ADVERTISEMENT

Women’s Big 10 Tournament

Brian_Fantana

HR All-American
Feb 9, 2006
A bunch of us have all session tickets to the tournament and Fridays came with 2 sessions of tickets. Anyone know if they kick people out in-between? It would only be about an hour or so in-between games; but I don’t have a lot of desire to go to the early Friday games so would just give those away

That said, if they don’t kick people out, we may use them to get better seats and give later session tickets to friends. Gonna try to call the Target Center tomorrow but thought I’d see if anyone knows. The website is useless from what I can see and the tickets just say 11:30 and 5:30

Yes, the hordes (at least previous years) are hustled out in between the two sessions. We attend all and find it fun to see all the battles (while checking out the opposing teams).

Reactions: Brian_Fantana
it’ll be interesting to see how early people with GA tix start lining up and how much of a cluster f it’ll be once it opens

hoping it’s carver north again, but also concerned with the sellout if those are “real” fans or just buyers to re-sell. Hate to see families priced out of being able to get there. Last year had local family walk up and buy tickets to join us for a couple of Iowa games, but won’t happen this year….price of success?

it’ll be interesting to see how early people with GA tix start lining up and how much of a cluster f it’ll be once it opens
Agreed - so if the 2nd session GA gets admitted around 4:30 or 5, it will be interesting to see how long lines are. If we use both sessions, any idea if we would then have to go back to the end of GA line for 2nd session?

hoping it’s carver north again, but also concerned with the sellout if those are “real” fans or just buyers to re-sell. Hate to see families priced out of being able to get there. Last year had local family walk up and buy tickets to join us for a couple of Iowa games, but won’t happen this year….price of success?
If you look on Stubhub and the similar sites, the early session tickets for Friday are much cheaper. If they do indeed kick you out in-between sessions, I hope any real Iowa fans buying secondary tickets realize that and don’t just buy the early ones. Last year my wife and I went to the championship game and bought single game tickets 20 min before the game. Not quite the same this year clearly.

Yes, the hordes (at least previous years) are hustled out in between the two sessions. We attend all and find it fun to see all the battles (while checking out the opposing teams).
Just asked above; but do you happen to know if anyone that goes to the early session has to get back in line at the end of the line for the 2nd session? I have to imagine the line to get in will be long for the 2nd session, so would be worth going to both if not.

They are all just “sessions” to the ticket scanners… no distinction if you were there earlier. Last year when most everyone had GA tickets, yes, you just took your chances on when you got back in line if you chose to run out to get a bite or anything. I recall the lines getting longer as got closer to championship game. I myself wondering what difference (if any) there will be as we got reserved tickets. But we all have to re-enter/get in, don’t recall separate lines!!

Reactions: Brian_Fantana
They are all just “sessions” to the ticket scanners… no distinction if you were there earlier. Last year when most everyone had GA tickets, yes, you just took your chances on when you got back in line if you chose to run out to get a bite or anything. I recall the lines getting longer as got closer to championship game. I myself wondering what difference (if any) there will be as we got reserved tickets. But we all have to re-enter/get in, don’t recall separate lines!!
Thank you. We would definitely watch other games if we didn't get ushered out as we have GA. Now though i am wondering if it makes sense to skip the early session and get in line for the later session if we want decent GA seats. The Target Center isn't huge; but some of those upper level seats aren't great.

Appreciate the information.

Hah -- great suggestions. Wonder if my wife would pull a Lois while we are waiting!
I was thinking of bringing in some old sweatshirts and folding over the seats in-between sessions. I highly doubt they hired enough people to clean up between sessions. It is really strange to me though they only left an hour or so to clear people out and let people back in. Going to be a cluster F for the General Admission crowd.

Will be interesting. Had general admission always before and wasn’t a big deal. Just step out for a stroll or grab a drink/eats nearby. Last year had record crowds and expecting more than double this year. Real question if the crowds show for the Wed/Thursday sessions or had to buy full set just so can get in the evening/higher seeded teams (like us). Could be crazy on the weekend. Hope all works out for you!

Will be interesting. Had general admission always before and wasn’t a big deal. Just step out for a stroll or grab a drink/eats nearby. Last year had record crowds and expecting more than double this year. Real question if the crowds show for the Wed/Thursday sessions or had to buy full set just so can get in the evening/higher seeded teams (like us). Could be crazy on the weekend. Hope all works out for you!
Yep. Since they didn’t sell individual tickets, Wednesday, Thursday and early Friday sessions are on stubhub right now for as low as a $1.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT