ADVERTISEMENT

Bulletin Board material..............

IowaNiceHawk

HR Legend
Gold Member
May 2, 2016
St Donatus, IA
The wankers at ESPN posted a 'too early' Top 25 on their little website, over there at
Espin.

Coming off a 10-3 season, with very close losses to Penn, Mich, Wisc and a resounding
Bowl win vs USC, the Hawkeyes are included at #23, in their Top 25.

OK. My beef is that little bro is in there at #15.
Can someone please explain, this after they finished about .500, after being drubbed by
Notre Dame?
The Goofers are also ranked ahead of Hawkeyes and that's, well,
come on, man.

Go Hawks :D

Reactions: San_Antonio_Hawk
The wankers at ESPN posted a 'too early' Top 25 on their little website, over there at
Espin.

Coming off a 10-3 season, with very close losses to Penn, Mich, Wisc and a resounding

Can someone please explain, this after they finished about .500, after being drubbed by
Notre Dame?
come on, man.

ISU plays in the Big XII, a garbage conference that plays little to no defense. A team can win a lot of games, put up video game numbers. So, teams like Baylor, Kansas, TCU can poke their heads up every once in a while and beat a watered down version of Oklahoma or Texas and look impressive.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
So they're supposed to be motivated by ISU's projected ranking? Uh, no. Just take care of your own business.

It's a National poll, gets seen by a lot of eyeballs.
I'd bet that a lot of Hawkeye athletes and fans are motivated by this patheric representation of where things really are at.

Maybe musicians aren't ??

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
Espin.

Notre Dame?
come on, man.

See my 2020 thread about Iowa finishing 8-4 or better.......

Iowa being ranked 23 probably isn't a slight considering they are replacing a 3-year starter at QB and two studs in AJE and Wirfs. They also lose both starting D tackles, their best LB, CB, and Safety. So 23rd isn't an insult factoring in those losses.
ISU ranked ANYWHERE is laughable. Going 8-5 in 2018 had the media spooging everywhere about the Clowns. 2019 showed where the ceiling is for them. Best QB, coach, and on and on and on. 7-6 and a public bare-bottom spanking in a bowl game that ND was insulted to be playing in at all. They will win 7 or 8 games in 20 because their conference is a joke. Rinse and repeat.

Iowa being ranked 23 probably isn't a slight considering they are replacing a 3-year starter at QB and two studs in AJE and Wirfs. They also lose both starting D tackles, their best LB, CB, and Safety. So 23rd isn't an insult factoring in those losses.
ISU ranked ANYWHERE is laughable. Going 8-5 in 2018 had the media spooging everywhere about the Clowns. 2019 showed where the ceiling is for them. Best QB, coach, and on and on and on. 7-6 and a public bare-bottom spanking in a bowl game that ND was insulted to be playing in at all. They will win 7 or 8 games in 20 because their conference is a joke. Rinse and repeat.
People don't know what to make of Iowa's 2020 team......

Espin.

Notre Dame?
come on, man.

Let ISU be ranked ahead of Iowa. When they leave Kinnick next year everyone will realize how wrong th rankings were.

We are just talking about creating a chip or motivation. SI has Minnesota at 11 and Purdue in the Top 25. No Hawkeyes. Make that disrespect.

Espin.

Notre Dame?
come on, man.

Could be in light of all the early entries to the NFL?

Reactions: mtdew_fever
Click bait material, don’t fall for it like all the Colon Cowturd bashing from 2015.

Iowa does all their talking on the field. And I like the aspect of no one expecting anything from Iowa in 20. I think Iowa’s offense in 2020 will be similar to 2002 and make the defenses job a lot easier with the lose of AJ, Geno, OJ, Christian, Cedric, and Brady. I also think Iowa’s back end might be the best it’s ever been with pure athletes as well as depth to fill in when needed.

those rankings are nothing more than ammunition for clown fans to thump their chests before the game is played in Kinnick next season. The ranking won't hold up once their out of conference schedule is complete, which will disappoint hawk fans that "cheer for ISU when not playing the hawks" because they think what ISU does on the field outside of the Iowa game has any bearing on the perception of the Hawkeyes

those rankings are nothing more than ammunition for clown fans to thump their chests before the game is played in Kinnick next season. The ranking won't hold up once their out of conference schedule is complete, which will disappoint hawk fans that "cheer for ISU when not playing the hawks" because they think what ISU does on the field outside of the Iowa game has any bearing on the perception of the Hawkeyes
Those rankings are actually nothing more than useless fodder for the OP to start what is probably his 10th ‘look at me I read sports news’ thread of the day. BAU.

Espin.

Notre Dame?
come on, man.

Rankings at the end of the season > rankings make 11 months before the end of the season. Ask the huskers.

ESPN just really wants to see a ranked cyhawk matchup.
They know the clowns are gonna have to start pretty high to keep them ranked after week 1 ;)

FYI-someone being ranked above you preseason.....that's not exactly bulletin board material.

What was their motto this year? “Prove it”? It just makes it better

The too early College football polls, just like the pre season College Football polls aren't worth the space they are written. See BiG Ten West 2019 pre season predictions as an example. ;)

The only thing more worthless are those in-game "win percentages" that are posted during a contest.

It's a National poll, gets seen by a lot of eyeballs.
I'd bet that a lot of Hawkeye athletes and fans are motivated by this patheric representation of where things really are at.

Maybe musicians aren't ??
Outside of Iowa people probably got high when Iowa State confused

In all due respect, Iowa does appear to be losing two 1st rd draft picks, the starting QB and a key RB.

Iowa State loses less.

Lets also remember Iowa didnt exactly dominate Iowa State in the Ames this past year.

Who cares? I think it's giving Iowa respect by ranking them.

Espin.

Notre Dame?
come on, man.

I realize this is giving the national writers an awful lot of credit, but maybe they looked at the schedule?

While I'll be very irritated when we lose games next year, I'd be happy with a top 25 finish in January.

Reactions: mtdew_fever
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT