ADVERTISEMENT

Clark has offer for 5 MILLION DOLLARS

She can do both.
This.
Why wouldn’t she do both. The wnba doesn’t pay much and it’s not like she is going to be expected to dominate the big 3. She’ll play a little bit with the hopes she makes a couple of big plays.
I think the biggest concern for her would be playing with a men’s basketball. She will still have her abilities but she won’t be shooting any logo 3’s with the heavier ball. At least not as well as she shoots them now.

Last edited:
This.
Why wouldn’t she do both. The wnba doesn’t pay much and it’s not like she is going to be expected to dominate the big 3. She’ll play a little bit with the hopes she makes a couple of big plays.
I think the biggest concern for her would be playing with a men’s basketball. She will still have her abilities but she won’t be shooting any logo 3’s with the heavier ball. At least not as well as she shoots them now.
I think the WNBA would be foolish to stop it too. It's a way to increase their profile. If she does well in this league, with so few games, people will just be even more itching to watch her play in the WNBA.

Alot of "sisters" not going to be happy about this.
So what? If they had done what CC did, and the way she did it, maybe they'd have a similar opportunity. The jealousy and envy and hatred are sickening. Black players should know better than to be so overtly racist.

Or maybe CC should apologize for being born white, straight, and talented. LOL

Alot of "sisters" not going to be happy about this.
bitch please GIF

I watched a video of a game. I think Caitlyn would have trouble. Playing against men that are 6'6 and just as quick as she is. Also they would just body her to oblivion. And with a men's ball, I think she maybe couldn't adjust without a LOT of work. Interesting concept tho. I had never heard of Big3 before, so they are going for publicity I guess. Could be a hard decision - ton of money vs her reputation, etc.

I watched a video of a game. I think Caitlyn would have trouble. Playing against men that are 6'6 and just as quick as she is. Also they would just body her to oblivion. And with a men's ball, I think she maybe couldn't adjust without a LOT of work. Interesting concept tho. I had never heard of Big3 before, so they are going for publicity I guess. Could be a hard decision - ton of money vs her reputation, etc.
There will certainly be issues and she won't be able to run the floor the way she does now, but if they can set up screens and plays to get her looks she might be able to do something. But if people expect what they are seeing from her now on a court full of 6'6" men then they are going to be very disappointed. I'd say the $5 million is a huge risk but they aren't going to be paying for her skills, they are going to be paying for the marketing and publicity. That's a bit tougher to judge the value on.

She can do both.
And she would be the ONLY woman. Might be risky for her if they decide to "see whats she's made of playing against men". They said there would be a scheduling issue with 2 WNBA games, so the Fever might not be so inclined to let her "do both"....

There will certainly be issues and she won't be able to run the floor the way she does now, but if they can set up screens and plays to get her looks she might be able to do something. But if people expect what they are seeing from her now on a court full of 6'6" men then they are going to be very disappointed. I'd say the $5 million is a huge risk but they aren't going to be paying for her skills, they are going to be paying for the marketing and publicity. That's a bit tougher to judge the value on.
Exactly right. Big payday that could be a very bad decision long term, and she's not hurting for cash.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
I've never even heard of this league. but it sounds like an MTV reality show or something. mainly for fun. just show up on tv, have fun, make money. sounds like a good idea.
I've heard of them. I'll just say I'm not so sure how much "fun" it will be for her.

Part of me thinks this offer is being made knowing that she will turn it down. Women can't seriously compete against men in this sport and I find it kind of rude to offer money to be embarrassed or be the weak link on a team. The whole "empowerment" spiel is a big deflection. However, if her guard comes off her to double the ball and she gets a dish, she could score some buckets that way.

$5 million to be absolutely demolished by former NBA players, or any man with ability.

I'd do it.
BGriner grinning….🤷‍♂️. Whats a woman anyway, right? Take the cash, never know when the circus leaves town.

Zero chance she plays in a one-off league during the WNBA regular season against athletes whose physicality would increase her risk of injury. She likes endorsement deals and all, but she isn't going for a pure money grab at this stage in her career.

I understand Big 3 is trying to be a serious league, but... as a carnival side show, or a reinvention of the kind of thing the Globetrotters was, it sells itself as a genius gimmick. People would watch. If they can hire some writers from the WWF it would make for some entertaining television. With all the drama in the women's college game, it seems that's a big appeal for a segment of fans.

Otherwise, realistically, I wouldn't think Clark would actually do this. She has ingrained goals she's had since her childhood. And the different ball thing would be pretty damaging to her muscle memory.

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT