ADVERTISEMENT

Caitlin Clark gets $5 Million big 3 offer

I'd be seriously concerned about "cheap shots" playing LSU or SCar if they meet up.
LSU and SC are NOT the same. Not sure why you’d lump those two together. Having watched each multiple times, LSU is dirty, SC is not. SC gave them a clean ass whooping at their place, and the Tigers were in meltdown mode when it happened again.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
Highest paid WNBA player makes 250K and the Big3 offer is 5M for 10 games. How do you not entertain doubling the highest annual salary in the WNBA every single game? Plus she can still play for the Fever...this is a no brainer.

Reactions: noleclone2
LSU and SC are NOT the same. Not sure why you’d lump those two together. Having watched each multiple times, LSU is dirty, SC is not. SC gave them a clean ass whooping at their place, and the Tigers were in meltdown mode when it happened again.
I'm going off of the comments from Staley.

There's definitely jealousy and envy, along with the thing last year with CC waving at the SC guards.

Do you guys ever get tired of constantly hearing about this Caitlin Clark? I don't even live in Iowa and it's overkill.
If I'm sick of reading or hearing about someone I don't click on a link where there name is a headline, I don't click on an article about them, I don't listen to news on the radio about them. It's not that hard. Although everyone in this thread knows you're just trolling.

I believe their season is during the WNBA offseason, and $5 million is a lot more than she'll make playing oversees during that time, which is what most WNBA players do.
Easy Google search would have told you this is 100% false. Big 3 season is on weekends between June 15 - August 18. WNBA season is from May 14 - Sept 19 plus playoffs. The initial comment about how only two dates would "conflict" implied she could play Big 3 on Saturday in some random city and then join the Fever on Sunday for their game, or vice versa - good luck with that one.

Not to mention the Olympics are July 21 - August 14 (WNBA takes a break). But definitely play in the Big 3 over that, because $$$ right?

Injury risk would be elevated, plus the ball is a different size / weight.

It would be a sideshow and her brand (and potentially all of women's basketball) would be damaged by going up against 6'6" former NBA players. She doesn't need any of that to make bank and be successful long-term.

Reactions: Colonoscopy
Easy Google search would have told you this is 100% false. Big 3 season is on weekends between June 15 - August 18. WNBA season is from May 14 - Sept 19 plus playoffs. The initial comment about how only two dates would "conflict" implied she could play Big 3 on Saturday in some random city and then join the Fever on Sunday for their game, or vice versa - good luck with that one.

Not to mention the Olympics are July 21 - August 14 (WNBA takes a break). But definitely play in the Big 3 over that, because $$$ right?

It would be a sideshow and her brand (and potentially all of women's basketball) would be damaged by going up against 6'6" former NBA players. She doesn't need any of that to make bank and be successful long-term.
Sounds like you know more about the WNBA than I do. Nice bit of reporting there bud.

GJxP6rZXMAAiDB0

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
Camp is next Wednesday - Friday in Cleveland, so unless the Iowa women lose this weekend Caitlin might be a little busy.
Let's hope she's busy, but still she is the only non WNBA player invited so it's pretty cool.

12. There appear to be 3 missing from the Qualifying Tournament Roster last month, plus 5 new names. No hurt feelings though, I'm sure.
Part of me thinks this is to give them cover from criticism on why they didn't include the most marketable women's athlete on the planet. If Iowa wins this weekend they will be able to say they tried but couldn't get their schedules to line up. There just isn't any way you can include her without seeing how she plays against this competition. But who knows, people have underestimated CC before at their own peril so I may eat those words.

Kenyon Martin had an interesting take on the Big 3 offer. He thinks it would be a huge mistake. He says there’s nowhere to hide in 3-on-3 and it’s one step below prison ball.

“Guard Reggie Evans out there, m****rf****r.”

Reactions: onlyTheObvious
Part of me thinks this is to give them cover from criticism on why they didn't include the most marketable women's athlete on the planet. If Iowa wins this weekend they will be able to say they tried but couldn't get their schedules to line up. There just isn't any way you can include her without seeing how she plays against this competition. But who knows, people have underestimated CC before at their own peril so I may eat those words.
It's not like they need 12 players to beat Angola or even Canada or Australia. Put her on the roster for the eyeballs she brings and if she can hold her own against the best in the world, even better. The additional exposure will be good for the marketability of everyone on that team.

Reactions: BioHawk
Kenyon Martin had an interesting take on the Big 3 offer. He thinks it would be a huge mistake. He says there’s nowhere to hide in 3-on-3 and it’s one step below prison ball.

“Guard Reggie Evans out there, m****rf****r.”
Well, it would certainly settle the debate on whether or not Clark is holding back on defense to reduce the chances of picking up fouls. But that would be the hardest part, by far, for her to adjust to imo. The offensive player has all the advantage and the first move is so much quicker than reacting to it. She would have to play off the player quite a bit which would make it easy to shoot over her.

So, like guarding the 3 for the Iowa men's team. ;)

Right. This makes no sense. Clark isn't going to be hurting for money. Some of the attention she's getting isn't useful and I'm imagining getting she's getting tired of it. Comparing her to and wanting her to play against high level men's BBall players is just novelty masturbation.

She's one of the best women's bball players of all time. Leave it there and let her compete in her own division of play, which is what she wants to do, I'm sure.

I have never heard of Big3. I'm guessing they are trying to snag some publicity by approaching Clark. Outside of 5 million dollars I dont see the upside of her playing former NBA players.
How many female basketball players have made a 5 million dollar pay out over the course of their entire careers? Hard to imagine that offer goes much higher even if she had another great season. If she doesn't perform for whatever reason that offer will plummet. I'd cash in now. Women's basketball isn't exactly known for making money.

How many female basketball players have made a 5 million dollar pay out over the course of their entire careers? Hard to imagine that offer goes much higher even if she had another great season. If she doesn't perform for whatever reason that offer will plummet. I'd cash in now. Women's basketball isn't exactly known for making money.
She’s not going to play in the Big 3 and their organizers know that. Just the offer of $5M going public has probably brought that league more attention and clicks in the past three days than at any other point in its history. Marketing ploy, nothing more.

Reactions: Scruddy
She’s not going to play in the Big 3 and their organizers know that. Just the offer of $5M going public has probably brought that league more attention and clicks in the past three days than at any other point in its history. Marketing ploy, nothing more.
It is, and it isn't. She'll generate a lot more than 5 million if she signs and plays.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT