ADVERTISEMENT

Cedar Rapids Washington opens ‘privacy restrooms’

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
On Tuesday, Cedar Rapids Washington High School posted a message on their Facebook page stating they had “celebrated another change” in their building.

CR Washington students participated in the door unlocking ceremony for the new privacy restrooms
CR Washington students participated in the door unlocking ceremony for the new privacy restrooms© Provided by Cedar Rapids KCRG-TV
Washington High School is now offering new gender-neutral privacy restrooms in the north hall of the building. All students may use the restroom, but the school issues a key to unlock them.

The school district did not say this is in response to the ‘Bathroom Bill’ Reynolds signed into law last week, which effectively states that transgender students are not allowed to use a public school restroom in Iowa that does not align with the gender they were assigned at birth.

When someone is in the bathroom, leave ‘em alone.

If someone is bothering you or someone else in the bathroom, dial 911.

Who is going around deciding who goes in what bathroom? Foff.

Otherwise known as the 'Private Vaping Room'.

Or the "sex with my girlfriend room"

Cr wash has some whack a doodle administrators. No names.

No problem with them doing what they did, but good lord that bathroom is going to be used for many things it's not supposed to be used for.

You guys realize that this would be easier to police than even a typical restroom, right? They’ll have a camera stationed outside of it, and if a kid after reports vandalism or vape smoke (which 95% would) they just go to the video and there aren’t like five or ten people in there at any given time. This is actually a brilliant idea. Good job, Wash.

You guys realize that this would be easier to police than even a typical restroom, right? They’ll have a camera stationed outside of it, and if a kid after reports vandalism or vape smoke (which 95% would) they just go to the video and there aren’t like five or ten people in there at any given time. This is actually a brilliant idea. Good job, Wash.
I agree that it's a good idea.

I also know when I was in HS I snuck a girl into the private, locking teachers bathroom and had sex with her. No cameras back then though.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
Some people will find a problem with this, but it seems fine to me.

I've stated on here before that being trans would be a tough life. I can't imagine.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Seems like a nice solution to a whole number of issues including kids that in general have anxiety. Kids on the spectrum. Etc

Reactions: cigaretteman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT