ADVERTISEMENT

Brazilian President Bolsonaro doesn’t concede loss to Lula but will allow transition to begin

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
BREAKING: Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro emerged from his post-election silence Tuesday to thank those who voted for him, and his chief of staff said the president had authorized him to begin a transition to President-elect Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva.

Are you on Telegram? Subscribe to our channel for the latest updates on Russia’s war in Ukraine.

Bolsonaro didn’t directly concede defeat in the election Sunday, or direct his supporters to stop blockading highways across the country. But the move eased fears he would follow the example of his ally, former president Donald Trump, refusing to accept the result and dragging his nation into a constitutional crisis.

Electoral authorities declared Lula, a two-time former president the winner of the election at around 8 p.m. Sunday. Bolsonaro’s brief statement Tuesday was his first in 44 hours, a period during which his supporters set up hundreds of roadblocks across the country, shutting down traffic and causing flights to be canceled and fuel prices to spike.

ADVERTISING

Lula, who won the election by less than 2 percentage points, is due to take office in January.
This breaking report will be updated.

The army stayed out of things and Lulu will be sworn in on Sunday. In Trumpian fashion Bolsonaro has left Brazil, and is reportedly in Florida.
https://apnews.com/article/jair-bol...naugurations-c6d222207d7a5bcbb71e2b6950514a9a

I heard he was staying with former UFC superstar Jose Aldo in Florida. That's what Trump really wanted, for celebrities to love him like they did Obama. Closest he got was golfing with Brady who poked fun at him after the election denial. I guess the My pillow guy is also famous.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
Too bad that the far right scum have coopted the jersey of national soccer team as their colors.

Shitty and not unexpected. A little surprised that Brazil’s military wasn’t activated at the first sniff of this stuff happening. Or maybe they were and I just haven’t seen it.

Reactions: TC Nole OX
Wonder if this is a preview for the GOP primary. Especially at Caucuses. Definitely can see groups of Trump toughs going from state to state. Asserting dominance.

Reactions: lucas80
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT