ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking/Busting My Balls. Urologist Question on Proper Slang

What is the term breaking my balls mean?

• 1. I'm working hard and it's really difficult.

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • 2. I'm being harassed about something to the point of annoyance.

Votes: 16 80.0%

• Total voters

Urohawk

HB Heisman
Sep 30, 2001
I helped make dinner and frankly it was pretty mediocre. I wasn't super happy with the result and I made some comment about how it wasn't good. This is why I let my chef cook most meals. My 13 year old son pipes up and says, "Dad it's not like you were breaking your balls over making dinner." First, I chastised him for being thirteen and thinking this was a appropriate thing to say. My wife didn't think it was that big of deal. To which I asked, "Would you ok to have him tell someone to stop being a pvssy?" She answered that they weren't the same thing which I disagreed with. Then I told my son it was used completely incorrectly.

Breaking my balls is being annoying and repetitive over something, as in, "Stop breaking my balls".

My son responded that was wrong and said breaking my balls refers to hard work, as in, "I'm out here in the hot sun working on the road, breaking my balls!"

So HBOT, which one is it?

You’ve confused balls with chops.

Vulgar slang To exert oneself to the utmost degree; to put forth the maximum amount of effort or strain. "Balls" is slang for the testicles, so the phrase in every meaning is usually (but not solely) said of or by a man. I've been breaking my balls trying to get the new software ready by the release date.

idiom. : to criticize someone in a playful way : tease. My brother likes to bust my chops.

complain eric cartman GIF by South Park

I usual use bustin’.

I’ve been bustin’ my balls (working hard)

I’m just bustin’ your balls (giving you are hard time on jest)

My wife is a ball buster (Nags to the point of emasculation)

Reactions: Urohawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT