ADVERTISEMENT

Bush apologizes to France

The Tradition

HB King
Apr 23, 2002
Jeb Bush offered an apology to the French on Tuesday after making a crack about a "French workweek" during last week's GOP debate.

“I made the mistake of saying that the Congress operates on a French workweek,” Bush deadpanned while speaking to reporters on a campaign bus in New Hampshire,according to Time magazine.

“I really did a disservice to the French,” Bush added, chuckling, according to the report.

"My inbox was full of French journalists," a campaign spokesman interjected.

The French workweek remark came during an attack on Sen. Marco Rubio's (R-Fla.) attendance in the Senate.

"Marco, when you signed up for this, this was a six-year term and you should be showing up to work," Bush said.

"I mean, literally the Senate, what is it, like a French workweek? You get like three days where you have to show up?" Bush added.

The former Florida governor on Tuesday reiterated his criticism of congressional lawmakers only working three days a week while attempting to walk back his remark involving the French.

“I now know that the average French workweek is actually greater than the German workweek,” Bush said Tuesday, according to Time. “So, my God, I totally insulted an entire country—our first ally—that helped us become free as a nation! And I apologize. That did a huge disservice to France. It didn’t really get to the magnitude of the problem: Three day work week.”

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/259081-bush-french-workweek-jab-a-mistake

"My inbox full of French journalists..." LOL.

“I now know that the average French workweek is actually greater than the German workweek,” Bush said Tuesday, according to Time.
The Netherlands has the shortest workweek of any industrialized nation. They work 4 days a week and average 29 hours. When in doubt, always insult the Dutch.

Reactions: cigaretteman
The Netherlands has the shortest workweek of any industrialized nation. They work 4 days a week and average 29 hours. When in doubt, always insult the Dutch.

Insulting the French works best with your ignorant base.

cool beans, my wife's company just got bought out by the dutch, does she get to cut her work week almost in half now?

In a related news release from Houston, Texas, it was
revealed that Jeb Bush issued an apology to his mother
Barbara Bush.

"Dear Mom, I am sorry that I did not follow your advice
to not run for the GOP nomination for President. I have
done a lousy job of running a campaign. Sooner rather
than later, I will drop out and come to my senses.
Love, Jeb"

Such a shame that working less is considered an insult.

DilbertWhatWouldWallyDoCover.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT