ADVERTISEMENT

Parking tomorrow for women's game

ConvenientParking

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jun 28, 2016
Just spent a lot on StubHub to go solo to IC to see Her last game in Carver. Not going to try park near Carver, where is the best place within 1-2 miles to park and walk? Not up to date with current parking situation especially for basketball. I do see lots 43, 65, and 75 are open to public but I'm going to assume those fill up before I get to Iowa City. Don't want to take spot in hospital ramp. Will be taking 30 from Des Moines to avoid cluster eff of semis and out-of-staters since I'll have the extra time, so I'll be coming in from SW edge of Cedar Rapids basically. Willing to pay for parking just preparing for official basketball lots being full when I get to town around 5:45-6:00 wanna be close enough to walk starting at 6 and easily getting there before tip off.

May be the winner. What's the rate? Assuming hoops cheaper than football for Finkbine?
Since you are such a good poster, here is a pro tip for you. Yes, park in the Finkbine lot but DO NOT enter off Hawkins Drive. Instead take 30 to 380/218, Melrose exit, then enter Finkbine Golf Course parking lot off Melrose and continue on the service road which ends up at the top of Lot 65. Park near the top, and you will get right in and right out after the game. No charge for that lot for basketball games. About a ten minute walk. I would get there about 90 minutes before the game though. And that goes for any WBB game this year.

Since you are such a good poster, here is a pro tip for you. Yes, park in the Finkbine lot but DO NOT enter off Hawkins Drive. Instead take 30 to 380/218, Melrose exit, then enter Finkbine Golf Course parking lot off Melrose and continue on the service road which ends up at the top of Lot 65. Park near the top, and you will get right in and right out after the game. No charge for that lot for basketball games. About a ten minute walk. I would get there about 90 minutes before the game though. And that goes for any WBB game this year.
Thanks for the advice and the compliment!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT