ADVERTISEMENT

Charlie Moore

Good post. Despite being Mr. Basketball in IL, it does not appear he was coveted by a lot of upper tier programs. He ends up going to a class optional program like Memphis to play for a coach who is cut from the same cloth as Quin Snyder. Pastner exits to G'Tech, but no offer to Moore from the Yellow Jackets that I have seen. He gets interest from WI, NW, DePaul and Larry Brown's latest probation victim.

On one hand, offers from WI and NW must mean the kid is a decent student and not a knuckle head. On the other, it seems legitimate programs seem to lose interest once they engage with the kid.

Larry Brown's latest probation victim...great way to phrase it...gave me a chuckle.

Sounds like jNW's out. That's probably a good thing.
Same with Memphis given that's where he had originally committed. Would be nice if GT got cut. UNLV is a train wreck but I guess they offer playing time? Have to think GT and Illinois are the biggest factors in this, potentially SMU if Moore is still being influenced by some of his prior "handlers" that were rumored.

ChFVLggU4AAdfB4.jpg:large

Charles Moore ‏@CharlieM2_ 55m55 minutes ago
I appreciate all the coaches who put there time and effort in recruiting me but these are my final 8 schools
1f918-1f3fd.png
1f60e.png
1f4da.png
1f3c0.png
1f64f-1f3fd.png

113 retweets171 likes

What a whack job, this makes no sense. I wonder if Fran tried to get him to come in for a visit & couldn't get a commitment and Fran said "see ya". Maybe he truly did have his hand out and Fran told him to take a hike. Who knows?

Again, what a total whack job.

Reactions: WORTHYWISH

I appreciate all the coaches who put there time and effort in recruiting me but these are my final 8 schools
1f918-1f3fd.png
1f60e.png
1f4da.png
1f3c0.png
1f64f-1f3fd.png

113 retweets171 likes

What a whack job, this makes no sense. I wonder if Fran tried to get him to come in for a visit & couldn't get a commitment and Fran said "see ya". Maybe he truly did have his hand out and Fran told him to take a hike. Who knows?

He's a kid choosing a school. Why is he a whack job? Because he doesn't have Iowa on his list? If Iowa was one of the eight, you would not say that.

Lol with your "maybe we didn't want him anyway" or "maybe he had his hand out." Sour grapes.

My guess is Georgia Tech or Miami.

Reactions: nu2u
This might be good for Iowa in the sense that Jordan Godwin is pretty much guaranteed minutes next year, if he decides to play basketball, and from what I have heard and seen, he is the better of the 2 anyways. More physical, taller, more explosive. Maybe Fran decided to bank the scholly, or he has a transfer in mind, or Vital committed/is going to commit. Who knows.

He's a kid choosing a school. Why is he a whack job? Because he doesn't have Iowa on his list? If Iowa was one of the eight, you would not say that.

Lol with your "maybe we didn't want him anyway" or "maybe he had his hand out." Sour grapes.

My guess is Georgia Tech or Miami.

Sorry, I don't buy it. Moore could come in and very possibly start for a team coming off of 3 straight NCAA tournaments - not too mention play with his buddy & top 40 PF in Cook, and another Mac Irvin teammate in Moss - play 4 hours away from his family & home so that he can possibly go to WKU? SMU maybe? Yea, Larry Brown is totally clean, no doubt about that.

Sorry, something doesn't seem right in his recruiting - second time around, no less.

Reactions: DanL53
Seems like something went haywire last year between the Iowa staff and Charlie and the relationship was too bruised to repair. That's my wild speculation. The other one I'm going with is this: he knows all about fellow Illinois prep Christian Williams and thanks but no thanks, he doesn't want to come off the bench in college.:cool:

Is this another swing and a miss? Or did Fran not even take any hacks at the plate on this one?

Sorry, I don't buy it. Moore could come in and very possibly start for a team coming off of 3 straight NCAA tournaments - not too mention play with his buddy & top 40 PF in Cook, and another Mac Irvin teammate in Moss - play 4 hours away from his family & home so that he can possibly go to WKU? SMU maybe? Yea, Larry Brown is totally clean, no doubt about that.

Sorry, something doesn't seem right in his recruiting - second time around, no less.

Seriously, something doesn't seem right, again. Western Kentucky!?!? SMU!?!? UNLV!!!!! combes is just being deliberately naive to not suspect $$$$$$$$$ have something to do with it.

Reactions: skydog0784

I'm actually concerned that Cook is his buddy.

Seriously, something doesn't seem right, again. Western Kentucky!?!? SMU!?!? UNLV!!!!! combes is just being deliberately naive to not suspect $$$$$$$$$ have something to do with it.
Not to mention some of those schools (LSU, WKU, UNLV) were cut when he went to 10 yesterday according to his AAU coach. Disappointed Iowa didn't land him as I think he really is a great talent and would've been a perfect fit, but his recruitment has been an interesting ride to say the least.

If it's a swing & a miss it's also a swing & a miss for 9 other teams too. Evidently he has no idea where he wishes to go.

I'm not looking for Fran to go anywhere, Dan. I'm sure he's more frustrated than anyone when he can't get a recruit landed.

I don't share your optimism about the primary ball handling responsibilities next year with the roster as it currently stands. A quality point remains priority one.

Seems like something went haywire last year between the Iowa staff and Charlie and the relationship was too bruised to repair. That's my wild speculation. The other one I'm going with is this: he knows all about fellow Illinois prep Christian Williams and thanks but no thanks, he doesn't want to come off the bench in college.:cool:

Moore is a stud, he wasn't going to come off the bench if he came to Iowa. Odd recruitment, seemed like Iowa was going to get a visit here soon.

I'm not looking for Fran to go anywhere, Dan. I'm sure he's more frustrated than anyone when he can't get a recruit landed.

I don't share your optimism about the primary ball handling responsibilities next year with the roster as it currently stands. A quality point remains priority one.

I know, HawkDoc, my comment wasn't meant to be aimed entirely at you. But I am pretty sure we've got twelve recruits on scholarship already for next year. :) One has a tweet about showing up his doubters last summer. That was Bohannon. ;) Pretty sure Williams said something like that as well but I'd have to double check. No doubt of course where I stand, hoping they put another good season in the books next year.

Not too concerned with not being involved with this one. Something fishy happened before he committed to Memphis and I don't think that stuff will be going away when he's in school either.

However, we may go into another season without a lead PG. How will Williams and Bohannon fair? Who knows, but honestly where aren't there question marks for next years team with even Jok an uncertainty right now?

1f918-1f3fd.png
1f60e.png
1f4da.png
1f3c0.png
1f64f-1f3fd.png

113 retweets171 likes

cant believe Iowa didn't make the top eight, did Fran try?

Evidently Fran must have decided "no" with the Hawkeyes not making his top eight, and I am fine with that.

If Moore does not want to be a Hawkeye, or is just not a good fit, better to just move on.

Evidently, Fran is OK with having a combo or 2 guard play point. Jordan and Connor are good passers and very good shooters but watching their films, neither has the ability to break down a quick defensive player 1 on 1. That's OK in normal offensive sets, but when the play breaks down and you need someone to make things happen in the last 5 seconds of the clock, you really need that 1 on 1 ability. We will continue to suffer there for another couple of years. Sucks!

Evidently, Fran is OK with having a combo or 2 guard play point. Jordan and Connor are good passers and very good shooters but watching their films, neither has the ability to break down a quick defensive player 1 on 1. That's OK in normal offensive sets, but when the play breaks down and you need someone to make things happen in the last 5 seconds of the clock, you really need that 1 on 1 ability. We will continue to suffer there for another couple of years. Sucks!

I don't know that Fran is OK with it, I think he just missed out on a lot of guys he wanted.

I don't know that Fran is OK with it, I think he just missed out on a lot of guys he wanted.
I think Williams will be just fine one on one and a lot here will be surprised by this, I won't , and I have a suspicion that Moss will also beat his man one on one more often than not but on that one I will for now take a wait and see approach. My opinion is neither Flemming or Hutton could see them getting the opportunity to show what they could do with Moss and Williams ( when he plays the 2) ahead of them

Reactions: ZumaHawk and DanL53
I think Williams will be just fine one on one and a lot here will be surprised by this, I won't , and I have a suspicion that Moss will also beat his man one on one more often than not but on that one I will for now take a wait and see approach. My opinion is neither Flemming or Hutton could see them getting the opportunity to show what they could do with Moss and Williams ( when he plays the 2) ahead of them
Sorry that reply was meant for Hawkeye not you cycity

Auto correct is really getting my goat today

JP04.jpg
Beware TAuto CorrectRex!

For those with a concern about point guard, (Not meant at you lwl, just didn't feel like opening another window.) Consider that after William's committed in the spring of 2014 we still had one scholarship left...and we were looking for a big. We took one point guard in the 2016 class and he was offered in August of 2015. After that and even up until now there has been no pursuit of a point guard, even in the 2017 class were Goodwin is considered a combo.

Other than! And I will give those concerned this...after Fleming and Hutton transferred Fran said if we took another guy it would be in the backcourt. Meaning a guard of some kind, if, and we did offer Moore and Vital. Honestly we know neither offer was exactly planned all year long.

So we've got Williams, Bohannon and in a year C. McCaffery. And it seems Fran is confident in that group. Or wouldn't we be scouring the Earth for a point guard in 2017? We aren't. We've only offered one guard in Goodwin and a bunch of bigs!!!!

I'm trusting that Fran has a plan. I'm trusting he knows what he is doing. :)

Liked the pick Dan, made me laugh out loud thanks as that's exactly how I was feeling, maybe watching my goat, then again maybe I was the goat.lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT