ADVERTISEMENT

Cancel the DM Register

i guess I’m blown away by how this turned so political by people blaming this somehow on liberals with absolutely no proof....I mean for all we know this Calvin guy could be a hat wearing member of the MAGA party...

Reactions: BBHawk
Aaron Calvin is an easy target ND he deserves the ridicule. He is also just a flunkie. The higher ups at the register are the people that have obviously created this culture and then defend it. The same thing extends to Busch.

Busch got in trouble a few years ago for putting out a can that stated their beer helped the word no go away. Such a great thing to print on the side of a beer can. So much respect for women.

So their higher ups do this to Carson when they have done so much worse. Not to mention of course that they advertise plenty on comedy Central. Carson quoted tosh which is a pretty damned normal thing to do especially for a 16 year old kid. Had Busch not ever watched shows like tosh and south Park on a channel they advertise on? It is such a huge disconnect

I see Busch is in damage control this morning. I'm sure they made what they thought was a diversity HR type decision and would simply move on after helping Nike Carson. They were wrong.

This hasn't even really hot the national news platforms yet. It will and it will be bad.

i guess I’m blown away by how this turned so political by people blaming this somehow on liberals with absolutely no proof....I mean for all we know this Calvin guy could be a hat wearing member of the MAGA party...

He isn't. He is about as left as they come. Plenty of proof on his Facebook account that people were posting. Pictures with Bernie for example

Reactions: HawkinMN
What a dumb statement the DSM Register released on why they published it. Of course Carson was going to try to get ahead of it when you brought it to his attention in an interview, he thought you were going to publish it and you did. The fact he brought it up before the Register published made no difference.

I do t know the reporter, but I actually kind of feel bad for him. I assume he was just doing his job and what someone told him to do and now he’s taking the backlash. Whoever made the decision to publish should be fired.

Reactions: rchawk
Some people on the internet are saying that the Register reporter might be an ISU fan and this could potentially all be part of a plot to keep the CyHawk series alive. And I don’t necessarily agree with them, but it makes a lot of sense. The horrible treatment of our band was dominating the news and Iowa was mad...they manufacture an unnecessary crisis to divert attention.

Makes ya wonder...
This is a joke, right? Please tell me it's a joke.

Liberals destroy. It is political.
I'm a liberal on Carson's side. So are MOST of us. STFU you moron.
The reporter is apparently Rehka Basu. She's a huge leftist.

Those claiming this particular type of character assassination isn't political are obtuse and naive.

Way to get the reporter totally wrong because you were out on a political witch-hunt. You're no better that A-Aron Colvin.

The Register has managed to do something even better than Carson King did... unite Iowa and ISU fans in a common cause.

Exactly. I just agreed with a Dana Loesch tweet FFS. I feel like I need a shower after this.

And whoever said this is hyper-progressives, not liberals, is dead on. This is why "woke" culture needs more sleep.

Reactions: BrunoMars420
A little too late.

EFScauzX4AA_bxX

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
Some people on the internet are saying that the Register reporter might be an ISU fan and this could potentially all be part of a plot to keep the CyHawk series alive. And I don’t necessarily agree with them, but it makes a lot of sense. The horrible treatment of our band was dominating the news and Iowa was mad...they manufacture an unnecessary crisis to divert attention.

Makes ya wonder...
You might be dumb enough to work at the Register.

Too late, I cancelled my subscription years ago.

Me too. Turned into a terrible biased product that got worse due to the lack of proof reading the articles. Constant mistakes regarding spelling, improper grammar.
But at the end of the day, AB is still donating a ton of money that will help sick kids. Register isn't doing a dang thing.....

And the Rag has donated how much money to the cause? That’s right, nothing.

Reactions: Franisdaman
I posted this in another thread, but in case you don't read one of the other many on this subject, I have a bit more nuanced view on this. Here's what I said:

I may well get ripped for this, but IDGAF. Both Carson AND the DSM Register are in the wrong here. I don't care what age you were, you hopefully grow up and clean up your social media as you get older. I use stories like this to teach my kids all the time about the type of online reputation they want to leave. And racist jokes aren't funny. They are stupid, and tosh.0 was a stupid show. I'm glad its off the air so these little wannabes aren't hearing and regurgitating that idiot's shtick. Society has norms when it comes to racism. Sorry it bit a good kid in the butt later in his life, but if it wasn't the Register, it might have been an employer.

Now, that being said, the Register had NO BUSINESS putting it in the article it did. It had absolutely nothing to do with this awesome story. The kid has obviously grown up and matured. He could have pocketed that money, but he did something great. Something that will help kids of all ethnic, cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds. And ESPECIALLY this Aaron Calvin loser, who has the audacity to call out this kid for the EXACT same sin he himself committed. So while the apology is in order, the better thing for the Register to do would be to publicly admonish and fire Aaron Calvin.

I posted this in another thread, but in case you don't read one of the other many on this subject, I have a bit more nuanced view on this. Here's what I said:

I may well get ripped for this, but IDGAF. Both Carson AND the DSM Register are in the wrong here. I don't care what age you were, you hopefully grow up and clean up your social media as you get older. I use stories like this to teach my kids all the time about the type of online reputation they want to leave. And racist jokes aren't funny. They are stupid, and tosh.0 was a stupid show. I'm glad its off the air so these little wannabes aren't hearing and regurgitating that idiot's shtick. Society has norms when it comes to racism. Sorry it bit a good kid in the butt later in his life, but if it wasn't the Register, it might have been an employer.

Now, that being said, the Register had NO BUSINESS putting it in the article it did. It had absolutely nothing to do with this awesome story. The kid has obviously grown up and matured. He could have pocketed that money, but he did something great. Something that will help kids of all ethnic, cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds. And ESPECIALLY this Aaron Calvin loser, who has the audacity to call out this kid for the EXACT same sin he himself committed. So while the apology is in order, the better thing for the Register to do would be to publicly admonish and fire Aaron Calvin.

There is nothing wrong with what you just wrote.

Me too. Turned into a terrible biased product that got worse due to the lack of proof reading the articles. Constant mistakes regarding spelling, improper grammar.

And the Rag has donated how much money to the cause? That’s right, nothing.

Slightly off topic, but the CR Gaz is the same thing. A junior high English class does better proof-reading.

You understand that he was quoting a TV show right? A TV show that is still on the air and for which AB provides advertising dollars?

When I was 16 everyone was quoting things like the Breakfast Club or Caddy shack or some other stupid thing. This is no different.

Carson handled this with dignity and class. The truth is AB is more responsible for that tweet than Carson though....because they literally helped pay for it back when Tosh said it on air.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT