ADVERTISEMENT

So how much stock…

ZumaHawk

HR MVP
Nov 8, 2015
Do we put into Cade McNamara for next year? Without a doubt Hill doesn’t have it. New OC will also help.

Reactions: bIhawk
I'll just be happy if he can make it to the first game healthy. I really liked Kaleb Brown's progress this year. Between him and the tight ends he should at least have someone to throw to.

one half of my brain is like "expect a step back in the offense next year as they adjust to a new coordinator" but then the other half of my brain is like "could it possibly get worse?"
I've been saying the offense can't get worse for two seasons and been wrong. That means we'll average single digit PPG next year.

I doubt we will see Deacon Hill start another game at Iowa.
Your more hopeful then I am. I really hope to see Cade healthy next season, but I wouldn't bet a nickel that he will be. Three straight years with three different leg injuries?

one half of my brain is like "expect a step back in the offense next year as they adjust to a new coordinator" but then the other half of my brain is like "could it possibly get worse?"
They are already very nearly DFL in every stat that matters - even more worse than last year's abysmal output - so even with an 'adjustment period' for the new OC & players, how in the world could it possibly actually get any worse?!

Yep go with Marco for bowl prep to prepare for next year. It can't be worse anyway. Hill is the worst QB I've ever seen play for Iowa...and shouldn't even be in consideration to play again. Start fresh...even if it's young talent

I really wish you were right about Marco....

But with this staff, there is ZERO chance they don't go with Hill.

Hill could have two dislocated shoulders and they'd give him a go.

Deacon Hill would have to die to not go into the spring at number one on the depth chart.
Kirk Ferentz only makes a change when he has absolutely no other choice.

I really wish you were right about Marco....

But with this staff, there is ZERO chance they don't go with Hill.

Hill could have two dislocated shoulders and they'd give him a go.
Yep I agree

At this point there is no upside to hill going forward... none. You can't build next years offense around him anyway. He's immobile... has a slow release... cant throw accurate enough balls... too likely to have costly turnovers

If Cade is injury proned you need to build up Marco starting now bc Hill just can't be the answer. I mean maybe a portal guy, but that will cost money and I think you would rather spend that elsewhere especially if you already have a guy in Marco that is pretty highly regarded in the program...just young

Iowa finished last in offense, so, no it can't get any worse

Cade was low 50's passing percentage before he got season ending injury? He wasn't very effective. I get that he wasn't mobile with injury, but KF system doesn't seem to let QB do any design runs. Iowa QB expected to stay in pocket...if he an buy some extra time...great, but in fact KF seems to like the guys like Petras, Hill, JC Christiansen that just stay in pocket and take sacks vs scrambling QB.

Without a huge upgrade in OL talent and WR talent, Cade is a bust next year even if he's healthy.

Hill performance as starter should be enough to get him sent to Div2. The guy that championed him (Budamyr) should be fired.

We saw from Labas that starting a bowl game doesn't mean much. Cade is starter next year. Hill is backup.

But this year, it's true. We can't get worse.

Wait... are more teams coming into FBS next year? Cause we could finish behind more teams.
Obv the team can't drop in offensive rankings, but they can absolutely drop in offensive output. They could def go from 200 yards a game to 150 yards per game. Totally within the realm of possibility.

Obv the team can't drop in offensive rankings, but they can absolutely drop in offensive output. They could def go from 200 yards a game to 150 yards per game. Totally within the realm of possibility.
Edit: none of that made sense that I typed.

Try again

I realize that we can get worse in team and individual stat categories. I really don't think we will.

I was meaning just on statistical ranking in my op.

Last edited:
Reactions: millah_22
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT