ADVERTISEMENT

Biden. Finally, the truth.

I’m sitting this out if the choices stay the same. If the Dems put up someone like Amy Klobuchar or Joe Manchin I’d vote Dem. (I voted Dem for my City Councilman and I support our Democrat Mayor so it’s not out of the realm of possibilities)
I do not support either of the current choices. Period.
Thanks for the reply. I doubt Manchin would be selected since he’s an independent

Thanks for the reply. I doubt Manchin would be selected since he’s an independent
You’re right but IIRC Bernie Sanders was doing well in the 2020 Dem primaries even though he was an independent.

I didn’t say the media knew he had Parkinson’s, but his worsening frailty was obvious to everyone including the media and they ignored it. In the last month they were blaming it on a right wing media conspiracy. That you’re defending them is comical.
You have no idea how the media works.

I’m sitting this out if the choices stay the same. If the Dems put up someone like Amy Klobuchar or Joe Manchin I’d vote Dem. (I voted Dem for my City Councilman and I support our Democrat Mayor so it’s not out of the realm of possibilities)
I do not support either of the current choices. Period.
Thanks for sharing, Goldie. Same boat for me.

Reactions: goldmom
Real inflation adjusted wages have gone up.

You might not like how much but there is just no evidence people are worse off than they were 4 years ago, especially compared to the rest of the world.
Evidence. The economy is on borrowed time.

Evidence. The economy is on borrowed time.

Some spots are no longer accepting cash -Target stopped accepting checks…fantastic plastic gets more often used and abused. Not a shock.
Also if you go out to eat, the restaurant prices have jumped so much that many are tempted to use their credit card, adding to that debt. Until people decide to really cut back spending that debt will continue climbing.

Reactions: SB_SB
Some spots are no longer accepting cash -Target stopped accepting checks…fantastic plastic gets more often used and abused. Not a shock.
Also if you go out to eat, the restaurant prices have jumped so much that many are tempted to use their credit card, adding to that debt. Until people decide to really cut back spending that debt will continue climbing.

Credit card use is way up because of Covid. Many people stopped using cash. Prior to Covid I never used a CC at a fast food restaurant, now I only use a CC. Paying cash definitely makes you think more about what you're spending than using a CC. I'm sure there are people who go through a drive through and since they're paying (or not paying) later, they feel like they're getting something for free. If you owe $2,000 at the end of the month, it just feels like one charge and you don't have to think about the fact you paid $10 for a coffee.

Conversely, There is more stores than ever offering discounts by paying for cash then ever before.

Your trusted news media showed you JBs decline? Where will you get your news now? No, it didn't happen over night...those vids were faked, lol.
And you're an idiot who supports someone who rambles on incessantly, spewing nothing but nonsense and lies. And that's besides the fact that he is a traitor who supported overthrowing a legal election, been bankrupt 6 times, a 34 time convicted felon, and adjudicated rapist, and a fascist. For people who love America, a dead squirrel would be a better candidate than trump. So that says a lot about your feelings for this country.

• Haha
Reactions: TornadoHawk93
And you're an idiot who supports someone who rambles on incessantly, spewing nothing but nonsense and lies. And that's besides the fact that he is a traitor who supported overthrowing a legal election, been bankrupt 6 times, a 34 time convicted felon, and adjudicated rapist, and a fascist. For people who love America, a dead squirrel would be a better candidate than trump. So that says a lot about your feelings for this country.
Umm…a dead squirrel might be a better option than either one of these mummies.
You and others still rant on about about “the other guy is worse”?
Is that because all of you hope to shout down the “other side” or are y’all too dim to get the big picture here?

Listen to yourself, you are starting to embarrass yourself, you are choking on your reality. I've stated multiple times DT has proven to me that he can run the country compared to how the big guy has done it.

Listen to yourself, you are starting to embarrass yourself, you are choking on your reality. I've stated multiple times DT has proven to me that he can run the country compared to how the big guy has done it.
So, you are either, a multiple liar, just plain stupid, or most likely, both.

Umm…a dead squirrel might be a better option than either one of these mummies.
You and others still rant on about about “the other guy is worse”?
Is that because all of you hope to shout down the “other side” or are y’all too dim to get the big picture here?

Isn't a dead squirrel kind of the same thing as Biden. A chicken with it's head cut off and holding a shotgun is more like trump. If I was forced to pick the one that would cause less damage, I have to go with the dead squirrel.

Isn't a dead squirrel kind of the same thing as Biden. A chicken with it's head cut off and holding a shotgun is more like trump. If I was forced to pick the one that would cause less damage, I have to go with the dead squirrel.
Your choice for sure. I’m just gonna change the channel. 🫤

In a particularly disturbing conversation this week, Trump’s former top political strategist, Steve Bannon, and former National Security Council adviser, Kash Patel, openly discussed plans to target the press. Bannon, who underscored that such promises are “not just rhetoric” and that they are “absolutely dead serious” about seeking revenge against journalists, asked Patel, who would likely serve in a second Trump administration, whether he could “deliver the goods.” Patel responded affirmatively, vowing that a re-empowered Trump would indeed “come after” the press.

Does this bother you at all?

Abrams said a second Trump administration could bring potential Espionage Act cases against outlets over the publication of internal deliberations regarding government actions

Projection.

Reality:

For much of the law’s existence, while it was used perniciously against anti-war demonstrators, it was not applied to journalists or their sources. It was not until 1971 that a person was indicted under the Espionage Act for providing classified information to a journalist. Between 1917 and 2009, only one person was convicted under the Espionage Act for leaking to a news organization.

But the Obama administration was determined to change that.

Obama’s Justice Department succeeded in putting a number of people in jail for daring to help national security journalists report on classified government programs.

During the Obama administration, the Department of Justice brought charges under the Espionage Act against eight people accused of leaking to the media — Thomas Drake, Shamai Leibowitz, Stephen Kim, Chelsea Manning, Donald Sachtleben, Jeffrey Sterling, John Kiriakou and Edward Snowden.

People should have the grace and savvy to “retire” voluntarily.
Look at the ages of many in Congress. It’s scary. And I say that as someone who is part of that age bracket.

This whole thing was so disgusting.

Power and money drives most of these people.
I would say power alone because the money is already there but you can never get back that power. Even cartel leaders, they have so much money they can walk away with but can never seem to retire. It's amazing how well the US election system has worked.

I would say power alone because the money is already there but you can never get back that power. Even cartel leaders, they have so much money they can walk away with but can never seem to retire. It's amazing how well the US election system has worked.
I feel money still comes into play for a number of reasons. Money is power. The people, mostly men, have a drive to think they’re better than the next guy, so if they have more money, they think they’re better.

Reactions: Mister_Man
And being surrounded by aides who may not have your best interests in mind.
Rarely do the politicians have my best interests, that’s the way everyone is in politics, it’s everyone for themselves. I just don’t want them to burn the country down. That’s not a lot to ask but it is a concern this election.

Reactions: goldmom
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT