ADVERTISEMENT

Championship Tickets Request Form?

DirtyJohns

All-Conference
Mar 29, 2004
The University ticket request forms have to be sent out soon, no? Only about 5 weeks out from Detroit. Have a feeling that a lot of folks are going to be scrambling for tickets.

I’m guessing the NCAA has been taking a wait-and-see approach with Covid… But this is getting ridiculous.

It sounds like the universities still don’t know how many tickets they’re going to get. And when tickets were sold a couple months ago, they were only sold for a couple nosebleed sections on each end. So either there will be a big second wave of ticket sales, or the universities are going to get more than they have in recent years.

The University of Iowa was allotted 400 all session tickets. The team takes their allotment out of this. This is per my phone conversations and emails with the ticket office. Per an email from the ticket office, solicitations to purchase tickets will be sent to Wrestling Season Ticket Holders based on priority points. This was suppose to start on Monday.
I also received an email from NCAA ticket office stating they didn’t offer all session tickets this year. They stated demand is so high that they wanted to give more fans an opportunity to attend. All the tickets available through the NCAA are offered through Ticketmaster. To buy all sessions in the upper bowl would cost $1017.00, once you add in Ticketmaster’s fees. This is for section 216, which is on the end. The face value of an upper bowl all session ticket is $285.00. The first two sessions are &50-$70, a finals ticket will cost you a minimum of $475.00 through the NCAA
The ordinary fan has officially been shut out and denied a ticket to see all sessions.
I am beyond disappointed for what the NCAA has done to the NCAA wrestling tournament.

Last edited:
Good news wrestling is a truly growing sport. The bad part of that is tickets at nationals are going to continue to be harder to get year after year.

Reactions: Section25
When I called the ticket office yesterday I was told it will be another week before they know what their allotment is and will send emails to ticket holders at that point.

When I called the ticket office yesterday I was told it will be another week before they know what their allotment is and will send emails to ticket holders at that point.
I was told this last week. What I found is that email goes to management. I have emails on what they allotted to the University. We can hope more tickets are allotted?
I believe the people on the phones are part time. I have an email from two weeks ago which states I am not high enough on the priority points list and to look at the NCAA website, we have a note on your account if anything changes.

Reactions: evashevsky58
Word of warning is the ticket office doesn't always communicate accurate information. You might get a different answer based on who you talk to. Email is likely to be more accurate than a phone call.
THIS. Acuhawk is on the money! For the most accurate information email. They are real good about responding in an efficient manner.

I emailed the ticket office today and they said

"We were only allotted 400 tickets from the NCAA to solicit to our season ticket holders and fans. We are currently going down the list based of priority points ranking until we run out. We recommend checking the secondary market for tickets to NCAA Wrestling championships."

• Sad
Reactions: ping72
I emailed the ticket office today and they said

"We were only allotted 400 tickets from the NCAA to solicit to our season ticket holders and fans. We are currently going down the list based of priority points ranking until we run out. We recommend checking the secondary market for tickets to NCAA Wrestling championships."
Same story as two weeks ago. At least the message is consistent. Unfortunately, the NCAA could give two sh**ts about how many tickets schools. I wonder what PSU’s allotment was? It used to be the team that won Nationals the year before got the largest number of tickets.

• Sad
Reactions: TNTwrestle
we are in nose bleeds for first 5 sessions, of 4 tickets.
We are short and in need of 2 finals tickets only = thanks in advance!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT