ADVERTISEMENT

New Story Caitlin Clark Wins Wooden Award, Sweeps Player of Year Awards

Wow! Caitlin is truly an amazing representative for women’s sports and the state of Iowa. Her answers to those questions after she won were AWESOME! What an amazing young woman she is. Very mature beyond her years.

LET’S GOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Reactions: mphawk
Clark is so deserving, and in some ways an obvious choice. But still hard to win, in part because basketball won last year, and because of crazy competition, e.g. Zhang, the UNC field hockey player etc.

I certainly agree with your comments always a little hesitant to wonder, but I stop and think of what she has done for women's basketball this last couple years and especially this year and I've never seen anything like it, at least for a long time, in any sport.

Reactions: AMAYS
Wow! Caitlin is truly an amazing representative for women’s sports and the state of Iowa. Her answers to those questions after she won were AWESOME! What an amazing young woman she is. Very mature beyond her years.

LET’S GOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Is intelligent and has class.

BTW, I've posted before, Bluder represents the University well by presenting herself on the sidelines in appropriate attire. The B1G and NCAA tourneys (and regular season) were evidence of the coaches opting for trashy dressing selections.

It's the game of basketball played in a gymnasium. Spiked heels and feathered boas don't cut it.

Last edited:
Is intelligent and has class.

BTW, I've posted before, Bluder represents the University well by presenting herself on the sidelines in appropriate attire. The B1G and NCAA tourneys (and regular season) were evidence of the coaches opting for trashy dressing selections.

It's the game of basketball played in a gymnasium. Spiked heels and feathered boas don't cut it.
Jan Jensen wears heels sometimes as well. Never seen her with a boa though, or an Elvis type outfit.....

Not to under estimate the significance of her winning some of these awards, but I mean really? Like there was another option. National player of the year on every voting platform. Honda Cup winner. ONLY women to score over 1000 points and 350 assists or whatever it was, ever. Redefined what dominating the NCAA tourney looks like..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT