ADVERTISEMENT

Brian Ferentz

dbleagle1

HR All-State
Oct 18, 2014
I think it may be time to make GD the qb coach only and let Brian Ferentz have the reigns of the offense as the OC the rest of the year..........

So we are less than impressed with the job Brians done with the offensive line, a group that is usually a strength for the hawks, and now we want to hand over the reigns of the whole offense to him. My God, kirks plan is really startin to come together

So we are less than impressed with the job Brians done with the offensive line, a group that is usually a strength for the hawks, and now we want to hand over the reigns of the whole offense to him. My God, kirks plan is really startin to come together
Very well put!!!

Reactions: blhawk

Yup, certainly a good point. I actually think that BF is a hot young coach that other schools would hire. I really think he is different than his dad. I am not saying that this would be a slam dunk success. But, at this point, it might be worth seeing what he could be all about. Although we are not mathematically eliminated from the west title, there is pretty much zero chance to win the west at this point. So, why not see what we really have with Brian Ferentz? Bill Belichick certainly thinks a lot of him.......It might be worth seeing him call plays and seeing what he is capable of.

Last edited:
We need to get someone on this staff that can coach the QB position very well. Both Kirk and Brian are OL guys and I think it shows. The individuals on our OL tend to get better with more experience, throughout the year and between years, not so with the QB position.

Reactions: blhawk
Why stop at Brian being the oc? How many other kids does KF have? The whole staff can be Ferentz brothers! Then they can have kids and recruit them to Iowa to be the 3rd string center, with a full ride. Then those kids could become coaches. Iowa football will be in good hands deep into the 22nd century.

It may be time to fire the AD, Head coach, OC, and Oline/run game whatever nonsense coach.

Way way way past time.

Whole thing is currently a god dam joke.

I could take a loss to Wisconsin but **** lossing to a 1aa team and northwestern at home. **** that bullshit.

There is no reason to accept that.

Why stop at Brian being the oc? How many other kids does KF have? The whole staff can be Ferentz brothers! Then they can have kids and recruit them to Iowa to be the 3rd string center, with a full ride. Then those kids could become coaches. Iowa football will be in good hands deep into the 22nd century.

It was just a thought honestly. At this point, we know that Kirk isn't going anywhere with his shiny new contract. I honestly don't know how involved Brian is involved in the current offense.......they don't invite me to the offensive meetings during the week. However, I do know that other coaches think a lot of him, including HOF coaches. Having said that, if he is the future, it would be a good way to see just how good he is. The Hawks and Hawk fans really don't have anything to lose as we currently have one of the worst offenses in recent memory with GD driving the ship.

It was just a thought honestly. At this point, we know that Kirk isn't going anywhere with his shiny new contract. I honestly don't know how involved Brian is involved in the current offense.......they don't invite me to the offensive meetings during the week. However, I do know that other coaches think a lot of him, including HOF coaches. Having said that, if he is the future, it would be a good way to see just how good he is. The Hawks and Hawk fans really don't have anything to lose as we currently have one of the worst offenses in recent memory with GD driving the ship.

Did you write the second sentence meaning you don't know what goes on in the meetings or are you actually Brian Ferentz referring to yourself in the third person and then admitting that you, Brian Ferentz, is not invited to the offensive meetings during the week?

It all starts at the top.

I really hope Kirk retires soon. What little is left of his legacy will be gone when the Hawks finish 3-8 next year.

The Iowa Fighting Ferentzs

In all seriousness, I want Brian F nowhere near being OC because there will be accountability and he'll be locked in forever.

Reactions: Floyd_Of_Rosedale
Not sure when people are going to learn that it doesn't matter who the heck the OC is while KF is coach. A great offensive mind would be stupid to take a job here. Hell, hire that smoking monkey from south Korea and pay him a box of Marlboros every week. That would at least save a few bucks.

Not sure when people are going to learn that it doesn't matter who the heck the OC is while KF is coach. A great offensive mind would be stupid to take a job here. Hell, hire that smoking monkey from south Korea and pay him a box of Marlboros every week. That would at least save a few bucks.

I think it should be a goat... So at least when people blame the OC, they are using the right animal to rationalize what they are seeing on the field.

Can't be any worse than it is now....

Good lord, yes it can, and quickly. Look at MSU...0-5 in the conference and last year they were in the play-offs. How about Notre Dame? And these are the good teams. How about Kansas, ISU, Rutgers, Illinois, my gaod this isn't even close to the bottom.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
...assuming they keep having sons, and not just daughters. But by then, genetically selecting a kid will be like shopping, and custom-making a character in Skyrim.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT