ADVERTISEMENT

C19 numbers are rising...

Kids with certain issues should stay home if warranted. How many healthy kids have died of corona? It’s a hell of a lot less than the regular flu.

It’s over as far as I concerned once every adult has been offered vaccine.
I'm on board with this. I'm also pissed at idiots that refuse to wear masks right now out of courtesy of others. But when the last jab goes into the last person who wants one. I'm done with the mask.

Kids with certain issues should stay home if warranted. How many healthy kids have died of corona? It’s a hell of a lot less than the regular flu.

It’s over as far as I concerned once every adult has been offered vaccine.

Don't get defensive about factors to consider. Just stating the facts.

As to your second point, that might not be May. Distribution certainly hasn't been smooth to this point.

Read an article that said Covid will become endemic in North America just like malaria is endemic in certain parts of the world. Something we can all be proud of!
Coronavirus has already been endemic throughout the world. They cause a cold...so will Covid 19 when everyone gets residual immunity from it. Even if the immunity is waning this virus will be recognzied by our bodies

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
And then we can have no crowds at football games next Fall, again? You have to fight it hard now,

That argument is already proven wrong. Last summer people were saying “if we just shutdown hard like Europe we could be watching football in the fall.” But a year later Europe still hasn’t got it under control with no end in sight.

We can’t just lockdown for three months and have it gone. Until we reach herd immunity we won’t be allowed to go to a football game.

In Iowa, slightly as C19 testing is declining by about 30%, deaths are on the rise as are hospitalizations...as Kimmie “opens up” Iowa. There are 5 variants of the virus circulating......Damn the torpedos, full speed ahead.
Boyz, we ain’t out of the woods yet. Wear your masks! Get your shot. Wash your hands!

None of that is true, btw.

Because.....testing sights are being closed....and theorecticaly clinics and offices can handle the demand...

Weird, all the test iowa sites and clincs seem to be up and running.

Any source?

When people like the OP and others can post some bad Covid news I feel like something for them is rising and it isn't the actual Covid numbers.

Reactions: hawkland14
From David Bahnsen
  • The 7-day average for mortalities is now down -13.3% (the backfill spike I spoke of yesterday was distorting the numbers until today).
  • The 7-day average daily positivity rate is currently 4.2%. It needs to be noted since it has been noted nowhere else besides my email inbox and outbox, that this is the lowest positivity rate we have had since the pandemic began.
    • The nationwide hospitalization number fell through 50,000 (now down to 46,000) much quicker than I expected, and are down roughly 2/3rds from peak levels, in less than a month!
      COVID-Dash-March-2-Marsh-768x411.png

Look no further than the flu infection rate of the past year. It has practically vanished because of masks and social distancing.

Are you telling me you still don't think masks work to slow infection rates?
It had nothing to do with masks. I would suggest you research seasonality, Edgar Hope-Simpson, viral competition and the vanishing trick, etc. But you’re probably not that interested in expanding your horizons so I won’t 🙄

It’s been going on since the beginning of time. But yeah, a filthy face covering should get the credit for killing the flu.

• Haha
Reactions: sob5
Facebook and Twitter is just a cesspool when it comes to this topic. You have all of these people with COVID/political related handles. Avatars with "Vaccinated" on them. Like anyone gives a shit if you were vaccinated or not. This whole thing has become an introvert/social reject's wet dream. I'm over it....
Have you met Joe?

so did @joelbc1 ever cite a source?
No, just said heard it on WHO TV. The article on their website states the numbers, but doesn’t say going up or down, leaving it up to whomever to do the research about it. They stated the same numbers as IDPH and other news.

It had nothing to do with masks. I would suggest you research seasonality, Edgar Hope-Simpson, viral competition and the vanishing trick, etc. But you’re probably not that interested in expanding your horizons so I won’t 🙄

It’s been going on since the beginning of time. But yeah, a filthy face covering should get the credit for killing the flu.
LOL.

What's troubling is some think with declining numbers we are in the clear. The current numbers are comparable to what was considered a crisis last summer. If idiot leadership like we just saw in Texas becomes the norm, this pandemic won't be going away. I feel some of these GOP 'leaders' want to keep this pandemic going indefinitely.

We are in the clear.

I got vaccinated today in Plymouth County. They are vaccinating anyone who wants one here. I’m in my 30s and job that allows social distancing. HyVee called me. Local hospital released 1000 J&J vaccines left over from our large food plant Wells. Our county is 25,000 people with 15% (2nd highest in state) of the population having already tested positive. Actual positives probably 40-50%. We are done here.

In Iowa, slightly as C19 testing is declining by about 30%, deaths are on the rise as are hospitalizations...as Kimmie “opens up” Iowa. There are 5 variants of the virus circulating......Damn the torpedos, full speed ahead.
Boyz, we ain’t out of the woods yet. Wear your masks! Get your shot. Wash your hands!
As usual, more posts from one of the most uninformed people on here.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
From David Bahnsen
  • The 7-day average for mortalities is now down -13.3% (the backfill spike I spoke of yesterday was distorting the numbers until today).
  • The 7-day average daily positivity rate is currently 4.2%. It needs to be noted since it has been noted nowhere else besides my email inbox and outbox, that this is the lowest positivity rate we have had since the pandemic began.
    • The nationwide hospitalization number fell through 50,000 (now down to 46,000) much quicker than I expected, and are down roughly 2/3rds from peak levels, in less than a month!
      COVID-Dash-March-2-Marsh-768x411.png
Hmmm seasonality or masks? I know which one I've got.

Hospitalizations were at 318 when things "opened up". A little over a month later and we're at 176 hospitalized and still on a downward trajectory.

That's less than 2 people per county hospitalized. 39 in the ICU and 9 on a ventilator, and here you are sounding the alarm.

Way to be chicken little chasing cases in small sample sizes instead of looking at the big picture.

Reactions: dandh and Gimmered
We are in the clear.

I got vaccinated today in Plymouth County. They are vaccinating anyone who wants one here. I’m in my 30s and job that allows social distancing. HyVee called me. Local hospital released 1000 J&J vaccines left over from our large food plant Wells. Our county is 25,000 people with 15% (2nd highest in state) of the population having already tested positive. Actual positives probably 40-50%. We are done here.

Yea, I think we are really close to many counties opening it up to first come, first serve basis. Probably in about a month or so.

Hospitalizations were at 318 when things "opened up". A little over a month later and we're at 176 hospitalized and still on a downward trajectory.

That's less than 2 people per county hospitalized. 39 in the ICU and 9 on a ventilator, and here you are sounding the alarm.

Way to be chicken little chasing cases in small sample sizes instead of looking at the big picture.
Iowans are still dying daily from it. This kind of reminds me where we were last June or so..when we opened things up, and then had to close up again. This is no time to get cocky...and Kim is getting cocky. I really want to go to Kinnick a few times this Fall. We are getting close...but the concerns with the variant strains and reduced masking/ social distancing are concerning and still remain. Plus....how many folks are walking around carrying/ spreading and not knowing?

No way. The pool of people for Covid to infect is way smaller. Factor in those vaccinated, those who have had it and those who just won't get it and Covid doesn't have as many places to spread.

Covid is starting to lose.

Iowans are still dying daily from it. This kind of reminds me where we were last June or so..when we opened things up, and then had to close up again. This is no time to get cocky...and Kim is getting cocky. I really want to go to Kinnick a few times this Fall. We are getting close...but the concerns with the variant strains and reduced masking/ social distancing are concerning and still remain. Plus....how many folks are walking around carrying/ spreading and not knowing?

For months I thought you were a guy who was just over concerned. Now I’m guessing youre just messing with us.

Nobody could possibly believe Iowa is in the same spot as “last June or so.”

So many Iowans got Covid over the fall.

The most vulnerable have been vaccinated.

Dude it’s over and that’s a good thing.

The OP title is outright wrong. 176 hospitalizations in Iowa, lowest since early July. Same for ICU’s.

One stat that doesn’t get mentioned often is ventilators. 9 people in the whole state on ventilators. Lowest since they started tracking it in April.

I too am worried about the variants. But people are restless because the CDC or the feds won’t give clear quantitative guidance on what “normal” means. That’s what people want. Otherwise, there’s no incentive to get vaccinated.

I will be interested in that the positivity rates are when people get tested before flying for spring break. I just think people are not getting tested right now because they have no need.

The OP title is outright wrong. 176 hospitalizations in Iowa, lowest since early July. Same for ICU’s.

One stat that doesn’t get mentioned often is ventilators. 9 people in the whole state on ventilators. Lowest since they started tracking it in April.

I too am worried about the variants. But people are restless because the CDC or the feds won’t give clear quantitative guidance on what “normal” means. That’s what people want. Otherwise, there’s no incentive to get vaccinated.
Everyone’s idea of “ normal” is different..very subjective. People aware afraid to think for themselves and too quickly defer to others to tell them what they want.

I will be interested in that the positivity rates are when people get tested before flying for spring break. I just think people are not getting tested right now because they have no need.
Positivity rates are about where they were a week ago..4.1, but folks are not getting tested the last month or so...down 30%. People are still dying from it though...I just think it is wise to be more cautious than less cautious.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT