ADVERTISEMENT

California professor, writer of confidential Brett Kavanaugh letter, speaks out about her allegation

Imo, this sinks Kavanaugh. The fact that his alleged victim has officially come forward, is a highly respected psychologist, and that she has proof of rape counseling from at least six years ago describing these specific events makes her claims plausible if not likely.

It's not enough for a criminal suit but looks like more than enough to make Senators like Collins to reconsider their vote.

Last edited:
Imo, this sinks Kavanaugh. The fact that his alleged victim has officially come forward, is a highly respected psychologist, and that she has proof of rape counseling from at least six years ago describing these specific events makes her claims plausible if not likely.

It's not enough for a criminal suit but looks like more than enough to make Senators like Collins to reconsider their vote.
you should love him to be appointed. he's pro ghey marriage catholic Jesuit and pro abortion.

So she never spoke of it for 30+ years but her memory now or in 2012 is exactly clear. There is no evidence of anything like this in the judges character, and scores of women that knew him as a young man publicly have vouched for his character. Plus he was 17 years old at the time and has shown nothing but for respect for women as an adult. Just about as pathetic as you can go in my opinion.

Why now ? Evidently this came out in therapy in 2012? The incident allegedly happens over 30 yrs ago and now this.

I think this sux in general. Is she pressing charges now. Or is it just now she wants to go public because it was going to be leaked?

Reactions: Lurker1999
So she never spoke of it for 30+ years but her memory now or in 2012 is exactly clear. There is no evidence of anything like this in the judges character, and scores of women that knew him as a young man publicly have vouched for his character. Plus he was 17 years old at the time and has shown nothing but for respect for women as an adult. Just about as pathetic as you can go in my opinion.
In other words-
It didn't happen, but if it did it doesn't count anyways.

He was “stumbling drunk” according to the professor. And, you know what the scientists say about underdeveloped teen brains.

Alternatively - if it is accurate, if he had been charged back then there’s no way he would’ve made it to this point. Again, if accurate, part of the #metoo movement is about our immediate reaction to dismiss allegations and side with men.

In other words-
Giving her the benefit of the doubt that she is not making this up to score political points, I’d say her memory is unreliable.

Assuming that it did happen the way she describes, it is obviously nothing to be proud of but shouldn’t keep him off the court since he has been a model citizen since.

Alternatively - if it is accurate, if he had been charged back then there’s no way he would’ve made it to this point. Again, if accurate, part of the #metoo movement is about our immediate reaction to dismiss allegations and side with men.
17 year old boys don’t get charged with sexual assault for feeling up a classmate. You have been out of high school too long.

I’m not saying it’s good. I sure wouldn’t want it to be my daughter. But kids going through puberty is an awkward time.

In other words-

Your side lost, get over it and move on. Kav is the choice and needs to be put on the court.

The left always pulls this bs. They did it with Thomas and are now doing it with Kav.

Pretty simple, run someone who isnt going to give away everything and win an election.

This is a disgusting new tactic by the left. Kav will and should be confirmed.
not really new. they just were wayyyy too late. they got out in front of judge roy moore way earlier and got the false narrative to grow legs and start crawling and walking. they should have come out with this months ago and they may have had a shot with it.

I have mixed feelings about this. She deserves to have her voice heard. I am troubled as to why it's happening now, and why Feinstein sat on the information. I guess we need to know if this was the choice of the woman.
Kavanaugh deserves to fail for a myriad of other reasons. This may just be a shield for him that activates the far right. Kavanaugh deserves to fail because of the fact that a far right think tank drummed up his name over far more qualified jurists, he thinks birth control pills are the same thing as abortion on demand, and that he is being planted on the SCOTUS as a guaranteed vote in Trump's favor if important cases involving him come forward.

Reactions: Finance85
Your side lost, get over it and move on. Kav is the choice and needs to be put on the court.

The left always pulls this bs. They did it with Thomas and are now doing it with Kav.

Pretty simple, run someone who isnt going to give away everything and win an election.
So you are 100% discounting the woman's story.

Anymore, I don't believe much that comes from politicians on either side. The letter was there in July and we just found out about it.

I have been involved with numerous cases like this in my previous career.

Let's just say a lot of time has passed and there are 2 sides to the story. 30 years later is past the time to be bringing it up.

Show me some physical evidence and I am with ya, otherwise, it is time to confirm and move on.

Apparently she has passed a polygraph over this. Kav is done.
Chuck Grassley says hello! He's packed the Judiciary with old white guys to make sure it was a friendly environment. Chuck and Mitch will ram this nomination through.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
I have mixed feelings about this. She deserves to have her voice heard. I am troubled as to why it's happening now, and why Feinstein sat on the information. I guess we need to know if this was the choice of the woman.
Kavanaugh deserves to fail for a myriad of other reasons. This may just be a shield for him that activates the far right. Kavanaugh deserves to fail because of the fact that a far right think tank drummed up his name over far more qualified jurists, he thinks birth control pills are the same thing as abortion on demand, and that he is being planted on the SCOTUS as a guaranteed vote in Trump's favor if important cases involving him come forward.

The court is already overwhelmingly Catholic, as was Kennedy. BAU.

7xbulrtu10711.jpg

Funny how the same party that uses memes like these about charges that were so stupid they were dropped, refuses to even consider allegations about someone who is being considered for a lifetime appointment.

where did you come up with this?

Mark my words. Kav will withdraw his name because of this. Other women will come forward with their own stories and Kav will decide to step aside rather than put him and his family through the ringer of hearings and investigations over this matter. Republicans can't simply sweep this under the rug. They have no choice but to take these allegations supremely serious and take the appropriate steps to find out what happened.

Reactions: TC Nole OX
7xbulrtu10711.jpg

Funny how the same party that uses memes like these about charges that were so stupid they were dropped, refuses to even consider allegations about someone who is being considered for a lifetime appointment.
when the compost and Feinstein are doing it.....

Mark my words. Kav will withdraw his name because of this. Other women will come forward with their own stories and Kav will decide to step aside rather than put him and his family through the ringer of hearings and investigations over this matter. Republicans can't simply sweep this under the rug. They have no choice but to take these allegations supremely serious and take the appropriate steps to find out what happened.
ok, we will hold you to this when he gets confirmed.

Chuck Grassley says hello! He's packed the Judiciary with old white guys to make sure it was a friendly environment. Chuck and Mitch will ram this nomination through.
They won't. Even Chuck knows that he can't ignore this. I'd be surprised if Chuck wasn't already crafting plan B for who to nominate after the election. He knows that Kav is dead in the water to get a vote.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT