ADVERTISEMENT

Carter Happel to transfer?

CaliforniaGoldd

Scout Team
Apr 30, 2015
Barring injury, Happel likely won't be starting the next two years and Iowa would like to free up some scholly money. Odds are very high this happens, especially if JRent signs. If he transfers this season I could see SDSU as a good fit as they have a lot of money having lost both Conner Brown and Peyton Robb. If its next year, I could see Northern Iowa as the favorite landing spot as he could take over Alber's spot.

Well since we haven’t signed j-rent and there haven’t been any signs of C-Hap considering his options, I guess so...how much scholarship money is he getting?

Reactions: el dub
Every position in the lineup is earned and we have seen that a few kids got good wins yet were inconsistant enough that one can only speculate who steps up their level of commitment over the summer and takes a leap forward. Especially at a weight that gets talked about so much having gone a while without a title contender from the Iowa room at 141 lbs. Im gona love the first guy who solves the why does 141 always seem weak problem and conversation!

Reactions: Ohio_Hawk
Happel had some nice wins as a freshman and at one point in February, many on this site thought he'd earned the varsity position for the postseason. Definitely not out of the conversation to be varsity and earn all american in the coming 3 years. Like all, he needs to keep improving.

Dude what a dumb post! I actually thought you had info when I read the title but you’re just throwing s)/t out to see if it sticks to the wall. Maybe he’s an extreme competitor who wants to earn the spot at 41?

What Knight said. While anything is possible, 141 doesn't have anybody's name on it and if Carter wants to earn it, he can.

Barring injury, Happel likely won't be starting the next two years and Iowa would like to free up some scholly money. Odds are very high this happens, especially if JRent signs. If he transfers this season I could see SDSU as a good fit as they have a lot of money having lost both Conner Brown and Peyton Robb. If its next year, I could see Northern Iowa as the favorite landing spot as he could take over Alber's spot.
Blow it out your ass.

This is and to a lesser extent the lounge are the only internet “message boards “I pay attention to...been reading this board going on 20 years I’m guessing....for the most part this board is comprised of a lot of great guys with good knowledge and connections and being a Hawkeye wrestling junky I enjoy the shit out of it..... posts like this make my head hurt and piss me off I wasted 5 minutes of my life opening it :cool:

Happel had some nice wins as a freshman and at one point in February, many on this site thought he'd earned the varsity position for the postseason. Definitely not out of the conversation to be varsity and earn all american in the coming 3 years. Like all, he needs to keep improving.

I was one of those. I know that Turk beats him head to head, but Happel really wrestled well this year. Turk is a strange wrestler, has heavy hands and controls the ties, really physical on the opponents head... and none of it creates offense. It seems his go to take downs are from space.

This is and to a lesser extent the lounge are the only internet “message boards “I pay attention to...been reading this board going on 20 years I’m guessing....for the most part this board is comprised of a lot of great guys with good knowledge and connections and being a Hawkeye wrestling junky I enjoy the shit out of it..... posts like this make my head hurt and piss me off I wasted 5 minutes of my life opening it :cool:
5 minutes, huh?
Dial-up?
tenor.gif

5 minutes, huh?
Dial-up?
tenor.gif
My lips move when I read.... have to sound them words out

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT