ADVERTISEMENT

Carl Davis- Rd 1 Draft Pick?

wyohawk

HR Heisman
Jan 8, 2009
Todd McShay thinks so. Must've had himself one hell of a Senior Bowl.

(Scherff projected at #9 to NYG in this iteration)

G7cA5zz.png

This post was edited on 2/5 10:14 AM by wyohawk

Wouldnt that be something if a shitty Iowa team that only won 7 games with an easy schedule had 2 NFL first round picks?

Less with more

Originally posted by Other-guy-from-Wham!:
Wouldnt that be something if a shitty Iowa team that only won 7 games with an easy schedule had 2 NFL first round picks?

Less with more
The really troubling thing is how bad a 7 win team is going to be next year without two first round NFL picks. Yikes.

Originally posted by St. Louis Hawk:

Originally posted by Other-guy-from-Wham!:

Less with more
The really troubling thing is how bad a 7 win team is going to be next year without two first round NFL picks. Yikes.

I know right? It's almost as if one DT and one LT should have won the games by themselves. How didn't Central Michigan win the title that year they had the first overall pick?

There are 20 other guys on the field and we've seen that the years we have performed less than stellar are the years we have poor/inexperienced linebackers.

The 2010 team had Adrian Clayborn, Mike Daniels, Riley Reiff, Karl Klug, Christian Ballard, Micah Hyde, Allen Reisner, Marvin McNutt, Shaun Prater, Tyler Sash and probably more end up in the NFL. I'll give you one guess where the inexperience was on that team.

People can piss and moan all they want but I don't think next years' team will be any worse than this years talent wise. What I want to see is a philosphical change.

Good for Carl. Sounds like he did great in post season activities. Has great upside if he learns to play a little more consistent.

USAtoday has him going as the last pick in 1st round to New England.
SI has him going mid second to Detroit.

Davis consistently took up two blockers this year. Go back and watch the damage he did against Nebraska by himself.
I thought Davis played better this year that Scherff did after the injury. Carl would take over sections of the game, while Scherf seemed very solid all year long but not quite as dominant.

What a lot of people don't understand is that Davis's role wasn't about filling the stat sheet... I'm happy that Carl is getting this attention, dude had a good season even tho the numbers don't reflect it

Would LOVE to see two hawks drafted in the 1st round...although it would look pretty bad on our coaching staff.

Originally posted by hansenhawk:
It is truly amazing how good Iowa is at developing players for the NFL, while being so terrible at winning games.
Agree, Hansen.
But To be fair,... Imo, I think in Carl Davis's case that he had size already when he got on campus. He had some baby fat, but already had a huge frame and exceptional height, which makes a little easier to develop those guys for the NFL.

Regardless, I would be happy for Carl if it indeed turns out the way Mcshay thingks. I was pretty high on him ever since he got on campus and wish him the best and hope he has successful NFL Career.
This post was edited on 2/5 10:41 PM by ~HawkFaith777~

He's solid but not a game changer. I wouldn't draft him in the first round after what he produced for us. Someone with either a lot more smarts than me or with a lot more to lose may take him that early.

A lot of you do not understand how few people can actually fill the role of forcing a double team at the NFL level and then not get blown out when they are doubled. They are very rare and there is a reason teams covet them and draft them highly.

I really don't care if we ever have an NFL player drafted. I want the Hawks to compete and win. I think Ferentz cares more about getting a few guys looks in the NFL and graduating a whole bunch of good scholars but very average athletes. He can survive for a long time with 6-8 wins a year against a garbage schedule (as has been proven to date). If we had to play an SEC schedule, Ferentz would piss his pants and be found out for the losing FB coach that he is. I'm not buying what the good Coach is selling anymore.

Originally posted by AirForceChiefO:
I really don't care if we ever have an NFL player drafted. I want the Hawks to compete and win. I think Ferentz cares more about getting a few guys looks in the NFL and graduating a whole bunch of good scholars but very average athletes. He can survive for a long time with 6-8 wins a year against a garbage schedule (as has been proven to date). If we had to play an SEC schedule, Ferentz would piss his pants and be found out for the losing FB coach that he is. I'm not buying what the good Coach is selling anymore.
If we had to play an SEC schedule, theoretically we'd be closer to the South therefore making available the more elite athletes and recruiting classes. So that point is mute, we play in the BIG and have access to second tier prospects. Reality.

Originally posted by hansenhawk:
It is truly amazing how good Iowa is at developing players for the NFL, while being so terrible at winning games.
I LOL'd. How sad it that?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT