ADVERTISEMENT

Charlie Rose is a loser. Should be fired for his Bannon interview.

I was agitated watching Rose but Bannon actually did quite well against Chuck's bulling tactic. IMO Bannon more than held his own and didn't lose his cool at all. If anything the more Chuck's tactics didn't work....the more he appeared frustrated.

Yeah, the issue was the interviewer and not the nutbag he interviewed.
Original sin of administration was staffing up government with people with any experience in governing. Lol

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
Charlie Rose a bully? LOL. I've heard it all.

....when Trump used the bully tactics during debates people sure had no problems tossing that label on him. Chuck does the same thing when it fits his agenda by interrupting, asking a second question while you are trying to answer his first, and generally just trying to disrupt your ability to effectively communicate.

Didn't really work today against Bannon. Maybe Chuck should take some lessons from our President.

....when Trump used the bully tactics during debates people sure had no problems tossing that label on him. Chuck does the same thing when it fits his agenda by interrupting, asking a second question while you are trying to answer his first, and generally just trying to disrupt your ability to effectively communicate.

Didn't really work today against Bannon. Maybe Chuck should take some lessons from our President.

There's a huge difference: The President and his minions spout certifiable bullshiz. Rose has a good BS detector and won't let it happen.

At the age of 75, Charlie Rose is now in the twilight
of his career as a journalist and talking face on TV.
Since 1993, his live-in companion has been Amanda
Burden, the step-daughter of William Paley, who was
the founder of CBS.

Bottom Line: The career of Charlie Rose is an example
who you know and not what you know.

Last edited:

So he pulled an O'Reilly/Hannity/Limbaugh on him?

Methinks some of you have never seen a Charlie Rose interview...he is the same with with everybody. I watch his PBS show a lot. Great, in depth discussion. Seen plenty of Repubs on there. Lol at this thread. Its weird to call you people cons...Trump is no con. On some things yes....others he is all over the place.

Bannon was giving some honest and detailed answers and rather than roll with it, Rose seemed bound and determined to go with some sort of predetermined "Gotcha" format. It increasingly became apparent that he was being outgunned by Bannon, but still he persisted.

I felt robbed. I felt as if I was getting only the introduction to Bannon's answers; never the full explanation.

Rose was clearly in over his head, but hopefully Bannon will make a tour of a few other shows.

Reactions: ghost80
I thought the interview was one of the best ever on television. Rose was relentless in pursuing answers to questions he asked. A couple of times, Bannon was intent on not answering the questions asked. Bannon did a great job of defending himself. Rose did a great job of keeping the interview on task.
Was Rose "neutral"? No. But in this format that was never an expectation. Bannon tried to bully Rose a few times and Rose pushed back.

I thought the interview was one of the best ever on television. Rose was relentless in pursuing answers to questions he asked. A couple of times, Bannon was intent on not answering the questions asked. Bannon did a great job of defending himself. Rose did a great job of keeping the interview on task.
Was Rose "neutral"? No. But in this format that was never an expectation. Bannon tried to bully Rose a few times and Rose pushed back.

Joel,

You concede that he was not neutral. I'm impressed with your honesty.

Now can you explain why?

So there was a portion that they didn't show on TV...

"Bannon confirmed in an online-only segment of "60 Minutes" that he opposed President Donald Trump's decision to oust Comey.

The wide-ranging discussion, which covered the Russia investigation, the media, the Republican Party and North Korea, was Bannon's first major interview since leaving the White House last month.

Asked by Charlie Rose whether Comey's firing was the worst mistake in political history, he said: "That would probably be too bombastic even for me, but maybe 'modern political history.'"

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/po...-may-be-biggest-error-modern-politics-n800211

Joel,

You concede that he was not neutral. I'm impressed with your honesty.

Now can you explain why?
Because Bannon is not neutral. Charlie insisted Bannon answer the questions he asked, as asked. In doing so, any interviewer will " cross the line"....Charlie attached Bannon...and the result was what it was.
HOWEVER.......the interview was fair. That is what you and I should expect..a "fair" interview. There were no "gotcha" questions asked and Bannon was always given ample opportunity to answer. It was no Hannity hack job.
Rose is the best interviewer in the media today. He has been so for a long time.

In setting up his segment on Sunday night’s 60 Minutes, Charlie Rose said that former Trump White House strategist and soulless black hole Steve Bannon “came ready to brawl.” If so, the self-proclaimed “street fighter” faced a weak opponent in Rose, who tried so pointlessly hard to understand Bannon’s contorted justifications for everything from President Trump’s response to the Charlottesville tragedy to Trump’s worst tweets that Rose was left sputtering — gasping for the polite, network-news, Sunday-night way of saying, “Are you effing serious?”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/steve-bannon-60-minutes-charlie-rose-010831424.html

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT