ADVERTISEMENT

Brett Favre reveals he has Parkinson’s disease

Same.

I love football but I’m the asshole who won’t let my kid play.
Kids are roasting their brains with endless Tik tok/Streams promoting Fortnite, energy drinks and onlyfans.com. They’re going to wreck it one way or another. Current generation is doomed. I love video games but this new culture is stupidly insane.

Reactions: IAFB2021Champs
That's not being a asshole. That's being a good parent.
I don't begrudge people that let their kids play football, but we told our boys that they could play 5th and 6th grade tackle but nothing after that. Our older son didn't have an interest and our younger son only played in 5th. Whenever we'd tell people that, they'd say how they can get hurt in other sports or just general life but it's the impact to the brain that was our concern, not an ACL or broken leg.

Reactions: SI_NYC
Brett Favre: I have Parkinsons Disease

99.9% of the world:
giphy.gif

I don't begrudge people that let their kids play football, but we told our boys that they could play 5th and 6th grade tackle but nothing after that. Our older son didn't have an interest and our younger son only played in 5th. Whenever we'd tell people that, they'd say how they can get hurt in other sports or just general life but it's the impact to the brain that was our concern, not an ACL or broken leg.

I would make the same decision today...

Reactions: seminoleed
Whenever we'd tell people that, they'd say how they can get hurt in other sports or just general life but it's the impact to the brain that was our concern, not an ACL or broken leg.
Of course when you tear the ACL there's a good chance the knee cartilage goes with it. Post operative repair you'll experience premature arthritis, a gimpy knee that bugs you everyday the rest of your life till you get the knee replaced to ease the pain but it's never close to new. Don't ask me how I know this... ;)

What is his legal liability for that. A fine?
If he's found to have intentionally orchestrated a fraud to divert welfare funds to pay for a new gym for his daughter's volleyball team? I'd think more than just a fine - I would imagine he could go to jail for that.

Reactions: BelemNole
Looks to me like Favre is eliciting sympathy to try and divert attention on the welfare fraud. Maybe he's like Reggie Bush and spent all his millions. Maybe he should be like Reggie and see how much he can get out of Southern Miss. Feel sorry for the dude, but maybe all those nights out drinking with the boys when he was younger certainly might play into this as well as football.

Technically he was given the welfare money, he didn't have to steal it. The people that gave it to him should also spend a little time in the pokey.

Reactions: BrianNole777
You can add rugby and to an extent soccer.
And sledding and swimming and basketball! One of my kids got a concussion because her stupid Minnesotan uncle let her run into a tree while sledding. My nephew got a concussion slipping on wet cement while swimming and I had a cousin get a concussion playing basketball.

My football playing son has not had a concussion, but he did tear his labrum.

And sledding and swimming and basketball! One of my kids got a concussion because her stupid Minnesotan uncle let her run into a tree while sledding. My nephew got a concussion slipping on wet cement while swimming and I had a cousin get a concussion playing basketball.

Thanks doc.

My son got a concussion playing basketball in a tournament. Jumped on a loose ball and other players jumped on him (one right on his head). Didn't notice it until the layup line next game. He didn't feel right and told the coach. Coach listened and sat him for that game - and he was out for a couple of weeks.

Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP

That's not the point. Like I said in my post on this subject, they can get hurt in other sports and in daily life. It's the repeated impact that data continues to prove causes long-term impacts to the brain for a high percentage of players. Our son got a concussion playing kickball at FCA, but I don't think that has the same impact of someone playing 5+ years of tackle football.

Technically he was given the welfare money, he didn't have to steal it. The people that gave it to him should also spend a little time in the pokey.

Yes but he was aware it was stolen money.

I mean if someone rolls up and offers you money they just stole from the bank you probably are saying "No thanks".

Kids are roasting their brains with endless Tik tok/Streams promoting Fortnite, energy drinks and onlyfans.com. They’re going to wreck it one way or another. Current generation is doomed. I love video games but this new culture is stupidly insane.
This 👆
The amount of stupid content they see each day is going to cause just as much damage.
I’m convinced energy drinks have damaged some of my organs, I used to drink one every/other day in my mid 20’s until my early to mid 30’s now I seem to be having liver and kidney issues that aren’t terribly concerning yet but they aren’t great. If you doubt me, spill one of those things on a rusty metal cart and see how well you can polish that thing up.
I can’t imagine onlyfans won’t increase the already terrible divorce rate in this country as well.

Reactions: seminoleed
Yes but he was aware it was stolen money.

I mean if someone rolls up and offers you money they just stole from the bank you probably are saying "No thanks".
Well a lot of people would take it but regardless they are not the ones that stole it. Just correcting the people that want to falsely say he stole it. If I'm in charge of an account at my work for charity and I have the authority to send it to Iowa for a donation they didn't steal that money from me. Now is that morally wrong on them if they knew it was to go to charity, I think so. But they didn't steal it.

……you sure she’s a snatch and Favre isn’t a complete piece of shit? I’m a huge GB fan, but there’s plenty of stories out there about Favre and his…..habits.
Both can be true. Favre definitely has had his clown moments to be sure. She has also been more than willing to use her "assets" to further her career and persona. IMHO, an attempt by her to get some airtime, a lame one.

• Haha
Reactions: peacehawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT