ADVERTISEMENT

Can someone explain why childless, single working women is a bad thing?

Does anyone know where this area might be in and around Pueblo, CO?
I’ve never been but it does in fact occur and often is no more than a gathering spot off an expressway ramp. I’ve actually seen it in Dallas when we lived there.

When he does that, take him outside.

You continue to come off as a very entitled person who expects everyone else to acquiesce to your views and manage your challenges. Get over yourself.

The only time we've been inside a restaurant in the last 4 years was at Disney World. I'm certainly not expecting people do to anything. I think they should be more tolerant of children and maybe more people would have them. But people like YOU clearly expect us to hide away until our children are perfect angels and never ever misbehave.

And don't tell me how to raise my kids. You've probably never raised one autistic kid let alone 2.

Reactions: goldmom
Not saying it is a bad thing, however women without kids appear to be less empathetic than women who do.

I only am going off of conversations I've had when there is conflict between females.

Calling in or leaving early because of kids, when school is out. Why do you baby or pamper your kids so much?

It happens
Yeah….men are soooo understanding when it comes to dealing with women who are not their wives and children who are are not theirs! :rolleyes:

The only time we've been inside a restaurant in the last 4 years was at Disney World. I'm certainly not expecting people do to anything. I think they should be more tolerant of children and maybe more people would have them. But people like YOU clearly expect us to hide away until our children are perfect angels and never ever misbehave.
You're making things up know. I don't expect kids to be perfect and mild outbursts or laughter or other disruption is not only fine but enjoyable to see. A kid carrying on with yelling, tantrums, etc. is something a good parent should address and either get stopped or removed immediately. Children need to be corrected when they are misbehaving, otherwise they never learn that it is misbehavior.

Parents like you expect others to put up with the misbehavior because you don't want to deal with it. It's lazy, bad for the kid and inconsiderate to others. Another indication of just how self absorbed you are.

Seems to me all this "selfish" talk coming from you has been projection. You come off as extremely selfish and entitled.

Always thought they should give tax credits to the elderly whose now adult children are tax paying citizens and have never required government assistance. Nothing wrong if someone does need government aid at some point in their life. But this could be a reward to those parents who raised productive members of society.
Some cities do give a property tax break to Seniors. The first $25K of SSI is not taxed.
As a widow I receive an exemption on the first $5000 of my property appraised tax value.
AARP membership provides me with discounts on a wide range of things.
My adult children are taxpayers with no criminal records who don’t receive any subsidies or support from a government agency. They really don’t expect any but likely would accept it in some unforeseen emergency circumstance. Most of us would and I don’t think anyone should object to that.

All you’ve done in this thread is tell people they’re selfish because they’re not living their lives how YOU think they should be.

My concern is that too many people are making that choice and it's a choice that is going to cost us in the future especially if immigration ever dries up.

My concern is that too many people are making that choice and it's a choice that is going to cost us in the future especially if immigration ever dries up.
Stop doubling down. Jesus Christ man. People like you are why a growing number of folks no longer go to church and are no longer religious. You religious kooks don’t know when to stop.

And you've been shown to be wrong about that yet you still bang the drum. While simultaneously demonstrating that you are the selfish person in all of this.

If a child is just being a kid, I agree. However, if they are having a temper tantrum and making a scene an adult should remove them from the restaurant until the child is able to control themselves. It's better for the child and the other customers for them to not become the center of attention of the entire establishment.
This times 1,000. People dining out are spending a good bit more money these days to do so and it should be a fairly enjoyable experience.
Imposing your children’s behaviors on them is not the most considerate of you. But I bet you know that and for whatever reason have decided to ignore a courtesy to others.
It has nothing to do with saying “deal with it”.
Get a sitter and enjoy an evening together with just the two of you. All parents like an occasional break.

Stop doubling down. Jesus Christ man. People like you are why a growing number of folks no longer go to church and are no longer religious. You religious kooks don’t know when to stop.

So you don't think it is at all a concern at a below replacement rate birth rate and factors outside of our control could lead to immigration drying up and a population drop?

You're making things up know. I don't expect kids to be perfect and mild outbursts or laughter or other disruption is not only fine but enjoyable to see. A kid carrying on with yelling, tantrums, etc. is something a good parent should address and either get stopped or removed immediately. Children need to be corrected when they are misbehaving, otherwise they never learn that it is misbehavior.

Parents like you expect others to put up with the misbehavior because you don't want to deal with it. It's lazy, bad for the kid and inconsiderate to others. Another indication of just how self absorbed you are.

Seems to me all this "selfish" talk coming from you has been projection. You come off as extremely selfish and entitled.

My kids don't throw tantrums. They just talk very very loudly. As in when my kids are talking I can't have a conversation with my wife sitting right next to me in the car because their sound completely overpowers anything we're saying.

I was never talking about tantrums. People get upset about kids being loud.

So you don't think it is at all a concern at a below replacement rate birth rate and factors outside of our control could lead to immigration drying up and a population drop?
No. Birth rate is outside of "our" control. Immigration hasn't dried up in 200+ years, there's nothing to suggest it will in the future.

Reactions: McLovin32
Until yesterday there has never been a single thought in my mind about the birth rate ever in my life. And you are REALLY ****ing weird if it’s something that bothers you on a regular basis.

Can someone point out where childless working women were complained about? I don't see the point of a thread now 10 pages long

My kids don't throw tantrums. They just talk very very loudly.

Then teach them to talk more quietly or take them outside. It's pretty simple. You're allowing your children to disturb others because you're too lazy to deal with the issue and want everyone else to adapt. That's being entitled and it's bullshit.

Until yesterday there has never been a single thought in my mind about the birth rate ever in my life. And you are REALLY ****ing weird if it’s something that bothers you on a regular basis.

You should probably look at how things are going in Japan and consider things40 to 60 years into the future and not just the next 10 years into the future.

I'm not saying it bothers me on a regular basis. I just consider it a long term concern much as I do climate change.

Can someone point out where childless working women were complained about? I don't see the point of a thread now 10 pages long
You must not be paying attention.

“To be a little stark about this, I think we have to go to war against the anti-child ideology that exists in our country,” Vance answered, adding that people who support women prioritizing their careers over having children are “sad, lonely, pathetic” people.

Vance’s comments about families and motherhood have been under particular scrutiny since his nomination. A 2021 speech he gave at an Intercollegiate Studies Institute conference — in which he said Vice President Kamala Harris is among the Democratic Party’s “childless cat ladies” and “has no physical commitment to the future of this country,” because she does not have biological children ― has fueled extensive criticism.

In that same speech, Vance also said that Americans without children should not have “nearly the same voice” as parents when voting.

“It’s just a basic fact: You look at Kamala Harris, Pete Buttigieg, AOC, the entire future of the Democrats is controlled by people without children,” Vance doubled down to far-right media figure Tucker Carlson days later. “And how does it make any sense that we’ve turned our country over to people that don’t have a direct stake in it?”

The resurfaced comments brought immediate backlash across the political spectrum, as “childless cat ladies” backing Harris have started embracing the term.

Then teach them to talk more quietly or take them outside. It's pretty simple. You're allowing your children to disturb others because you're too lazy to deal with the issue and want everyone else to adapt. That's being entitled and it's bullshit.

Yeah you have no idea what it's like to raise autistic children. It doesn't matter how much you try to "deal with the behavior". They arn't able to understand the volume of their voices in a lot of ways.

Like I said my neurotypical daughter does just fine.

You should probably look at how things are going in Japan and consider things40 to 60 years into the future and not just the next 10 years into the future.

I'm not saying it bothers me on a regular basis. I just consider it a long term concern much as I do climate change.
In 40 to 60 years the Boomers will be gone and there will be far less people to take care of, due to the lower birth rate.

Yeah you have no idea what it's like to raise autistic children. It doesn't matter how much you try to "deal with the behavior". They arn't able to understand the volume of their voices in a lot of ways.

Like I said my neurotypical daughter does just fine.
I do and they are well capable of learning proper behavior.

I’m good. Like I said, I’m selfish and I’m far more concerned with taking care of problems in my family’s life than I am addressing any problems with the world birth rate.

Once again, you don’t want to be told how to raise your kids, and we don’t want to be scolded and called selfish for not having them. You’re INCREDIBLY annoying and have an INCREDIBLY narrow minded view of the world.

Yeah sorry dude. I’ve got quite a few things to worry about in life, and the birth rate being below replacement is pretty damn low on that list.

I know I know, super selfish of me.

I think we can all agree that you not procreating is a net benefit to society.

It’s not unique to the US. It’s happening in many places around the globe.
Think about the historical need to have a large brood. People had 8-9 kids way back in the day because infant and childhood mortality was such a factor. Ignorance about “family” planning was common. And since farming and self-sustenance agriculture was prevalent those kids were needed to help work the land.
When America experienced its great waves of immigrants in the 1800’s many Europeans arrived and stayed in Eastern cities, living in tenements that couldn’t house such large families. The exceptions were Scandinavian and German immigrants who wanted land and weren’t afraid of venturing out of cities into the “wilderness” beyond the Hudson River. And the Great Lakes winters were not so different than back in their old countries.
The Depression forced limits in family sizes as well. And postwar families in places like Japan faced food shortages that necessity limited family size.
Women today simply cannot afford to stay home and raise 7-8 kids in a consumer driven society.
My Dad was the eldest of ten children from immigrant parents. His siblings all had smaller families and his was the largest - four kids.

Most females do have an interest in reproducing but if they don’t have a life partner to share the responsibility it’s incredibly difficult - as many know from their own childhood. It just seems like some men in this thread are asking about childless females. Have they forgotten it takes two? Or that it should?

My kids don't throw tantrums. They just talk very very loudly. As in when my kids are talking I can't have a conversation with my wife sitting right next to me in the car because their sound completely overpowers anything we're saying.

Hearing tests are normal?

It’s not unique to the US. It’s happening in many places around the globe.
Think about the historical need to have a large brood. People had 8-9 kids way back in the day because infant and childhood mortality was such a factor. Ignorance about “family” planning was common. And since farming and self-sustenance agriculture was prevalent those kids were needed to help work the land.
When America experienced its great waves of immigrants in the 1800’s many Europeans arrived and stayed in Eastern cities, living in tenements that couldn’t house such large families. The exceptions were Scandinavian and German immigrants who wanted land and weren’t afraid of venturing out of cities into the “wilderness” beyond the Hudson River. And the Great Lakes winters were not so different than back in their old countries.
The Depression forced limits in family sizes as well. And postwar families in places like Japan faced food shortages that be necessity limited family size.
Women today simply cannot afford to stay home and raise 7-8 kids in a consumer driven society.
My Dad was the eldest of ten children from immigrant parents. His siblings all had smaller families and his was the largest - four kids.

Most females do have an interest in reproducing but if they don’t have a life partner to share the responsibility it’s incredibly difficult - as many know from their own childhood. It just seems like some men in this thread are asking about childless females. Have they forgotten it takes two? Or that it should?

I don't disagree, it takes 2. Men should get married too and raise children and be active parents in my view.

I'm also not advocating for 8 children again. If people want to do that, that's fine but that's not what I want.

And I know we arn't the only country having this issue. But I feel like it's an issue that we've ignored for a long time and should be considered a little more front and center.

Hearing tests are normal?

Yes, again it's a part of being autistic.

Yes, again it's a part of being autistic.

What do you do about it at church?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT