ADVERTISEMENT

Caitlin Clark and her haters

Disagree. We might all think CC has some maturity issues on the court, but given her universally exemplary behavior and comments off the court, many of us WBB fans would still like her a lot.
I just don't understand this. People need a reason to complain about her for whatever reason so they talk about her "maturity" on the court and her "antics". Have they ever watched the NBA in the last 30 years? Take a look at how pretty much every star player acts on the court. Have they watched how about half of all men's college coaches act? If her behavior bothers you, she learned it from watching those folks.

I don't think we are that dense, unlike you. I personally can't stand the idiot because:

1. He's a narcissistic dumbass
2. He talks crap about politics that he has absolutely has no clue about
3. He called for the assassination of a cop DOING his job. Says cops are the problem, maybe talk about what the real problem is, it's dipshits causing trouble, maybe trying to fix that
“He talks crap about politics he has absolutely no clue about.”

By golly, if only he had the pulse on politics that ol’ ddeanHawk has. The world would be such a better place!

Agreed, all basketball stars complain constantly. I love Tim Duncan, but that guy acts as if he has never committed a foul in his life. Google up "tim duncan crazy eyes"

I just don't understand this. People need a reason to complain about her for whatever reason so they talk about her "maturity" on the court and her "antics". Have they ever watched the NBA in the last 30 years? Take a look at how pretty much every star player acts on the court. Have they watched how about half of all men's college coaches act? If her behavior bothers you, she learned it from watching those folks.
Not sure if you read the post I was responding to, or understood what I was trying to say. I guess I need to work on my communication skills. MitchLL wrote "We'd all dislike, but respect, CC if she played anywhere else." I said "Disagree" and that many of us WBB fans would still like CC even if she played for another team. I wasn't complaining about CC. I doubt there are 25 bigger CC fans on this board than me. I've paid good money to see her play numerous times this season in multiple venues. But I still think she has some on-court maturity issues, i.e. body language toward teammates. When she throws the ball to O'Grady and she fumbles it, misses it or otherwise fails to catch it, CC will frequently extend her arms and hands as if to say, "how in the hell did you not catch that pass." Not ideal, IMO, but not the end of the world either. But it is something CC could improve on. How you treat your teammates in the heat of the moment counts, even if you are otherwise a great teammate, as I think CC is, and even if CC is exemplary off the court, as I think she is, and wrote.

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
Not sure if you read the post I was responding to, or understood what I was trying to say. I guess I need to work on my communication skills. MitchLL wrote "We'd all dislike, but respect, CC if she played anywhere else." I said "Disagree" and that many of us WBB fans would still like CC even if she played for another team. I wasn't complaining about CC. I doubt there are 25 bigger CC fans on this board than me. I've paid good money to see her play numerous times this season in multiple venues. But I still think she has some on-court maturity issues, i.e. body language toward teammates. When she throws the ball to O'Grady and she fumbles it, misses it or otherwise fails to catch it, CC will frequently extend her arms and hands as if to say, "how in the hell did you not catch that pass." Not ideal, IMO, but not the end of the world either. But it is something CC could improve on. How you treat your teammates in the heat of the moment counts, even if you are otherwise a great teammate, as I think CC is, and even if CC is exemplary off the court, as I think she is, and wrote.
I wasn't reacting to your comments specifically, just the people in general who complain about her complaining to officials. You just posted something close to the topic I was commenting on which is why I quoted your post. Maybe you made an assumption based on your comments about maturity but you are far from the only person I've heard say that. I just find it demeaning and another double standard when so many star athletes act the same and don't seem to get criticized nearly as much for it. You can think that it is an aspect of the game that needs to go away and I would actually agree with that, but unfortunately it seems to be a part of the game these days. It's more than just CC that needs to change then, it's the whole of basketball. So, I apologize if you took my comments to be directed at you, they were not intended to be.

Reactions: AMAYS
I wasn't reacting to your comments specifically, just the people in general who complain about her complaining to officials. You just posted something close to the topic I was commenting on which is why I quoted your post. Maybe you made an assumption based on your comments about maturity but you are far from the only person I've heard say that. I just find it demeaning and another double standard when so many star athletes act the same and don't seem to get criticized nearly as much for it. You can think that it is an aspect of the game that needs to go away and I would actually agree with that, but unfortunately it seems to be a part of the game these days. It's more than just CC that needs to change then, it's the whole of basketball. So, I apologize if you took my comments to be directed at you, they were not intended to be.
Now that the women players are acting like men on the court, people have an issue. Men started all the chest thumping, smack talking, gesturing, look at me, bullshit. CC does a little and it's a problem?
Players like the Murray twins are hard to find these days. Really good players who did it with class.

Now that the women players are acting like men on the court, people have an issue. Men started all the chest thumping, smack talking, gesturing, look at me, bullshit. CC does a little and it's a problem?
The women didn't want double standards, so if we take issue with the antics of the men, then we take issue when the women do it as well......which oddly enough is what they want us to do.........

So basically they're (women) acting like fools (intentionally so, even) so that it gets people to tell them to.........not act like fools. There's even articles about this in major publications if you don't believe me.

That's one way of going about it. 🙃

Or.....and hear me out here........you constantly show that you're above the petty unnecessary bullsh**, that isn't needed and truthfully and factually does nothing to bring about """"equality"""", despite the morons that will argue otherwise for argument's sake, and show that you can be better.

Yeah? Maybe? No, didn't think so..........

This is actually a pretty good one from a WVU fan. Please read the comments also.

racist comedy central GIF

The West Virginia fan, mind you.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT