ADVERTISEMENT

New Story Cade McNamara Sore, Can't Wait for Iowa State

He said it's all soft tissue. It sucks that is going to be an issue for most of the season. He said in the post game the hits don't bother him so that isn't a problem.

My problem is that with our offense we can't send a 1 legged QB out there. We saw that with CJ who looked almost dead playing the bowl game, Petras who had zero mobility and was sacked a ton, now Cade.

The ISU game isn't meaningless but it's not that important. Would it be better to have Hill or Labas go this week and/ or next to get ready for Big Ten games?

Reactions: desihawk and pmtdc
Cade is a gamer.....if it's at all possible, he's gonna want to be out there.
He has very little chance of playing a full season. Slow immobile crappy Oline poor play calling. Good thing Hawks don’t play a good team. Could you imagine this O vs Bama)s athletes lol ... negative 40 yds for the game.

Cade is a gamer, and Ferentz is always gonna say injuries are part of the game - but man, this just has the feel of something that will be an issue all season AND is absolutely going to limit some things that would otherwise be on the table and make the offense more threatening. It’s a potential killer - with no good options unless he miraculously makes zero movements for the next couple games that would delay recovery.

The comment of QB sneaks not being an option HAS TO create the opportunity for Hill to run in there and do it. It’s not rocket science…. And makes for the perfect late game QB sneak fake.

It's great that he's out there and he's still a big upgrade but he's a one legged qb today. No bootlegs. No sneaks. No making 1st downs with his feet when the play breaks down. Too bad that he can't be all he could be if healthy. The offense could really use a healthy Cade.
Ok, it seems like Kirk made a slip of tongue but what if he purposely put that out there to make it seem that Cade is 1 dimensional. I highly doubt that he was that blunt about Cade; knowing the opponent has media personal fingering through every inch of media . I don’t buy it. I think Cade is capable of running down the field 30 yds if opportunity shows. He will need a QB sneak this week and Brian isn’t subbing deacon in for it. This is a Ride or Die season. Win at all cost. Cade seems like a gut it out for the team guy.

Ok, it seems like Kirk made a slip of tongue but what if he purposely put that out there to make it seem that Cade is 1 dimensional. I highly doubt that he was that blunt about Cade; knowing the opponent has media personal fingering through every inch of media . I don’t buy it. I think Cade is capable of running down the field 30 yds if opportunity shows. He will need a QB sneak this week and Brian isn’t subbing deacon in for it. This is a Ride or Die season. Win at all cost. Cade seems like a gut it out for the team guy.
Yeah, ummmm... No. Cade is not going to be running downfield and everyone on both sides of the field knows that.

He has very little chance of playing a full season. Slow immobile crappy Oline poor play calling. Good thing Hawks don’t play a good team. Could you imagine this O vs Bama)s athletes lol ... negative 40 yds for the game.
You're an imbecile with your team staring at 0-2.

The comment of QB sneaks not being an option HAS TO create the opportunity for Hill to run in there and do it. It’s not rocket science…. And makes for the perfect late game QB sneak fake.
What you texted above is exactly the answer. I think Iowa took a timeout before they ran the 4th and 1 in the first half Saturday. I cant believe Kirk and Brian were not ready to have DHill put his helmet on and sneak it behind a jumbo line package. Just very shortsighted. I was telling my wife they needed Hill to run that sneak.

You may remember that Patrick Mahomes hurt himselft sneaking in a Chiefs game. Well what does Andy Reid do in short yardage, sneak situations but have Mahomes in shotgun, and a big TEnd go in motion across the LOS and then stop under center, take the snap and get a first down.

Now that is thinking ahead an being prepared

He said it's all soft tissue. It sucks that is going to be an issue for most of the season. He said in the post game the hits don't bother him so that isn't a problem.

My problem is that with our offense we can't send a 1 legged QB out there. We saw that with CJ who looked almost dead playing the bowl game, Petras who had zero mobility and was sacked a ton, now Cade.

The ISU game isn't meaningless but it's not that important. Would it be better to have Hill or Labas go this week and/ or next to get ready for Big Ten games?
I don't think it matters if his hamstring will be an issue all season

Someone mentioned CJ Beathard. Go back and watch his 2015 highlights against Iowa State.. WOW. But sadly the injuries literally mounted from that time forward and as already mentioned, he was a shell of himself by the bowl game. I don't think we ever really saw him healthy after that. I hope that's not the case with Cade.

Well I’m going to enjoy him while he plays. I’m not going to spend all season talking about his health. It is what it is….

As far as KF and rollouts, we’ll see. He did a pretty nifty circle to get away from 2 tacklers on Saturday.

I’m also not surprised they didn’t bring Hill out. Hell if they had and didn’t get it, my Lord the fans would scream about predictable and dumb and and and….

In my mind I wish they had but honestly fellas, we’ve spent our lives (all of us, me included) 2nd guessing these coaches….

I’m going to set back and hopefully enjoy the ride. I’ve got enough issues with my own life, wife, job etc!

We need him 100% with this crap OL.

Had high hopes for this season.

Not looking good already.

debbie-downer-icegif-2.gif

Reactions: pmtdc and QChawks
I wouldn’t hate the idea of getting what we can from Cade on Saturday, then running out Hill and/or Labas next week. Not saying Western Michigan is a sleep walk, but Cade as emergency QB. Give him essentially a week to heal.

I wouldn’t hate the idea of getting what we can from Cade on Saturday, then running out Hill and/or Labas next week. Not saying Western Michigan is a sleep walk, but Cade as emergency QB. Give him essentially a week to heal.

I think 99% of the people are thinking the same thing.

I'd have to guess the coaches as well.

We NEED this kid healthy when it matters the most.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT