attend a practice, didn't play a down. Nothing. And in return the companies that chose to have this guy as their face are completely embarrassed. Isn't that concerning? These are the big fish we need to compete and they just threw away a lot of money to have this guy make them look bad.

Again, thanks, but that part of the NIL needs to be figured out. The big fish need to stay as well.
Well, you might think that any business person would be smart enough to require these players to sign a basic contract or stipulated agreement whereby they would be prevented from "stealing" money the way KP has. If you take the money and run, you must pay it back, with interest, in a specified time, or you're subject to being sued.

If the business people didn't do that, then they made a huge mistake, especially with this guy, given his track record. But it should be SOP for anyone.

I know no one cares about academics, but I'm curious how you transfer in the middle of a semester; too much of the semester has passed to be able to drop classes.

Not that he likely gives a rats ass about a degree but you can't just an incomplete this late in the semester can you?

Reactions: RicoSuave102954
You could do a complete withdrawl, but usually that is for medical reasons or something. I don't think there is as much scrutiny on that as maybe there used to be, especially post-covid.

Sucks for one of the walk-ons who is incurring $8-10 grand in debt this semester who might not have needed to otherwise.

FWIW, we still don’t know the amount, unless it’s been reported elsewhere. All we’ve been told is “not very much” and “15%.” That doesn’t tell us anything. 15% of what?

You have to be realistic here. There will be NDAs/Confidentiality agreements in play. I very much doubt that @Tx_Hawk - even if he wanted to - disclose the levels of compensation for whatever work performed by Proctor on behalf of a corporate sponsor.

I know no one cares about academics, but I'm curious how you transfer in the middle of a semester; too much of the semester has passed to be able to drop classes.

Not that he likely gives a rats ass about a degree but you can't just an incomplete this late in the semester can you?

So I actually had to look this up, last drop day without professor approval is 04/15. So you can basically take 80-90% of class now and if it's not going well drop really late and not have it hurt you.

Now, if you went to Iowa a decade or more ago, you would remember drop dates being usually slightly before spring break in March. Just another sign of failing to prepare our youth.

Fran, your kids are posting too much twitter sh*t here again. Tell them to knock it off.

So I actually had to look this up, last drop day without professor approval is 04/15. So you can basically take 80-90% of class now and if it's not going well drop really late and not have it hurt you.

Now, if you went to Iowa a decade or more ago, you would remember drop dates being usually slightly before spring break in March. Just another sign of failing to prepare our youth.

That's crazy. It's been 25 years so I couldn't recall but I thought we were well past drop date.

Thanks for the info.

1). We need 10,000 members for the Collective. We are about 30% of the way there.

2). KP didn’t get any of the money donated by our Collective members, because he didn’t do anything to deserve it. The kids get paid to attend events for charity or deliver meals on wheels, for example.

3). KP did receive about 15% of the allotted money from one of our corporate sponsors, but that is all.

So he didn’t rob the store and jet out of town. I’m no less upset about the situation, but we have contracts set up to protect the money you donate, and I will forever try to be a good steward of your hard-earned money.

As always, Go Hawks!!
"We have contracts set up..."

That isn't NIL. That's Pay for Play. Period.

The University of Iowa receives around $100 million from B1G Network annually. Use that money instead of asking fans for their hard earned cash.

Sorry, Brad.
I could win the Powerball but I'll never donate to pay kids who get $100,000+ in scholarship money. John Q College Student doesn't have a platform. He has a job at Chipolte to pay the bills.

"We have contracts set up..."

That isn't NIL. That's Pay for Play. Period.

The University of Iowa receives around $100 million from B1G Network annually. Use that money instead of asking fans for their hard earned cash.

Sorry, Brad.
I could win the Powerball but I'll never donate to pay kids who get $100,000+ in scholarship money. John Q College Student doesn't have a platform. He has a job at Chipolte to pay the bills.
This is kind of what I’ve been saying. As a parent of two young adults with significant college debt, it’s absurd to me to think that I should have to donate money so that other college kids — who are already going to college for free — can have a higher standard of living than I do.

Besides that, we’ve learned today that the money “normal” fans donate is simply used to provide the standard ration that all players get for doing their public service work. It’s not being used to reel in top-level recruits.

Honesty, I don't think KF would have accepted his commitment unless he was FULLY convinced that Proctor was 100% committed to being a Hawkeye.

There's something very wrong with Proctor. You don't do this crap twice.
He probably did this to get a big raise out of bama's nil. Just like when a coach let's it be known he went on an interview and the AD opens up the schools check book.

They paid for an apartment for him that was left out. And he def got money up front.

This is just money shifting. Any way you slice it Iowa got left out to dry.
Apartment is small potatoes. That is done at the high school level to give kids residency while their parents stay in their normal residence out of the school district.

Does any of it really matter? If people are so upset they thought he took the money and left then stop donating to these guys that only want more money.
Men’s College sports have gone to crap
Sorry to those that do but anyone who donates their hard earned money to kids to play sports at your favorite school is a sucker. College football and basketball went to crap really fast. I hope to see a less than half filled Kinnick before I die. It’s highly unlikely but it would be nice to see fans make the point about how gross all this is.

I'd like for him to get what Iowa fans currently want to give him.
He's getting plenty of that, I'm sure. Here's to you, Kaydon.

middle-finger.jpeg

Proctor last night, on March 19:

GJEg3VGXMAAOI9l

I know I'm old but I can't even begin to understand the thinking behind this stuff. Loyalty is such an underrated quality and so hard to find. I was bothered when he went to Bama after committing but whatever. I'm much more frustrated by him coming back (already shady but it's Bama so who cares) and then leaving before playing a down.

I love college football. That and international soccer are my two favorite things to watch. College football is becoming a lot less fun. As corrupt and crappy as FIFA is for soccer you can only change nationalities one time. Not every other month.

Thank you for all you do Brad.

IMO, I would like to see you implement a more creative system for distributing NIL funds. Before NIL, after NIL, we all know that Iowa cannot compete with some of the larger, deep-pocketed schools. So to be successful, maybe think outside of the box.

What I am suggesting is making NIL funds more back-loaded, almost like a pension. There would be options on how the athlete would like to receive the funds, either by cashing out at the end of their career here or leaving it in a fund that would disperse later in life (with interest of course). The amount of funding would depend heavily on performance and loyalty factors, and in the case of football on playing in bowl games. The scale would be sliding to exponentially reward the players that stay 4 years vs. those that stay 3 or 2. The players would get a small monthly stipend for "spending money" though.

What I think this does is rewards the players that invest in the program, which are exactly the players that the Swarm members want to support anyway. We will never consistently get the athletes that just want a "bag", but honestly, I don't think we want those players anyway. We have seen this with other programs not work out way more than working out and on top of that, more often there is a ton of baggage that comes with it that makes it so not worth it.

Now in the very rare case that we have a Caitlin Clark type player, this system does not hinder the earning potential at all of that player. They are free to negotiate with the Gatorade's and State Farm's of the world, but its such a rare occurrence it is not worth worrying about (in the last 40 years how many players at Iowa could have taken advantage of something like that?)

Just an idea.
Caitlin does not and never has taken Swarm money

As always, Go Hawks!!

How much do you need the 10k to donate?

There are MUCH more than 10k Iowa alumni that would not lose sleep on contributing 20$ dollars a month for improved fall football entertainment. You spend several hours an afternoon watching the game..what is your time worth after all?

I appreciate what Brad is doing, and obviously don't know the ongoing details of the Swarm marketing strategy.
That said, and not an implied insult to Brad/Swarm, having around 3k total members at this point is borderline disgraceful imo (given the national body of 100's of thousands of Iowa fans).

I would like to know if (and how) Swarm is targeting professional school alumni (mainly those living out of state) that still enjoy watching the games and want to see their alma mater win. If that population is not being specifically targeted, i think it should be.

I would like to know if (and how) Swarm is targeting professional school alumni (mainly those living out of state) that still enjoy watching the games and want to see their alma mater win. If that population is not being specifically targeted, i think it should be.

I am in this group. Tippie grad out of state. I don’t recall receiving any marketing from Swarm, but I highly doubt the school is allowed to share my contact info with them. My wife and I donate to Tippie and a couple UIHC-related funds annually. I’m not kidding when I say, Brad could show up on my doorstep, get down on his knees and beg, and we would not donate to Swarm.

It’s simply a ridiculous concept when much more impactful funds need help more. I have a feeling it’s ridiculous to *most* high earning alumni but obviously can’t prove that.

Reactions: Doodads and Hoohah
Shit, I’d be in coordination with every known Hawkeye affiliated bar across the country.

Have a Venmo setup that can take donations from anyone who wants to do so on game day.

In Southern Cal, I’ve been to Hawk bars downtown San Diego, beach towns, and the burbs. They’ve always been packed with fans (tho it has dropped over the last few years cause of crap product).

People come in, scan Venmo and make whatever donation they want.

But it does seem short sighted if Swarm has not at least provided contact outside state lines

Reactions: shrinkhawk
Not quite true, Iowa was penalized for tampering with Proctor.

Only Iowa gets punished, like only Iowa (ISU) players gamble as well!!! :-/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT