ADVERTISEMENT

Camping for tailgating

BrunoMars420

HR Legend
Feb 14, 2016
Who here camps when they go tailgating for football? Buying a Travel Trailer and thought this was a fantastic idea to do as I want to go to a lot of stadiums around the nation. If they allow Travel trailers to park and chill in the parking lot for a couple of days that would be ideal but planned on finding the nearest campground/place to boondocks then just tailgate out of my truck at the stadium

Reactions: iamahawki and WSC72
Who here camps when they go tailgating for football? Buying a Travel Trailer and thought this was a fantastic idea to do as I want to go to a lot of stadiums around the nation. If they allow Travel trailers to park and chill in the parking lot for a couple of days that would be ideal but planned on finding the nearest campground/place to boondocks then just tailgate out of my truck at the stadium
Last I knew there was an "RV" section in Lot 75 near Banks Field and across the street from CHA. Other than that I think they allow RV's near Finkbine. West Overlook (no reservations), Tailwater West and East are right off Dubuque Street and are COE parks. Kent Park west of Tiffin is another option.

As far RVing to football games, you'd need to check each school web site for tailgating rules. Obviously, you'd want to start north in the fall and then work your way west or south due to weather. Also, buy a generator!

CSB/ I was in Birmingham, Al for a wedding and went golfing at a local state park. I played with a couple of guys who did this and were camping at that park and were down for the NASCAR race at Talladega. They were retired and bounced around following Bama during the fall.

Reactions: BrunoMars420
I have done this for years now with my truck camper. Since I have gone to all of the Big Ten stadiums at least three times or more, I tailgate and go to mostly SEC stadiums on weekends of away Iowa games or bye week. It's great when there is an away game before or after the bye as I just stay on the road.
I find the closest national park, corps of engineers, private campground, state, county, local in that order as those are best to least as far as facilities go. Not always true, but 90%.
I tailgate out of my truck as I have everything with me anyway while camping. I do have a Honda generator, satellite, and a small T.V. to watch Big Ten games before going in the stadium. SEC tends to have a bunch of late games because of the heat so it is/can be an all day deal. Highly recommend The Grove, Tiger, Kyle field, Bryant-Denny, Sanford, Doak Campbell as starters.

Last I knew there was an "RV" section in Lot 75 near Banks Field and across the street from CHA. Other than that I think they allow RV's near Finkbine. West Overlook (no reservations), Tailwater West and East are right off Dubuque Street and are COE parks. Kent Park west of Tiffin is another option.

As far RVing to football games, you'd need to check each school web site for tailgating rules. Obviously, you'd want to start north in the fall and then work your way west or south due to weather. Also, buy a generator!

CSB/ I was in Birmingham, Al for a wedding and went golfing at a local state park. I played with a couple of guys who did this and were camping at that park and were down for the NASCAR race at Talladega. They were retired and bounced around following Bama during the fall.
Yeah I wasn’t sure if lot 75 was motor RVs or both motored and travel trailers

Yeah from what I’ve read you can camp the night before then leave the day after the hawks game. It doesn’t sound too bad

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT