ADVERTISEMENT

Cade McNamara to Iowa

we-got-him-randy-marsh.gif

Reactions: Randy Marsh
Can’t wait till Tom or Blair can get a interview w Cade. Be interesting to see how this all went down(maybe we will never know) and honestly would love to know how his knee is coming? Would be huge if he could get some reps during spring ball.

And I guess we now know what they think of Joe Labas starting next season. Will he now hit the portal?

That would really be something if we lost qb1, qb2, and qb3
Reading between the lines, it. sounds like Labas can’t/hasn’t learned the playbook.

Ones just a transfer from vanvelkenburgs school. Offensive player of the year in the league and a michigan wr
The only guy I can figure from Michigan is Henning...great athlete...great special teams guy (punt and kick returner with some moves and ability to accelerate)..not exactly a good WR...there is a reason he fell off the map at Michigan...running proper routes and catching the ball is kind of important

Don't know if any NFL team will touch him with that lawsuit over his head currently.
Yeah, I had forgot about that. However, he was with Bill Belichick, and Kirk and Bill are friends and Bill had good things to say about Brian when he was coaching the TE's at New England, so if there is an NFL coach who would touch him, it would be Bill. ;) Maybe Bill will do Kirk a solid. ;) If I were a betting man, I say Brian is back in IC next year, but I am not sure as the OC.

And Petras did learn it. Just spitballing here, but maybe it's the playbook that needs to change.
Spencer knew it well. He just didn’t perform at a level we all hoped he would. The problem with Petras is that he has lead feet, which was double bad with a poor line and average to below average receivers. I believe he knew all the plays though. This isn’t meant to defend Brian. BF playing calling left a lot to be desired.

I got a pretty good feeling neither Petras nor Padilla are back next year, so if Cade comes, Cade starts. I don't think Kirk would have had dealings with Cade if he had any trust in Labas or thought May was ready. So, IMOP, Cade is day one starter. Now, if Spencer comes back, and I PRAY this does not happen, who knows, but I don't think Kirk wants to go through the media and public back lashing he has taken the past couple years. I think Brian stays, but moves to a position coach if he cannot find an NFL position coaching j
He is not coming back.

how good is this guy? any highlights?
It looks like a Mich fan posted a thread on what Cade brings to the table. I watched some highlights and Cade is accurate, quick release although it looks a little low arm angle and the Mich fan says he gets more than the usual passes batted down. One replay he kept the ball on a zone run and had good acceleration to get about 8 yards.

Mich fan says he can make all the throws and is pocket aware and mobile to buy time

It looks like a Mich fan posted a thread on what Cade brings to the table. I watched some highlights and Cade is accurate, quick release although it looks a little low arm angle and the Mich fan says he gets more than the usual passes batted down. One replay he kept the ball on a zone run and had good acceleration to get about 8 yards.

Mich fan says he can make all the throws and is pocket aware and mobile to buy time
I just posted his 2021 highlight reel. He completed EVERY PASS! (just kidding)

Looks like he can make all the throws and has some mobility. He does seem to throw sidearm a lot.

He recently had knee surgery. How serious was it? Will he be availablr to play in the Spring?

What I have read is that Cade hurt the knee early this season so the probably could play on it and didnt have the surgery until now in case JJ got hurt. So it could be surgery to clean up some minor tear of some tissue, but just a guess that to me makes sense since he put the surgery off for close to 3 months

What I have read is that Cade hurt the knee early this season so the probably could play on it and didnt have the surgery until now in case JJ got hurt. So it could be surgery to clean up some minor tear of some tissue, but just a guess that to me makes sense since he put the surgery off for close to 3 months

So, really, the thought of getting a medical redshirt probably wont happen since he possibly could have played on it?

The question is, who’s he gonna throw to?

Hey, Alex Wick and Brecht got open this year and made catches. Receivers get open even against really good defenses but sometimes the problem is the qb is occupied by pass rushers which allow the defense to cover.

I will say that we all have seen how Petras would not see some wide open receivers. I hope Cade is better at that quickly scanning the field because we can have some wide open receivers sometimes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT