ADVERTISEMENT

Brandon Snyder

Hasn't looked good all year. How do the coaches not see it. If he's not ready he shouldn't be there. Where is Gair? He filled in great for Lomax when he was out. Give the Senior a shot. Can't do any worse? Things like this make me shake my head at the coaching staff.

He is really struggling. Doesn't wrap up. Misses assignments in coverage that have led to a few passing TDs this season.

That said, perhaps you missed his INT Saturday? Although, we would've probably had better field position with a punt and return...

Hasn't looked good all year. How do the coaches not see it. If he's not ready he shouldn't be there. Where is Gair? He filled in great for Lomax when he was out. Give the Senior a shot. Can't do any worse? Things like this make me shake my head at the coaching staff.

Best they got

Taylor and Snyder both had negative grades from PFF. The only two negative ratings on the defense.

Throughout the first two games, I thought he was quietly laying some good shots on the ball carriers. Technically speaking though, he does not bring his hips, or wrap up, he goes for the knockout. He is not a big enough hitter to overcome these technical shortcomings...and he must get better at covering over the top. I appreciate the aggressiveness, but if it leads to blown coverage or guys bouncing off his hits...it's all for not.

Reactions: LarryMullenJr.
It seems if we have such a glaring weakness on defense, which we clearly do at safety, the coaches would scheme to help the weakness. I don't have any suggestions because I have very limited football knowledge. Maybe some high paid coaches could get involved and make some adjustments. I think we have some highly paid coaches around Iowa City.

Pro Football Focus. They grade college players now. Morehouse has been posting some of the results after games.
Thanks. Unfortunately, none of us needed an outside viewpoint to see how bad the play of our Safeties were. One of them got trucked by the NDSU QB for gosh sakes!

Throughout the first two games, I thought he was quietly laying some good shots on the ball carriers. Technically speaking though, he does not bring his hips, or wrap up, he goes for the knockout. He is not a big enough hitter to overcome these technical shortcomings...and he must get better at covering over the top. I appreciate the aggressiveness, but if it leads to blown coverage or guys bouncing off his hits...it's all for not.
I agree. He is plenty big enough to deliver a hit but the seems to come in light and both safeties think they don't have to tackle , just knock them down. We know BS is fast so I bet he is hesitating because he tends to get sucked in quickly.
It's time to let Dez at least man up and force them to take shots his way. Bend but don't break can't be the only way you play or they WI pick you apart knowing what you will do in each situation. (See QB scramble for 20yds leading by 3 with 220 on the clock)

Whoever filled in for Lomax when he got ejected from last year's Indy game was a liability on run plays

No, but I've wrestled all my life douchebag. Want some lessons?

the-ladies-man-lance-wrestling-o.gif

The problem is that Brandon was hyped up before the season based on performance in the weight room. That happens often in the preseason with fans. It will take some time for him to make progress, hasn't had much live action. He will be alright.

The position is clearly a concern, but I don't like to see it devolve into personal insults of the young man. I've no doubt he's giving it his all. It is on the coaches from a recruiting, teaching, and schemes perspective to have better coverage at that position.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT