ADVERTISEMENT

Brands, Stoll, Desanto, Lee, & Marinelli Video

Coaches telling Spencer to keep a positive mindset??? Oh oh. That doesn’t sound good.

Maybe Spencer is saying it has been a long, rough season for him & he’s ready to put it in the rearview. I wouldn’t read anymore into it than that.
Yea I think what he meant is he’s ready to move on from the loss at Okie State....nothing more....obviously the kid has had some extra challenges this year.... hopefully he’ll be one of those stories we talk about years from now after he wins the national title..... regardless he’ll do us proud no doubt

Reactions: #10Hawk
Great punchy, to the point, interviews. Can't wait for Saturday to see them put it all out on the mat!

Moving forward.

Man, Lee must really be out of sorts right now to flub that one.

I really, really hope Sam Stoll is on the podium at NCAA’s. I think nobody deserves it more for the Hawkeyes. A close second with Desanto after last year but Sam has put his time in and to me, he epitomizes what Iowa wrestling is all about. I’ll be rooting hard for Mr. Stoll. And if he comes short, I’ll be the man cheering louder than anybody else in the arena (short of his parents and possibly terry). If he wins it, I’ll have family with bail money on standby.

I heard it was his knee. This comes from a very very reliable source who owns the Lobster Burger Restaurant here in Tiverton.

Finally watched the video. Loved Stoll’s statement on ending his Sr. Year as a champion. Found the swirl around Spencer’s comments to be much ado about nothing. If the Brands/Iowa athletics thought he was “moving on,” as in leaving Iowa, I think chances are low he would have been interviewed for a Big Ten Tournament promo video. Also, even if Spencer was unhappy (and I don’t sense that he is), he’s classier than to use the Big Ten tournament promo video as a way to air it publicly.

All our guys are getting mentally and physically prepared to compete at BIGs and NCAAs, We need to get behind them, and after the season they all need to get healthy so we can win as a program in 2020. That’s the story here.

Btw, my initial oh oh reaction was simply the feeling that if the coaches told him he needed to keep a positive mindset that perhaps he was still not recovering as soon as many had hoped - and maybe he was feeling a bit down/disappointed about that. I was not implying anything else. He is a great ambassador for Iowa and believe he is very happy with the coaches, etc and isn’t going anywhere.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT