ADVERTISEMENT

Can we talk football?

Many good story lines going into the year for the Hawks.

Indy or bust?

Brian performance metrics.

What happens when the team that lived by the motto of building up 2 stars and culture has to go buy itself an offense?

Do we finally have an above average oline?

What awards will CDJ win?

Reactions: hawkeyetraveler
Many good story lines going into the year for the Hawks.

Indy or bust?

Brian performance metrics.

What happens when the team that lived by the motto of building up 2 stars and culture has to go buy itself an offense?

Do we finally have an above average oline?

What awards will CDJ win?
You left out the most interesting story line. You and GDR's dance off.

Reactions: Moral
USA vs Mexico tonight. Should be a blast finally watching real football again.
Take this crap to the Trans and Trump forum!

Georgia has a great team and an easy schedule. Not sure about the 'Noles, they play in the sissy ACC so don't deserve my attention. As for Iowa, its BIG title game or bust assuming portal boys perform. While I am concerned about the OL, I'm equally or more concerned about WR. Yes, we have very capable TE's, but outside of Nico Rag, no one is proven, and I am not at all thrilled to have NR as the lead WR.

Reactions: Lindemann
The OL was as bad as we’ve been forced to watch since 1999/2000. Even the 2007 OL was better than 2022. I think we had a C and a RT who were completely unprepared and shouldn’t have been on the field and it made everyone else’s job harder. Senior OL under KF get drafted or sign as FA’s. It’s a near certainty. The fact that Jack Plumb will find himself as far away from an NFL roster this fall as you or I, is very telling. If every individual position is 10% better, the cumulative effect will be substantial. The left side of Richman/Colby/Feth can be top 5 in the conference IF the mental side is competent. I refuse to believe Feth isn’t coming in to start. Jones was terrible. We have a slew of young guards that I actually feel pretty good about. The huge ?? is RT. If Parker isn’t an upgrade over DeJong, then ignore a bunch of this cuz the OL will be a mess again.

But…. I like him as a person and I think he showed incredible maturity and toughness, I wish him nothing but the best in every aspect of his life moving forward. I feel horrible that he was the sacrificial lamb last season. Spencer Petras was abysmal. The reads and throws that he missed…holy shit. It was bad. Brian does a decent job of scheming stuff open. And Spencer routinely missed. The pick 6 against OSU was one of the most egregious “WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU SEEING?!?!” moments I’ve ever seen from a QB. Had a wide open TD against Illinois that he somehow managed to not even look at the MAIN GUY THE PLAY WAS MEANT FOR. The first bowl game against Kentucky…I could go on and on and on and on. It was comical. Cade is a huge, huge improvement.
Most of the problem with Spencer was mental. He was broken. U could see it vs the Jackrabbits. Add an OL that rarely did it's job. I'm sure he never felt confident in the pocket either. Similar to any sport once the confidence goes that's all she wrote.

As I always predict for the Hawkeyes, 10-2, and we'll witness the unleashing of a hellfire offense like college football has never seen before this year. Literally 26-27 points a game on average.

I know this is a Trump and Trans forum, but maybe we can change the subject and talk football. 🏈

First off, UGA has the easiest schedule out there. Good grief what a joke.

What do you guys think about Iowa and FSU's schedules? What are your realistic projections for the season?

Well, the SEC schedule will be tough, but was Iwo Jima A&M unavailable for the non conference schedule?

I'll be extremely disappointed if Iowa doesn't manage to put 8 wins together in the regular season. With this schedule it's easily achievable by any competent team with our level of talent.

I think FSU could surprise, the LSU and Clemson games are important, but very early. Win one or both of those and you may really have a special season.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
The thing that is annoying about Iowa's oline, is that it always feels like the line isn't as good as the sum of the parts.

Kirk's got this great OL reputation and there are legitimate stars like Wirfs, Scherff, Linderbaum, Reiff, lots of them, and plenty of other All B1G, multiyear NFL guys, but despite a bunch of excellent individual offensive lineman, we rarely actually have a excellent/dominant/high performing line as a unit.

I don't know how much of that is the zone scheme itself, or just the way we teach/execute the zone scheme.

It's great to have all these NFL ready lineman and argue OL-U stuff, but it's a shame how little that translates to actual in game unit sucess.

I don't envy UF's 2024 schedule. They're playing FSU, Miami, Texas, LSU, Tenn and A&M.

Would be nice if they lost all 6 as well.

Anyone else see where Jax will be renovating their stadium and Georgia/Florida might be headed to Daytona for a couple years?

Lachey and All will be better.
They could certainly be more productive with a competent quarterback and OL, but that does not mean the tandem is better. Laporta is pretty damn good and is tearing up the Lion’s camps.

Would be nice if they lost all 6 as well.

Anyone else see where Jax will be renovating their stadium and Georgia/Florida might be headed to Daytona for a couple years?

Just in the stands, the Daytona International Speedway can seat more than 100,000 fans.

Mascot Kicker GIF by Crash Bandicoot

I know this is a Trump and Trans forum, but maybe we can change the subject and talk football. 🏈

First off, UGA has the easiest schedule out there. Good grief what a joke.

What do you guys think about Iowa and FSU's schedules? What are your realistic projections for the season?

Florida on the other hand...

Holy shit. Looking like 5 wins maybe.
FyqdVslWcAAQNKX

What I'm really scared of are the following sequence of numbers, 1997--2010--2023.

This year I'll be expecting it though, so not sure how I can be that disappointed/crushed.

It's still the Kirk/Brian offense.

I'm really excited for Oregon State this year. Big season last year. 4 of 5 OL back, new OL transfer, new QB transfer, returning WRs and RB. This offense is going to go off.
If it isn’t Levar, I want Jonathan Smith to be Iowa’s next coach.

If it isn’t Levar, I want Jonathan Smith to be Iowa’s next coach.
I wish, but I have a feeling Smith is going to be OSU's Ferentz, or at least their next Riley. He is to OSU what Nebraska wanted frost to be. A legacy QB that came back to turn around their program.

Iowa fans would blow their tops if they actually saw good OL play, which Smith and his staff are nailing every year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT