ADVERTISEMENT

Can we fire him now?

I’m not sure anyone can make an argument that he should stay that would convince me. He either doesn’t care or is just a shitty coach. And I think he cares.
Agreed. Fran has been... okay. I'm just convinced that to win at a higher level you need to rebound, play defense, and have quick and athletic guards. I have no reason to think we'll ever have those things while Fran is here.

You guys suck ass.
Wait ... are you talking to us, and not Fran?

stephen-a-smith-wait-wait.gif

There will never be another men’s basketball head coach at a power conference program who is allowed to remain for 14 years without ever making it to at least a Sweet Sixteen in the NCAA tournament.

Iowa has allowed this to occur, and many posters on this site (plus nearly all of the Iowa media) are insistent that Fran comes back for year 15.

There will never be another men’s basketball head coach at a power conference program who is allowed to remain for 14 years without ever making it to at least a Sweet Sixteen in the NCAA tournament.

Iowa has allowed this to occur, and many posters on this site (plus nearly all of the Iowa media) are insistent that Fran comes back for year 15.
Come on now.

Coaches can't be fairly evaluated until Year 20.

Therefore, its ok to call for Kirk's retirement because he's in Year 25/26 now.

In the current environment of perpetual free agency, a good team (that is a threat to make the Sweet 16) can be built in one off-season. I look forward to another one to three years of apathy until there are actually rules limiting player movement. Then Fran can step away, leaving behind a 3-4 year program overhaul project just like it was when he arrived.

In the current environment of perpetual free agency, a good team (that is a threat to make the Sweet 16) can be built in one off-season. I look forward to another one to three years of apathy until there are actually rules limiting player movement. Then Fran can step away, leaving behind a 3-4 year program overhaul project just like it was when he arrived.

Why would an overhaul take 3-4 years? You said yourself that a good team (a threat to make the sweet 16) can be built in one off season. Seems pretty easy. Let’s do it.

Why would an overhaul take 3-4 years? You said yourself that a good team (a threat to make the sweet 16) can be built in one off season. Seems pretty easy. Let’s do it.

Good point. We'll probably completely miss out on the "one year rebuild with NIL portal" era.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT