ADVERTISEMENT

Cassioppi to compete in UWW Junior WTT

Steveson is a lot like Hall. They are both very good folkstylers, but they are considerably better in Free.

Now, I am not saying that Cass has a chance to win either style at this point, but a Folk match would be quite a bit closer.

Reactions: HawkFT and Dagboi
Steveson is a lot like Hall. They are both very good folkstylers, but they are considerably better in Free.

Now, I am not saying that Cass has a chance to win either style at this point, but a Folk match would be quite a bit closer.
The score will be closer just by the nature of folkstyle vs freestyle. Folkstyle is a low scoreing, controlled match. You could literally say the same thing about almost all of these matches.

But there is no way you can watch their matches and think Cass is even close to being any type of threat to Gable in folk. Maybe he can get there some day, but right now it’s not close. I’d pick Gable by a major.

Reactions: PapaBearSLIM

Stoll will beat Steveson! By a couple. Class has work to do.

Stoll will beat Steveson! By a couple. Class has work to do.
Stoll's size may pose a threat, but Steveson's athleticism may be a bigger threat. Why this kid isn't playing football is beyond me.

Then again maybe the Haselrig / Neal route will save you 5 years of head trauma and if you are a freak athlete now you are still going to be a freak in 5 years.

The score will be closer just by the nature of folkstyle vs freestyle. Folkstyle is a low scoreing, controlled match. You could literally say the same thing about almost all of these matches.

But there is no way you can watch their matches and think Cass is even close to being any type of threat to Gable in folk. Maybe he can get there some day, but right now it’s not close. I’d pick Gable by a major.

I am pretty sure I said Cass isn't ready to threaten him in either style. But, Folk has escapes and you actually have to escape to get off bottom. Hell, even neutral wrestling can be quite a bit different with no push out and mat wrestling giving you other ways to score.

To be clear, my point was simple. Getting teched in Free Doesn't mean you are going to get throttled in Folk.

I am pretty sure I said Cass isn't ready to threaten him in either style. But, Folk has escapes and you actually have to escape to get off bottom. Hell, even neutral wrestling can be quite a bit different with no push out and mat wrestling giving you other ways to score.

To be clear, my point was simple. Getting teched in Free Doesn't mean you are going to get throttled in Folk.
To be clear, your point was not a good one.

I expected GS to do this, super impressive... could get that elusive 4 time Heavy NC. Stoll and some others could keep it close. We shall see.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT