ADVERTISEMENT

Check out Hawkeye Football on twitter

Sounds like the team will come out of this stronger than ever. The players are rallying around each other. If there is real change that makes the program a more welcoming place for ALL, it will be a very good thing.

Support the team. They’re supporting each other.
These boys are planning on doing some serious damage on the field this fall!

F
Think it’s a smart PR move for the team to put them on the “official” looking background and then retweeting it.

Iowa usually sucks at damage control so that seems promising.

Seems like the guys are pretty solid together.
Fenske didn’t get the memo. C’mon Noah.;)

Any tweets from Dillon Doyle?
giphy-downsized-large.gif

These boys are planning on doing some serious damage on the field this fall!

I think you are right. An issue like this will either tear them apart or bring them together. So far it's all been about bringing them together. I love that the incoming recruits are closer because of this as well. I think we will see renewed passion and commitment both from the team and coaches and those of us not too stubborn to go will enjoy watching it in Kinnick.

Nor should they care what Tom or any other disgruntled, faux patriot thinks. Those fans can watch NASCAR if they have a problem with the 1st Amendment. Captain Kirk has given them permission to do whatever as a team. Tom and his ilk can sit and spin.
Please allow me to introduce you to "tom".

I've been going to Iowa games for 40 years and if that's how the players feel I will never attend or watch another Iowa game. I never in my life dreamed I could walk away from Iowa football. I listen to the anthem and think of and see images of all the young men killed on the beaches of Normandy, the jungles of Vietnam, etc, and right or wrong i feel you're disrespecting them by kneeling. Their honor means more to me than Hawkeye football but to each their own.

Please allow me to introduce you to "tom".

He's entitled to his opinion, but this ridiculous idea the Iowa players need the fans' approval to exercise 1st Amendment rights when the head football coach has okayed it or that Iowa players should be seeking "compromise" with some of the butthurt fans is insanely idiotic and laughable.

I knew some Iowa fans were stupid. I had no idea their hubris was this bad. Lol. Smh.

He's entitled to his opinion, but this ridiculous idea the Iowa players need the fans' approval to exercise 1st Amendment rights when the head football coach has okayed it or that Iowa players should be seeking "compromise" with some of the butthurt fans is insanely idiotic and laughable.

I knew some Iowa fans were stupid. I had no idea their hubris was this bad. Lol. Smh.

I agree. Conservative Iowans should stop supporting the team and University. Just stop going to games. Talk is cheap.

That's up to them. Are you saying all conservatives are opposed to the 1st Amendment?

I think the ideals of the University and conservatives differ. So perhaps the Krauses, Rastetter and others should drop their support of the UI and the football program.

I think the ideals of the University and conservatives differ. So perhaps the Krauses, Rastetter and others should drop their support of the UI and the football program.

Since colleges and universities are known today for being a bastion of liberalism, you might be on to something.

Very positive and makes me feel a little bit better about this thing turning around. My biggest fear is this would turn out to be a huge set back and black eye for the program. It seems most Hawks are being genuine when they say they want change and love this team and program. GO HAWKS

Ah, Ivory Kelly-Martin is still with the team? Somehow I thought he was the odd man out in the backfield last season according to a lot of fans and he's sure to transfer.

Good philosophy to live by if you're on twitter and have any type of celebrity status: if the profile replying to you is too lazy to put in a picture for their avatar, they're not worth your time.

Another great thing I see is refusing to go into cancel culture here and instead embrace winning hearts and minds of even those who disagree. People can better understand the magnitude of the cause and hurt when it’s not about attacking people and cancelling them out.

This is why there is no experience like the U of Iowa.

Another great thing I see is refusing to go into cancel culture here and instead embrace winning hearts and minds of even those who disagree. People can better understand the magnitude of the cause and hurt when it’s not about attacking people and cancelling them out.

This is why there is no experience like the U of Iowa.
I agree, I'm just saying profiles like "Tom" may have real people running them, but should be treated as bots that are only trying to waste your time when you engage with them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT