ADVERTISEMENT

Caitlin Clark and her haters

HawkOptimist

HR Heisman
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2006
Looked through the comments section of a lot of articles on Facebook about Caitlin Clark breaking Stephen Curry’s NCAA 3-point record and Pistol Pete’s NCAA Division 1 scoring record.

Wow! Talk about fragile egos. A lot of comments that go something like…

“Caitlin is a great women’s player, BUT she could NEVER compete with men and blah blah blah.”

“Not to take anything from Clark and her accomplishments, but Pistol Pete didn’t have a 3-point line or shot clock or blah blah blah.”

“Curry would destroy Clark in a real game and blah blah blah.”

“But, but, but Pistol Pete blah blah blah.”

“Typical woke leftists thinking a woman is actually a better basketball player than Pistol Pete or Stephen Curry or any man and blah blah blah.”

We get it Bill with the goatee and dark sunglasses as your profile pic, Caitlin Clark isn’t as good as guys who play in the NBA. No one said she was.

And no, Kevin with the goatee and dark sunglasses and NRA hat as your profile pic, Caitlin Clark probably couldn’t compete against men who play college basketball at the NCAA division 1 level. No one said she could.

BUT, she now holds the record for most points and most 3-pointers scored by an NCAA Division 1 basketball player. Oh, and we get it Steve with the goatee and sunglasses as your profile pic, Caitlin is just a woman and would get destroyed against men.

CSB

Looked through the comments section of a lot of articles on Facebook about Caitlin Clark breaking Stephen Curry’s NCAA 3-point record and Pistol Pete’s NCAA Division 1 scoring record.

Wow! Talk about fragile egos. A lot of comments that go something like…

“Caitlin is a great women’s player, BUT she could NEVER compete with men and blah blah blah.”

“Not to take anything from Clark and her accomplishments, but Pistol Pete didn’t have a 3-point line or shot clock or blah blah blah.”

“Curry would destroy Clark in a real game and blah blah blah.”

“But, but, but Pistol Pete blah blah blah.”

“Typical woke leftists thinking a woman is actually a better basketball player than Pistol Pete or Stephen Curry or any man and blah blah blah.”

We get it Bill with the goatee and dark sunglasses as your profile pic, Caitlin Clark isn’t as good as guys who play in the NBA. No one said she was.

And no, Kevin with the goatee and dark sunglasses and NRA hat as your profile pic, Caitlin Clark probably couldn’t compete against men who play college basketball at the NCAA division 1 level. No one said she could.

BUT, she now holds the record for most points and most 3-pointers scored by an NCAA Division 1 basketball player. Oh, and we get it Steve with the goatee and sunglasses as your profile pic, Caitlin is just a woman and would get destroyed against men.

CSB
You need to get over your goatee prejudice.

Brad Davidson changes the equation.
I refereed with Brad Davison's dad last night (Fri 3/8) ironically since you happened to mention him. I asked him if Brad considered Iowa and vice versa. He went into this mini-rant about he'd never let his son play for Fran McCaffrey - too volatile. Ironic since his son Brad was one of the dirtiest players I've ever seen. And Bo Ryan was just as bad. I didn't call him on it though, I let it slide.

Another interesting tidbit, he told me both of Brad's older sister's played at UNI. I didn't know that.

Last edited:
i can somewhat understand the hatred for cc. she throws up an inordinate number of long bombs and seems to get away with a lot of high risk inadvisable passes. nobody else has the green light to do these things and yet that’s where her record breaking points and assist stats come from. in any given game you can see there’s a couple opposing players who are more athletic and deserving. and somehow at end of the day she gets all the accolades. it can be upsetting and demoralizing to the fairminded.

i can somewhat understand the hatred for cc. she throws up an inordinate number of long bombs and seems to get away with a lot of high risk inadvisable passes. nobody else has the green light to do these things and yet that’s where her record breaking points and assist stats come from. in any given game you can see there’s a couple opposing players who are more athletic and deserving. and somehow at end of the day she gets all the accolades. it can be upsetting and demoralizing to the fairminded.
It is not at all an “inordinate number” of long shots. She makes enough of them such that one could argue she could take more of them. And she’s the best player on the floor in any game. Period.

At some point, she's not "getting away with it". She's just good.

Come again?............
I was referring to the statement that she gets away with a lot of long bombs and high risk passes. Just because it is risky for everyone else doesn't mean it is for her and at some point, credit needs to be given that she knows what she is doing and is just good. That said, many of the passes she makes in college have no shot of making it in the pros. I'm sure she is aware of that though.

she throws up an inordinate number of long bombs and seems to get away with a lot of high risk inadvisable passes. nobody else has the green light to do these things and yet that’s where her record breaking points and assist stats come from. in any given game you can see there’s a couple opposing players who are more athletic and deserving. and somehow at end of the day she gets all the accolades. it can be upsetting and demoralizing to the fairminded.

Well, this is just crazy talk. Despite taking a bunch of long threes and forcing some shots, CC has finished in the top 10 of the Big Ten conference in effective FG% all four seasons. Her career eFG% is .562 and her career low is .524.

Sue Bird was an incredibly efficient guard in college, and her career eFG% was .582.

You want to see a chucker? Juju Watkins is at .456 this year.

CC's points and assists records do occur in a high paced offense. Nearly all sports records are a combination of a great player and a great environment.

ice-t hater GIF

Pete took over 60 more shots than CC. Record not beaten but destroyed.
My brother shared a mashup video somebody made with alternating, mirroring highlights of Pete and CC. Toward the end, they alternate footage of Pete and CC both being carried off the floor on their respective teammates’ shoulders, and I couldn’t help but wonder which one of LSU’s 49 total wins during his three years of playing that footage was from. Then I thought some more and figured maybe it was from their NIT consolation game his senior year, but then I remembered he intentionally sat out that loss to Army to avoid getting hurt.

I’m sorry, but fvck Pete Maravich. He was the antithesis of CC. I’m glad his fvcking record is toast.

Yes but that has nothing to do with his game (all the 60 year old white dudes on this board do not watch the NBA so they haven’t a clue how he plays). They hate him because of politics & because someone on Breitbart told them they need to hate James.
I don't think we are that dense, unlike you. I personally can't stand the idiot because:

1. He's a narcissistic dumbass
2. He talks crap about politics that he has absolutely has no clue about
3. He called for the assassination of a cop DOING his job. Says cops are the problem, maybe talk about what the real problem is, it's dipshits causing trouble, maybe trying to fix that

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT