ADVERTISEMENT

Can someone explain why childless, single working women is a bad thing?

Well the wedding is about the bride and groom not some special needs kids being so distracting. I take it nobody wants to babysit your kids that’s why you don’t go? Sounds like it might be a nice break for you and the Mrs…
Children don’t belong at most weddings unless specifically invited.
I was a flower girl at a wedding when I was 6 years old and I punched the ring bearer at the reception because he stuck his tongue out at me. He started crying and made a scene and I got in trouble. Little twit had no business being there while I was a perfect princess. 👑

I was a flower girl at a wedding when I was 6 years old and I punched the ring bearer at the reception because he stuck his tongue out at me. He started crying and made a scene and I got in trouble. Little twit had no business being there while I was a perfect princess. 👑
You don’t take crap from anybody and that started when you were 6 🤣

Sounds like a way to make the rich richer. The people who's children are most likely to NEVER need government assistance are people who are wealthy who have the best connections and can afford to pay for everything their children need if their children fall back on them.

Besides a productive member of society is someone who works period. We need McDonald's employees too as much as everyone talks about it being a "job for high schoolers" they fail to explain to me who's going to serve food at lunchtime on a weekday during the fall, winter and spring.
Or maybe reward parents who raise their kids to be productive members society…🙄

Our birthrate has been below replacement rate for at least the last 40 years. However, a steady inflow of immigrants has made up the difference so we've had a slightly growing population until the last decade or so where it has leveled off. Immigration is the main reason we have not suffered many of the issue that Germany and especially Japan are having with an aging population. It's a big part of the reason why I just don't understand why so many people want to stop all immigration.
Not “all” immigration, just illegal immigration. The U.S. certainly needs legal immigrants. Heck, we are a “melting pot” country built on immigrants, but the difference is that historically immigrants have assimilated into this country, such as learned English, etc. Now it seems that many, many immigrants have no desire to assimilate, learn English, etc.

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
All you’ve done in this thread is tell people they’re selfish because they’re not living their lives how YOU think they should be.
Yeah, but maybe it's better for them (or some of them) to live his way. Just like it's better for a lot of people to give up the comforts of their parents basements.

Neither is wrong in a philosophical sense, which is what you and others seem to be arguing. But you could argue both are selfish and short sighted in that they place temporary individualistic pleasures over deeper pleasures to be accrued with time.

Not “all” immigration, just illegal immigration. The U.S. certainly needs legal immigrants. Heck, we are a “melting pot” country built on immigrants, but the difference is that historically immigrants have assimilated into this country, such as learned English, etc. Now it seems that many, many immigrants have no desire to assimilate, learn English, etc.
Yeah, the GOP is going to have to not sabotage every bipartisan piece of immigration legislation for this statement to have any validity. They don't get to claim being for "legal" immigration and then f*****g up every chance they have to actually show it.

I feel the opposite…children belong at weddings, unless specifically uninvited. Weddings are family gatherings, oftentimes with families that live far apart, that haven’t seen one another for a long time. So, it’s a good way to catch up on all family members…including children.

The CONGRESS needs to get their asses to work and write a new immigration bill. It’sCongress’ job….NOT the President’s responsibility!
Tge last one they wrote was back in Junior’s day as President..and 10 conservative (MAGA) congressmen tied up the entire bill. Andrew have been Fightin’ and ruling immigration by EO and court fights ever since! Congress…..do your damn job…The southern border is not a just a political photo-op!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT