ADVERTISEMENT

Caitlin was sick. Molly D was sick.

So she was sick and scored 31 pts. So how did the sickness change in Q4

She felt fantastic!

Until she didn’t apparently. 🤦🏽‍♂️

While you guys would be taking it easy/lying on a couch when sick, Caitlin was busting her ass trying to get a win.

Caitlin played 39 of the 40 minutes. Anyone with just a little bit of common sense would know she'd be pretty damn tired (where your legs are the first to go) in Q4 playing those many minutes AND not feeling well.

Any other questions?

Hopefully not.

Was she sick the first 3 qtrs when she was on triple double watch and then it kicked in at the beginning of the 4th qtr? I’m pretty fvcking stupid in a lot of ways, but I am a pretty astute observer. The fourth quarter just smells phishy as fvck to me but oh well, life goes on.
Bingo. We all know why she didn't score more in the 4th...

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
I'll have to watch again, but I think the biggest I saw in the 4th wasn't so much CC's lack of scoring. Whether it was being sick and exhausted, trying early to avoid setting the record on the road, or a bit of both, the offense didn't seem to run through her in the 4th. Multiple possessions where she rarely if ever touched the ball, that isn't the Iowa offense.

CC averaged 6.33 shots per quarter for quarters 1-3.

CC put up the same number of shots in the 4th qtr (6). She missed all 6 shots.

When you watch again, note how Debbie changed defenses and the Iowa offense went sideways.

I mean, they’re 22-3 and barring a series of losses down the stretch are almost a shoe-in to be a 1 or 2 seed; and a virtual lock to be a top 4 seed and host first two games. Regionals are east/west coast again -forgetting the cities so there’s not a huge geographical advantage to that.

People are freaking out a bit and to some extent there’s reason to be concerned about losing these leads…but at the same time it’s not like we’re losing to poor teams either.

I think we are finally starting to see more parity in WBB, too.

Do you now? Ridiculous. There is NO way that Bluder or Clark would risk losing the conference title to OSU (who is now a game up on Iowa) now #2 in the AP while Iowa fell to 4th, so she could break it at home.
Strategic master plan by Coach Bluder! Now Iowa gets to spank the No. 2 team in the country in the last regular season game, for everyone to see. ;)

She was exhausted all second half I think. From illness, and the constant mugging from Nebraska players.

Coley (sister of ex Hawk) plowed into her numerous times.

But it was plain bush leagued by Nebraska's Shelly to keep running in front of Hanna while she wasnt looking and flopping....Refs need to stop rewarding that garbage...it's not basketball play, and sucks all the way around. But a program like Nebraska and it's coach seemed to be desperate to find a way to beat Iowa once.

Nothing new for Coley, she knocked one of our players clear off the court under the basket a year or two ago, don't remember the name of our player. No foul called though.

I can’t believe people rly think Bluder / Clark would tank this game. Another great example of people throwing them under the bus. Losses happen. Especially when both your PGs are sick. When Clark chose Iowa over the blue bloods she had to make some sacrifices. She would have to carry the load — that comes with pros and cons. One con is that she doesn’t get sick days. Davis got to rest. Clark didn’t have that option. Even tho she was hocking back snot the whole game, she performed very well on national tv. She rested maybe 1 minute the entire game.

She still had an amazing stat line until she hit a wall. She played til she had nothing left. Had she kept taking (missing shots) everyone would be saying “she wanted the record so bad she couldn’t share” “too much hero ball” etc. It may be true that UNL wanted the win more (actually, I would say that’s almost a certainty) and it’s also true that we dont have enough talent to make up for our playmakers being sick. Complain about recruiting or defense. Even complain that Kate Martin had, what, 5 turnovers? But to suggest that they purposefully tanked or slow played the game or whatever is absolute BS.

I ask again, with fans like these — during a season where we have only lost three (!!!) games, where we have managed to create a better stat chart after losing our 2nd and 3rd best players — why come back for a fifth year? It doesn’t seem like we have her back right now. It seems like we want to bitch and moan bc we hate UNL more than we want to support our own. This reaction has been unbelievable. The season isn’t over, the world didn’t end. Clark has lost to Nebraska once in 9 games. Jfc.

Doesn't sound "good" as she speaks here.

This is a person with zero intention of throwing a fourth quarter so she could break a record elsewhere.

One of if not the most competitive athlete in Iowa sports history. You don’t just switch that off. She knew what that game and that Win meant to the team. So did Bluder!

To even suggest what has been asserted on here the last fews days is so God damned stupid it makes my head hurt.

Iowa fans suck.

I believe it! I work for UIHC and my department got hit hard with employees getting sick left and right with COVID like symptoms peeps just don’t want to get tested anymore… Real Woods was sick too not to long ago, ‘Tis the season.

Talking about padding stats, USC has been hovering around a 18-point lead for a long time and JuJu Waktins played until the final whistle.

When you watch again, note how Debbie changed defenses and the Iowa offense went sideways.
I already know how many shots she took and missed during the 4th quarter and that Nebraska played a box and 1. That isn't what I was talking about. She was gassed and no longer facilitating the offense for most of the 4th.

Reactions: DTP2
Ol' Doodle has been sick with upper respiratory "cold" type crap for 2 weeks now. Actually bad enough it caused Doodle to take a day off work last week...only the 7th in 34 years of professional life. Crud is going around and it's more than just a bad cold. High fever. Muscle weakness. Productive coughing fits to near passing out. Head pressure like you wouldn't believe. Going through a box of Kleenex per day, seriously.

In fact, Doodle was at urgent care (finally relented to Mrs. D's demands...no pic) Sunday waiting to be seen and watching the game on his phone, and there was a closeup of CC in the first half and she was sniffing, rubbing her nose, coughed a couple of times, holding one side of her nose trying to get clear air, etc. Right then Doodle knew she had some kind of crud. No surprise whatsoever to find out she was indeed sick.

Today is day 14, and it's the first morning in 2 weeks Ol' Doodle has woken up without a 10 minute coughing jag and eleventy-fourteen nose blows. Here's hoping Caitlin gets over it a helluva lot faster. And of course she will because she's a young (what is she...25? 😁), finely tuned, world-class athlete with access to the best care imaginable on staff and at UIHC...and not a stubborn old mule who waits 11 days before even thinking of seeking medical attention.

But the point is, this stuff this year is no joke. If Molly has something similar it certainly could explain her limited play the last couple of games.

Ol' Doodle has been sick with upper respiratory "cold" type crap for 2 weeks now. Actually bad enough it caused Doodle to take a day off work last week...only the 7th in 34 years of professional life. Crud is going around and it's more than just a bad cold. High fever. Muscle weakness. Productive coughing fits to near passing out. Head pressure like you wouldn't believe. Going through a box of Kleenex per day, seriously.

In fact, Doodle was at urgent care (finally relented to Mrs. D's demands...no pic) Sunday waiting to be seen and watching the game on his phone, and there was a closeup of CC in the first half and she was sniffing, rubbing her nose, coughed a couple of times, holding one side of her nose trying to get clear air, etc. Right then Doodle knew she had some kind of crud. No surprise whatsoever to find out she was indeed sick.

Today is day 14, and it's the first morning in 2 weeks Ol' Doodle has woken up without a 10 minute coughing jag and eleventy-fourteen nose blows. Here's hoping Caitlin gets over it a helluva lot faster. And of course she will because she's a young (what is she...25? 😁), finely tuned, world-class athlete with access to the best care imaginable on staff and at UIHC...and not a stubborn old mule who waits 11 days before even thinking of seeking medical attention.

But the point is, this stuff this year is no joke. If Molly has something similar it certainly could explain her limited play the last couple of games.

Good observations. Get well soon Doodle.

This is a person with zero intention of throwing a fourth quarter so she could break a record elsewhere.

One of if not the most competitive athlete in Iowa sports history. You don’t just switch that off. She knew what that game and that Win meant to the team. So did Bluder!

To even suggest what has been asserted on here the last fews days is so God damned stupid it makes my head hurt.

Iowa fans suck.
But, But, But there was a second shooter over there, on the grassy knoll.

But, But, But there was a second shooter over there, on the grassy knoll.
stiytitixse41.gif

ulm8x9dr6vq71.gif

I already know how many shots she took and missed during the 4th quarter and that Nebraska played a box and 1. That isn't what I was talking about. She was gassed and no longer facilitating the offense for most of the 4th.
Yep. The offense in the 4th quarter looked like it was straight out of the GDGD horizontal passing game playbook.

Do you now? Ridiculous. There is NO way that Bluder or Clark would risk losing the conference title to OSU (who is now a game up on Iowa) now #2 in the AP while Iowa fell to 4th, so she could break it at home.
Totally just a coincidence the only time she doesn't score in the 4th quarter was the game immediately before the opportunity to break the record on our home court.

• Love
Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
While you guys would be taking it easy/lying on a couch when sick, Caitlin was busting her ass trying to get a win.

Caitlin played 39 of the 40 minutes. Anyone with just a little bit of common sense would know she'd be pretty damn tired (where your legs are the first to go) in Q4 playing those many minutes AND not feeling well.

Any other questions?

Hopefully not.
Really, really dumb post.

You must know less about hoop than even I thought you did.

Nothing to be ashamed of. Just let others explain the truth of what happened Sunday.

Totally just a coincidence the only time she doesn't score in the 4th quarter was the game immediately before the opportunity to break the record on our home court.
Hey, think what you want, just not buying it. Frankly if Bluder had some plan to hold the leash on Clark, and it cost us the B1G title, then she should be terminated. Not that I believe any of it, but that should be a fireable act.....

This conspiracy theory shit makes no sense. If you rly think Bluder would do that, you should stop watching bc how would you ever trust her to coach well? I guess her 4 B1G titles since 2019 were all coincidences, or she cared more then and has given up.

This boards sounds like a UConn board tbh. This is how they talk about their kids — as if they are personally owed an undefeated season by them. No off days allowed. One L is reason enough to commit suicide. These kids don’t work for you and they owe you nothing. This is their season and we’re just along for the ride.

The Ls on this season amount to less than half the total of last season btw, and we are still ranked Top 5. This kind of outrage should be reserved for far worse. Ohio state was dq’d from post season play a few years back bc of recruiting violations. Scream all you want about something like that. One L away at a UNL team that had gone on record saying Iowa is the one team they all want to beat since their first day on campus? Good grief.

Last edited:
This conspiracy theory shit makes no sense. If you rly think Bluder would do that, you should stop watching bc how would you ever trust her to coach well? I guess her 4 B1G titles since 2019 were all coincidences, or she cared more then and has given up.

This boards sounds like a UConn hoard tbh. This is how they talk about their kids — as if they are personally owed Ws by them. No off days allowed. One L is reason enough to commit suicide.

The Ls on this season amount to less than half the total of last season btw, and we are still ranked Top 5. This kind of outrage should be reserved for far worse. Ohio state was dq’d from post season play a few years back bc of recruiting violations. Scream all you want about something like that. One L away at a UNL team that had gone on record saying Iowa is the one team they all want to beat since their first day on campus? Good grief.

I don't get all of the conspiracy theories, either.

I would rather go with the facts, which are:

* Caitlin scored 31 points for the game and was 0-6 in the 4th qtr. She obviously did not deliberately miss these 6 shots.

* Caitlin was not feeling well.

* Caitlin played 39 of the 40 minutes; her shots were short in the 4th qtr (tired legs?).

* Nebraska switched up their defense in the 4th qtr & Iowa clearly did not adjust well enough. Lisa even called an early time out to get the offense back on track and that did not work.

Shit happens in sporting events. The Minny men had a 20 point lead over Iowa and blew that game (Iowa won by 5).

* Caitlin scored 31 points for the game and was 0-6 in the 4th qtr. She obviously did not deliberately miss these 6 shots.

* Caitlin played 39 of the 40 minutes; her shots were short in the 4th qtr (tired legs?).

* Nebraska switched up their defense in the 4th qtr & Iowa clearly did not adjust well enough. Lisa even called an early time out to get the offense back on track and that did not work.

Shit happens in sporting events. The Minny men had a 20 point lead over Iowa and blew that game (Iowa won by 5).
And Garcia never came back in the game. They probably didn't want him to drop another 30 burger on the Hawks.....

More facts:
  • Kate Martin had 5 (6??) TOs
  • Stuelke and Clark missed multiple FTs
  • Our defense collapsed late (again)
  • Marshall missed wide open 3s
  • We have no athletic playmakers outside our 2 true PGs and they were both sick.
  • Our bench has shortened and taken a step back. Feuerbach, Goodman and O’Grady have not or are not able to step up like we need them to at this point in the season, especially when we’re short-handed.
All of those FACTS are why this game was lost. It had nothing to do with the record or tanking. Having Clark take more shots wasn’t going to win this game and if it did, it would have been a band aid on a gaping wound. This game should be quite the gut check moment for this team. It was a team L and their response needs to be a team one as well.

More facts:
  • Kate Martin had 5 (6??) TOs
  • Stuelke and Clark missed multiple FTs
  • Our defense collapsed late (again)
  • Marshall missed wide open 3s
  • We have no athletic playmakers outside our 2 true PGs and they were both sick.
  • Our bench has shortened and taken a step back. Feuerbach, Goodman and O’Grady have not or are not able to step up like we need them to at this point in the season, especially when we’re short-handed.
All of those FACTS are why this game was lost. It had nothing to do with the record or tanking. Having Clark take more shots wasn’t going to win this game and if it did, it would have been a band aid on a gaping wound. This game should be quite the gut check moment for this team. It was a team L and their response needs to be a team one as well.

Other major issues:

(1) 17 second chance pts for Nebraska (just 4 for Iowa)

(2) 16 Iowa turnovers (5 too many)

(3) 5 missed Iowa layups (Iowa officially was 17-22)

(4) Free throw shooting:

1-4 (25%) Hannah
6-9 (67%) Caitlin
2-2 Rest of team

Has anyone actually asked Bluder to comment on the conspiracy theory? I do not for a moment believe they risked losing to save breaking the record at home. I think Caitlin hit a wall being sick and she had nothing left to beat the defensive change and we tried to depend on the supporting cast finish the game and it didn't work. Possibly took it for granted that we wouldn't blow that lead to Nebraska. I would have expected the team to score more than 10 points even if Clark sat out fourth. Even then Nebraska had to be on fire.

Okay I'm about sick of some of you dipshits. I copied and pasted my earlier post that evidently some of you didn't read, here it is, read it this time how about...

"They most definitely wanted to break the record in iowa city. Here's what I think happen. Caitlin had 31 at the end of 3 qts and they were up pretty good. So the plan was to coast with cc not scoring the rest of the way thinking teammates could keep the lead. Well they couldn't and by the time they realized it they didn't respond well and were out of sorts and nebby was right back in the game and hit some big shots and ended up winning"

To you fockin bozos that think we are saying they "tanked/lost the game on purpose, well let's just say I have a box of rocks smarter than you. The above is what happened so get over it, admit your wrong. I know you hate to but dooooo itttttttt

I think Molly Davis's ball handling and ability to bend the zone that Nebby was using in the 2nd half was a big loss for Iowa. Molly's 3 pt shooting was missed also

But I also thought Kate Marting did some drives but didnt take them up strong to make the bucket and draw the foul. Hannah played well but went up soft under the bucket after a very good pass to her and she missed the bunny and she was probably bumped. It woud be great to see her explode up on those very close in shots

Reactions: not_mantiteo
Connor was at the men's game, saw him in the crowd! He clearly has an alibi.
I dont think Jonesy was blaming Connor for anything that happened around game time. You do know how colds and flu get spread dont you?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT